Progression Traitor Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Progression Traitor Feedback

Post by cacogen » #636254

Bottom post of the previous page:

Okay but how did steal objectives move the round forward in a meaningful way? The conflict generated is through the risk of being caught and depriving people of items they might want to use.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #637373

Recent thing I have noticed - traitors will complete one or two very low-impact objectives (i.e. kill Poly and Runtime), and then stop caring about their round because they "won." I've had like a dozen traitors at this point as sec not even care about evading sec, surviving to the end, staying alive on shuttle, and all of the fun traitor gameplay that makes the tension and rounds exciting.

Before when all traitors had the "escape alive and not detained" objective, they actually somewhat cared about self-preservation and not getting caught.
Spoiler:
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #637555

i dont know what is supposed to be fun about spending thirty minutes grinding/afking until you can buy gear to actually do whatever gimmick you wanted to do, There is nothing engaging about putting a bug on a tech board and then waiting twelve minutes to get tc. Traitor used to be one of the best antagonists. Now its menial and irritating, and far harder for traitors to actually create conflict in the round. I dont see a single benefit or upside to this and i think it has changed the game for the worse
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #637562

thomanthewise5404 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:21 pm There is nothing engaging about putting a bug on a tech board and then waiting twelve minutes to get tc.
Yea, I feel like the 'bug an item' objective is the least fun one on the whole list. Just have me steal the important item and teleport/stash it somewhere. The traitor was probably going to keep it afterwards anyway(even assuming it isn't the handtele or HoS gun), or stow it somewhere / destroy it.
I dont see a single benefit or upside to this and i think it has changed the game for the worse
The benefit is that we have less mindless roundstart slaughter and lazy bombings that ruin the entire round and ensure a shuttle call at the absolute minimum time. Plus, the new uplink is pretty and some of the new objectives are pretty fun.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #637581

We lost romerol for 12 minutes of bugging the clown's shoes.

I'm fine with objectives but you guys have very serious balance issues with the time it takes to accomplish certain objectives. Also, tech storage within the first 10 minutes is like, fucking traitorcon.

Can we not do things like delete romerol (the most fun and rare antag) and balance around 90 minute rounds? Thomas is right, sitting on my thumb for 12 minutes to wait to buy my weaponry or anything I need is just a bit boring? In reality this is more than 1/3rd of most rounds. Being killed in those 12 minutes isn't super rare, either. Traitors show up after 30 minutes of their honey-do list to attempt to play the game/actually antag it up now that their employer actually lets them buy their tools (this is STILL strange to me lmao, "you're not cool enough for us to send you something you can afford to buy via teleportation that would save your life but we invested all this time and money embedding you in the station."?????????? and they still just cop the funny batong.

I'm sure now that I've mentioned 90 minutes mothblocks will come with a chart that insists that Sybil does, in fact, last longer than 45 minutes on average because the time brackets for when the server is dead as fuck does run 45-90 minutes at 15pop until Americans come home from work.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #637635

Too much waiting. Objectives are mostly "do thing and wait 15 minutes" and then you earn too much rep so now you have to wait another 10 minutes to start gaining the passive rep again. I understand that the pacing is intended, but as the traitor these ways of doing it seem a lot more arbitrary than having a multi-step process to sending off the stolen items.
Weston Echard on Sybil
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #638057

Murder objectives give terrible rep and tc compared to everything else.
This sucks because murder is fun, and I'm tired of pretending that it's not.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #638059

It's fun, it's higher-risk than "Sit your fat ass on an upload board for 10 minutes," it involves security and medical, it pressures the station to consider a shuttle call or fight back to reclaim their home.

All my homies love murder
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Livrah
Byond Username: Livrah

Post by Livrah » #638129

With a lot of being said, game really miss the part where you are Traitor's roundstart target. Noone planing their kills, just pick up convenient objectives (most of which either secoff or assistant). Oh, and greentext where you don't even need to escape or being alive.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #638130

after letting myself really digest the meat of biddle traitors and get used to em i can say that they suck and i do not like them. i miss kits and surplus kits and walking into a maint room of 4 traitors passing around gear. i wish for old traitors to be added back. that’s my official opinion.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)

Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #638572

I am made very upset by the fact that you can not get very creative in how you want to kill someone, because you always need to body to decapitate/plant a card. For example, I can't make someone else unknowingly deliver them a massive bomb and then blow it up to kill them both, and I can't get the AI to do my dirty work on a non-human target for me if I can talk to them right. You have to kill them in person, and you can't kill them by gibbing/dusting them. This was made very clear to me as I felt to relief of being able to kill my assassin target by pushing them into the supermatter as an engi ling

This is a big problem for me (and others as well), and if it can't be fixed with progression traitors then I would rather not have progression traitors at all.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #638638

The russian raccoon owner and the gay man both have a point. Bring back bundles (bundle B my beloved) and tie the greentext to 2-3 roundstart objectives which serve as your ultimate goals for the round. If you wanna be boring about it i guess you can rep lock the bundles/surplus to the desword tier and cap them at 1 purchase to prevent broken interactions. Also make romerol spawnable in the surplus and super surplus crates! If i manage to get 40 TC through objectives (plus whatever i used for tot gear already) the round is clearly in major need of some spice, and rolling the forbidden chug bottle would solve that issue neatly.

I haven't ever gotten to a final objective despite at some points having over 60 tc by the way. That can't be intended
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #638677

I concur. Hold and wait objectives or bug objectives while increasing your chance of getting your antag round ended. Don't actually do much to effect other players on the game, thus keeping you from "antagonizing" people.

Old system worked better in that regard for sure. But at least there aren't mass murderbones at roundstart...

It's like it shot too far in the other direction. Where previously antags went from ending rounds before they even started, to not really interfering with anyones job outside of security?? (which actively seeks antags out.)
► Show Spoiler
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #638706

Copying from viewtopic.php?p=638705#p638705

If you can greentext without successfully leaving the arrivals shuttle and arriving on the station, maybe Progtraitor is a little too easy to greentext with.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #640141

Are bundles(not counting the contractor bundle of course) feasible to include back into what you can buy again for progressive traitors? Some of those bundles like the eco terrorist and carp bundles were pretty memorable.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #640248

traitor items have rep locks because they think you are too dumb to wield it, they think you will eat the Makarov pistol or shoot yourself with it, your reputation represents your iq
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #640999

The new sabotage objectives are really really good. Blowing up tcomms or breaking the ORM are much more impactful than killing some pets, and I knew that even if I died in a shitty way I would have antagonized someone. Add more of these please, fucking with crew for money is very fun. For some suggestions: Gravity generator, Cremator, Chem Dispenser, and Cryo Tubes all come to mind as things that would definitely result in crew trying to fix them.
Weston Echard on Sybil
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #641023

The bug and hold feels kinda lame because the item is just returned.

I think all steal objectives should include a drop off that removes the object from the round.

So:

1. Steal item.
2. Have countdown until drop off location is revealed.
3. deliver item at drop off, item is removed from map.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #641041

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:43 am Murder objectives give terrible rep and tc compared to everything else.
This sucks because murder is fun, and I'm tired of pretending that it's not.
This is a major issue.

Murder obj give 1-2 tc which is about the same cost as a magazine.

Given the risk involved in pvp and the fact sec now has an excuse to valid you the reward should be much higher.
waterfleainc
Byond Username: Waterfleainc

Post by waterfleainc » #641691

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:06 am Recent thing I have noticed - traitors will complete one or two very low-impact objectives (i.e. kill Poly and Runtime), and then stop caring about their round because they "won." I've had like a dozen traitors at this point as sec not even care about evading sec, surviving to the end, staying alive on shuttle, and all of the fun traitor gameplay that makes the tension and rounds exciting.

Before when all traitors had the "escape alive and not detained" objective, they actually somewhat cared about self-preservation and not getting caught.
Oranges has already taken all hope that the progression traitors will be improved but I'm glad to see many are feeling the same.

I am having more and more positive experiences with tots who are just DONE killing poly 12 rounds in a row and are doing fun stuff.
massa

Post by massa » #641708

let us buy everything up front without time limits

make romerol 45 tc

let us have fun please
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #641720

massa wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:55 pm let us buy everything up front without time limits

make romerol 45 tc

let us have fun please
Hold up genius fucking idea right here

Scale the cost of super dangerous goodies like romerol with things like how many people are on the manifest (more crew = loud things cheaper), and/or how many of those crew members have clients, how many ghosts there are, etc.
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #641731

The whole reason prog traitor even made it in the first place was maintainers wanting a time limit on traitor items. If it weren't for that, I don't think prog traitors would have ever been merged, at least not as it. There are more simple and elegant solutions to the issue of traitors buying a double e-sword round start and charging sec, using all the conflict they could have created in the round 5 minutes in. Progression traitor is designed nihilisticly, and I would argue poorly, although I do admit it could be made significantly better with tweaks.

I'm been a detractor sense this concept's development, but I do think there is SOMETHING here, it's not a complete waste of time. But can't say im a fan of the current state of things, and would be happier with a complete revert if necessary.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #642286

massa wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:55 pm let us buy everything up front without time limits

make romerol 45 tc

let us have fun please
no
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #642288

That new PR that adds more interesting objectives is definitely a step in the right direction for chaotic traitor rounds.

Waiting 30 minutes for gamer gear is still kinda tough though.
► Show Spoiler
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #642304

I think prog tots somehow got worse. Now many bug and destroy objectives award ZERO tc, and just like 80 reputation points or something. Not easy ones either, actually risky objectives that require exposure are 0 or 1 TC.
Spoiler:
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #642333

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:57 am I think prog tots somehow got worse. Now many bug and destroy objectives award ZERO tc, and just like 80 reputation points or something. Not easy ones either, actually risky objectives that require exposure are 0 or 1 TC.
Its kinda hard to tell but in the wall of text for each objective it tells you how much tc you get if you dont skip, usually a significant amount. Cant say this goes for all objectives but bumping 2 TC up to 6 is a nice paycheck.
Weston Echard on Sybil
massa

Post by massa » #642343

yeah this is weird, almost no objectives give TC, but the super high value ones give insane amounts
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #642972

These sort of objectives are very irritating to see. I chose to skip both of these because losing 2 slots of inventory space for 11 minutes wasn't worth 2 TC. Being forced to hold onto bugged items is bad from a design perspective as well: the difficulty is in stealing and bugging the item, then escaping undetected. After you've done that, holding it for 11 minutes, 22 minutes, or even 55 minutes is trivial. So why do you have to wait to get the payment?

I really don't understand the benefit or thought-process behind forcing traitors to hold onto items for a long period of time, except from the OOC rationale of wanting to delay their TC gain. But isn't this what the reputation system is for in the first place? They're already heavily restricted in what they can buy until they have enough rep, so why add this on-top of that?

I imagine this stems from the worry about the few people who got 60 TC a couple rounds, so the goal is to nerf the TC awards to prevent this from happening. But this is misguided I think. People who achieve outrageous TC in a round do so because it's either lowpop, or there's no resistance (no sec, bigger threats than traitors, etc.). When those criteria are met they will farm high amounts of TC regardless, it's not an issue with the reward it's because all difficulty surrounding objectives has been flattened to 0. As a result these sort of TC nerfs only stand to harm the vast majority (95%+) of traitors who don't have the stars align and get an easy 40 TC objective-farming round, and actually have to struggle.

The system should be balanced around the average traitor in the average pop round, not the few exceptions on 15pop in scenarios that the game isn't designed for anyway. I think objectives broadly shouldn't award less than 2 TC, regardless of the difficulty. Let traitors have a little fun, they don't need to have a long grindy experience for tiny rewards. We want them to impact the round and survive as long as possible to increase the net chaos and fun everyone gets to experience, and if they have a few extra TC that will only help matters. Currently traitors are heavily, heavily incentivized to cause as little impact as physically possible to survive, especially for LRP where the entire crew can kill them if they're outted as valid. This results in fewer crew interactions with traitors, the people who are supposed to be spicing up the round, and more boring gameplay.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #642976

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:54 pm I really don't understand the benefit or thought-process behind forcing traitors to hold onto items for a long period of time, except from the OOC rationale of wanting to delay their TC gain. But isn't this what the reputation system is for in the first place? They're already heavily restricted in what they can buy until they have enough rep, so why add this on-top of that?
It's so you can get caught with contraband when you're searched.

The biggest problem IMO is - don't laugh at me - lack of validhunting

I'M SERIOUS, LISTEN

Half the time, people are totally open about stealing hand teles and bugging offices and shit like that, and nobody does anything about it so the traitors don't have to be stealthy at all because until they go loud nobody cares, probably out of pity for them being progtraitors. There's no tension, no cat-and-mouse.
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #642977

Pandarsenic wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:18 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:54 pm I really don't understand the benefit or thought-process behind forcing traitors to hold onto items for a long period of time, except from the OOC rationale of wanting to delay their TC gain. But isn't this what the reputation system is for in the first place? They're already heavily restricted in what they can buy until they have enough rep, so why add this on-top of that?

