Abduction [Gamemode]

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Re: Abduction [Gamemode]

Post by Miauw » #84130

Bottom post of the previous page:

but yeah i would be against these sprites for on-station stuff because they're so jarringly different, but landing in something that looks so alien compared to the station probably contributes to the experience :V
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #84141

It was good to be let off the leash :^)

thanks anturk
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #84693

Looks god damn amazing. It is jarringly different to the station, but I think that really works with the game mode. Its like a "oh shit where the fuck am I now?!" kinda experience. Nice work!
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #84868

Is this in rotation yet? It should be seems to not ruin everything or have demigod code babies.
AnturK
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Anturke

Post by AnturK » #84881

Forgot to post the latest update here:
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/9185

Mostly fixes and admin buttons this time though. The only new feature is buying spare equipment for experimentation points. Baton is priced at 2 points so you can't arm scientist from the get go.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #85479

This gamemode is amazingly entertaining and very playable in lowpop. Consider lowering the required player amount even further, maybe 12? Keep in mind that in lowpop this usually means that half the players will latejoin anyway.

Also, I think that the round should not instantly end if there is only one abduction team and they complete their objective. Is there any need for this to happen? You could have centcom send in a forced emergency shuttle or something.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #89407

So what does everyone think of the gamemode?

Personally I find it lacking, it just feels one-dimensional in what the abductors do. Its virtually always just find an isolated guy, bag him and bring him up. there is never the WHAT WILL THEY DO NEXT most other gamemodes have.

Personally I think abductors would be way better as a random addition to existing rounds like the ninja or revenant than as a seperate gamemode.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #89411

Real fun to watch and I hope real fun to do looks like a good one.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #89549

I enjoy this roundtype, it's nicely different and the gameplay is fun. Abductors are tricky to hunt as security but it can be done and it's very rewarding when you succeed. Doesn't seem to be poorly balanced, and it's very fun to watch if you die (and honestly, that's the mark of something good to me).
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #89572

Is this mode enabled on Sybil? I have not seen them show up in the rotation list there, nor have I seen an abduction round at all lately.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89575

I think the ayys are a random, rare event, much like the lusties.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
AnturK
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Anturke

Post by AnturK » #89590

Right now it's admin-only. I'll add rare-event version once the feature freeze ends.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #89682

Round type version has merits. I think it is like competing teams to catch and release the most humans?
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #89684

I agree with that. It should be avaible as both event and roundtype, just like blob. Maybe even consider a traitorabduct combination gamemode similar to traitorchan?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89721

Maybe abductor-chan is better, for maximum paranoia.
"So, which one of the three Captains is the real one, again? Oh, wait, there goes a fourth."
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: