Round ending when the shuttle is almost to station (poll)

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Should the round end immediately if the sole antag dies and the shuttle is nearly to/at the station?

Yes, end the round immediately
42%
No, Let us return to centcom
52%
Abstain/No opinion
6%

Total votes: 31

Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Round ending when the shuttle is almost to station (poll)

Post by Incoming » #77157

There's been a little discussion lately on how a piece of mulligan antag (see https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3088 ) code forces a "mini extended" period if the round antag dies while the shuttle is past the point of no return.

In this situation would you rather wait the time for the shuttle to arrive and take you to centcom for a "classic" round finish or would you rather the round end right then and there with the antagonist's death?
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Round endin when the shuttle is almost to the station (p

Post by lumipharon » #77162

If shit is fucked enough for it to not mulligan I don't see the point in delaying the end by a few minutes.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Round endin when the shuttle is almost to the station (p

Post by Saegrimr » #77163

If the shuttle is at the point where it can't be recalled, might as well let it end normally at centcom. Its at most 10 more minutes onto the round, and the players won't know if theres another apprentice on the station, a traitor mulligan, or whatever else keeping the round going. Gives that extra time for still functional departments to get their fun tools to bring to the round-end deathmatch that everybody loves so much.

Even if the station is a significant degree of fucked, people will still have to survive long enough to get to the shuttle.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Incoming
Github User

Re: Round ending when the shuttle is almost to station (poll

Post by Incoming » #77164

The idea was to allow for people to "fight to survive" to get to the shuttle even if shit was fucked badly. Sometimes just surviving is its own reward if you ask me.

Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #77798

If shuttle is already on the way and shit is non-fucked, there's no challenge in survival and I just have to wait 3-10 minutes (3 in shuttle, 2 in docking, 5 en route), I'd rather the round just instantly ended. There's nothing particularly interesting about those 10 minutes. It's the one thing that happens literally every round. It couldn't be more predictable and less interesting as worthy gameplay to add to a round where the one antagonist is dead.
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #77822

People rushing to call the shuttle when nothing is fucked is the other problem here.

You shouldn't be calling the shuttle 35 minutes into the round because you want to reroll for antag faster. That's shit.

callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #77828

Incoming wrote:People rushing to call the shuttle when nothing is fucked is the other problem here.

You shouldn't be calling the shuttle 35 minutes into the round because you want to reroll for antag faster. That's shit.
BUT NOTHINGS HAPPENING LETS GO HOME IM BORED etc etc
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #77835

There's nothing good about waiting 5-10 minutes every round to hit CENTCOM - it's simply a waste of time doing something entirely rote with zero antagonists and an often almost entirely unfucked station. Surviving is almost never a problem in the first place unless you're utterly new to the game, and the station hardly ever gets bombed to smithereens compared to yesteryears either (and if it is, almost surely _all_ the traitors/lings won't be caught, meaning the round would never end automagically even with 30% dead).

Basically, that's a good hour or three a day just sitting around, most people afking until the shuttle arrives or afking as soon as the primary antagonist is dead and the shuttle arrives, because there's essentially zero value in the rest of the round (surviving / reaching the shuttle is what you do almost every goddamn round to begin with, and the station is almost never under heavy enough duress with the primary antag dead, that survival or escape requires more than a single braincell).

Basically, what Chiemon said. You'd be insane to support this.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #77862

Antag hunt over new round gotta go fast
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #77876

Saegrimr wrote:Antag hunt over new round gotta go fast
callanrockslol wrote:
BUT NOTHINGS HAPPENING LETS GO HOME IM BORED etc etc
It endlessly fascinates me that there are people who act disgusted with the fact that SS13 is a videogame

Incoming wrote:People rushing to call the shuttle when nothing is fucked is the other problem here.

I agree it's shit, but there needs to be for people to do as non antag. Most of the jobs are just gathering resources to build fancier ways to kill people, or waiting for antags to do damage so you can undo it.

What fun is a being a doctor if nobody is hurt, or an engineer if nothing breaks, or the point of building a mech that you never get to use?