I'M SERIOUS, LISTEN

Half the time, people are totally open about stealing hand teles and bugging offices and shit like that, and nobody does anything about it so the traitors don't have to be stealthy at all because until they go loud nobody cares, probably out of pity for them being progtraitors. There's no tension, no cat-and-mouse.
I agree that a lack of validhunting is the issue, but we should remove any objectives where the only reason someone would intervene would be because "tot bad". A few stick out to me as highlights of this problem, such as bugging offices, stealing the blackbox, stealing SM shard, stealing nuke core, and killing pets. When I see these objectives being completed, I have zero reason to care about what the person is doing other than "joe is bad". We do have some good objectives that make nearby crew immediately say "I'm going to put your head on a stick", such as the RnD core objective and most of the sabotage objectives. Fireaxe objective is probably similar but I see atmos techs hiding it roundstart a lot now.

TLDR objectives that make crew pissed like sabotaging tcomms or the ORM are very good and we should have more of these and less of "bug useless office"
Weston Echard on Sybil
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #642983

Having no way to remove bugs except blowing them up as not-traitor is annoying.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #643065

I'M SERIOUS, LISTEN

I think that is an issue unique to Manuel. It makes a lot of sense though since Manuel has a no-validhunting policy. There is a lot less confrontation and crew can’t really lynch someone over doing standard objectives.

If you’re searched then odds are they will find traitor items on you regardless, so an extra bugged chip or two won’t matter much. Personally I’ve never had an issue keeping a bugged item, the difficulty is getting intercepted while doing the actual traitoring. Once that happens it doesn’t really matter what you have on you.
Spoiler:
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #643085

My experience is that Sybil is much, much more prone to having people openly mention their traitorous activities openly when security's not around.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #643133

I miss the "accomplish your objectives at all costs" theme that traitors used to have. I miss traitors (usually) having to survive on the shuttle to greentext.

I wish prog traitors still had their two + escape/die objectives for greentext and that the new optional objectives system was solely to get more TC and unlock more dangerous gear.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #643141

zxaber wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:32 pm I miss the "accomplish your objectives at all costs" theme that traitors used to have. I miss traitors (usually) having to survive on the shuttle to greentext.

I wish prog traitors still had their two + escape/die objectives for greentext and that the new optional objectives system was solely to get more TC and unlock more dangerous gear.
I feel like this too.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #643220

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:39 am
zxaber wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:32 pm I miss the "accomplish your objectives at all costs" theme that traitors used to have. I miss traitors (usually) having to survive on the shuttle to greentext.

I feel like this too.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #643226

Progression traitor is just contractor with an item lock

We could have both!
► Show Spoiler
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #643240

The new bomb objective is kind of fucking horrible.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #643244

The new bomb objective habitually turns people into nuggets or heads for bad luck with no counterplay, but at least it gives a reason to get your valids on and show no mercy to traitors.
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #643247

carshalash wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:35 am The new bomb objective is kind of fucking horrible.
It really should check for pop before rolling. A 12 pop station usually has no choice but to call once that bad boy pops like 2.5 departments and fucks atmos everywhere.
Redrover1760
Byond Username: Redrover1760

Post by Redrover1760 » #643605

I'M SERIOUS, LISTEN

This. This is the reason why old traitors are better. They had very specific goals, either a list of things that only antags steal that are supposed to be secure and on important people or hidden in departments, or straight up fucking murdering people. Outside of a few joke easy objectives you occassionally roll, in order to greentext you have to do some bad shit and piss off crew.

Now you can get away with being a "half-antag" that's more like a greytider/antag mix where all you do is walk in high security areas and steal stuff you can print at a rd console to complete your minimum point goal.

Remove all easy objectives and make the rep system a lot less harsh on tots in terms of gating stuff off, so for the first 10 minutes of your tot shift you have to plan and literally nothing or use low-level equipment to complete fairly hard objectives else while the round starts up. Tots should be given downtime to plan and plot instead of wasting their time on low-level objectives that don't really do much and isn't interesting for the round. With only hard objectives left they should give a lot more TC and reputation.

If an objective isn't causing conflict in a round and only causing boring tedium, it needs to go. Nor should people really be having to worry about budgeting TC on objectives that don't even get them TC back because they want to do actual shit with that TC later or earlier.
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #643613

we have enough good objectives now that we can probably remove the "bug office" objectives those really suck and provide nothing to the round other than a quick 1 TC and a valid to hunt. Bugging offices is a chore, destroying the ORM and pissing off miners forever is a lifestyle.
Weston Echard on Sybil
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #643727

Remove the new bomb objective, its the worst thing added to the game in the entire time since ive started playing SS13.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #643732

Never remove the new bomb objective its the best thing outside of assassinate
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Y0SH1M4S73R
Byond Username: Y0SH1_M4S73R
Github Username: Y0SH1M4S73R

Post by Y0SH1M4S73R » #643742

As a manuel regular, I've seen lots of complaining about how progression traitor and its objectives generally lead to miserable rounds. For one, the propensity of assassinate/behead objectives effectively amounts to code-enforced murderbone for an antagonist that is explicitly forbidden from murderbone in the MRP rules. Due to the reputation system and how it is inextricably tied to a traitor's access to equipment, interesting traitor gimmicks are foregone in favor of just buying whatever is necessary to powergame the next objective that pops up in your uplink.

Even more egregious are such things as the bomb objective. While potential revisions to the MRP rules will allow for grand sabotage, the bomb objective amounts to causing firelock hell because the red menu on your PDA told you to. This, in my opinion, is not an interesting form of grand sabotage. The fact that this significantly disruptive objective can occur multiple times only magnifies the problem I described.

While I do concede that reducing the ability for traitors to start the round at full power is a justification for progression traitors, that isn't a problem on MRP, as the escalation and murderbone rules prevent full-power traitors from using their abilities to the extent that justifies the thorough rework that progression traitors is. If it were up to me, the ideal solution for resolving the problems on MRP without reintroducing the problems mitigated on LRP is to reintroduce the classic traitor system as a config option to be enabled on MRP. Barring that, a heavy adjustment to the MRP dynamic config to reduce the de-facto railroading of progression traitors and the frequency of its high-impact objectives.
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #644642

I hate seeing -80% rep because the round has not progressed to a certain time and I've been gaming to hard or whatever. Its a roundabout and stupid way to enforce a "soft" timer on uplink items. What frustrates me more is that my suggestion to remove rep and simply add a timer on uplink items, was called stupid, despite the fact that's basically what we already have with extra steps. Reputation also kinda blows thematically.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
waterfleainc
Byond Username: Waterfleainc

Post by waterfleainc » #644902

Sorry. I replied to the wrong post.
Last edited by waterfleainc on Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #644949

Y0SH1M4S73R wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:43 pm The propensity of assassinate/behead objectives effectively amounts to code-enforced murderbone
:roll:
Jake
Byond Username: EnterTheJake

Post by Jake » #645338

i've now clocked around 150 hours playing traitor on manuel i made a few pointers about what i think should be looked at

As it stands the progression system discourages going loud, kill objectives are messy and unrewarding

Due to the nature of the progression system Traitors are heavily discouraged from murdering people, the rep and tc reward are meagre and more often that not you are going to get the entire station to hunt you down, theft objectives are much safer and way more rewarding.

Heads shouldn't be able to roll for traitor anymore

Frankly it's just way too easy, as a head you have so much access certain objectives basically come for free, having access to the bridge alone already trivializes many objectives.

This gets extra stupid when you get an acting captain traitor, for obvious reasons.

The sleeper protocol objective should not be global across professions

Expecting a janitor or an engineer to complete this objective is pretty unrealistic

The space dragon final objective is too weak

Romerol cascade and battlecruiser are all round ending objectives, Space dragon without the ability to summon rifts to heal is honestly not that big of threat, I'm not a fan of traitor turning into another antagonist myself but if we really had to cross that line it should have been a round ending antag like blob, Space Dragon just doesn't cut it.

Maybe add some nukie gear locked behind legendary progression?

Upon reaching final objective territory traitors are pretty much forced to go loud

Romerol requires you to kill several people to start the pandemic

Cascade requires you to first delam the SM and then defend it until it explodes

And Battlecruiser turns you into a nukie.

maybe add some nukie weapons or modsuit modules to help traitors in that regard?
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #645381

Sleeper protocol would work better if it were a skill chip instead of requiring an operating computer to do.

I think kidnapping objectives should be more available than roundstart as they are often much more difficult to perform over simply killing the target.