Combat gloves from cargo

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Combat gloves from cargo

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #696826

This is not an idea, im working on this feature. It's obtainable only in a goodie case which costs X amount of credits.

Right now the syndicate toolbox has combat gloves, these gloves are useful for their shock protection without chunky fingers but they are a dead giveaway that you're probably valid in a similar vein of the syndicate modsuits.

I actually think they're similar to insulated gloves making you take them off every now and again because wearing them 24/7 means you'll probably get attacked for wearing them, a social aspect as opposed to insulated gloves' chunky fingers making them not useful for combat as a mechanical aspect to prevent 24/7 wearing

The high price in a goodie pack is to make sure not literally everybody has better insuls + while also retaining the ability to obtain useful gloves for non-antagonists for their convenience, or antagonists who either do use an uplink, are unwilling to spend telecrystals, or are unable to. This can help out antagonists like changelings, heretics, and blood brothers who dont use TC.

Will this powercreep and make the syndicate toolbox useless? Probably, but the toolbox only costs ONE telecrystal, i don't foresee this being a problem, we already have a few meme-tier syndie items.

The convivence and an always desirable item to have is a similar role of sunglasses from cargo, Flash protection from combat for antags, convenient welding protection and also combat for non-antags

This also gives some plausible deniability when wearing combat gloves, as you can say "I got it from cargo"

I want some feedback on what yall think
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Re: Combat gloves from cargo

Post by ArcaneDefence » #696877

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:57 pm It's obtainable only in a goodie case which costs X amount of credits.
The high price in a goodie pack is to...
what high price
Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #696880

ArcaneDefence wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:09 am
Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:57 pm It's obtainable only in a goodie case which costs X amount of credits.
The high price in a goodie pack is to...
what high price
Undecided, something like 1800?
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #696909

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:57 pm This is not an idea, im working on this feature. It's obtainable only in a goodie case which costs X amount of credits.

Right now the syndicate toolbox has combat gloves, these gloves are useful for their shock protection without chunky fingers but they are a dead giveaway that you're probably valid in a similar vein of the syndicate modsuits.

I actually think they're similar to insulated gloves making you take them off every now and again because wearing them 24/7 means you'll probably get attacked for wearing them, a social aspect as opposed to insulated gloves' chunky fingers making them not useful for combat as a mechanical aspect to prevent 24/7 wearing

The high price in a goodie pack is to make sure not literally everybody has better insuls + while also retaining the ability to obtain useful gloves for non-antagonists for their convenience, or antagonists who either do use an uplink, are unwilling to spend telecrystals, or are unable to. This can help out antagonists like changelings, heretics, and blood brothers who dont use TC.

Will this powercreep and make the syndicate toolbox useless? Probably, but the toolbox only costs ONE telecrystal, i don't foresee this being a problem, we already have a few meme-tier syndie items.

The convivence and an always desirable item to have is a similar role of sunglasses from cargo, Flash protection from combat for antags, convenient welding protection and also combat for non-antags

This also gives some plausible deniability when wearing combat gloves, as you can say "I got it from cargo"

I dislike this, why should be adding antag items to cargo. Just makes them feel less unique, and ruining the usefulness of the syndicate toolbox.
Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #696916

TheRex9001 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:37 am
Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:57 pm This is not an idea, im working on this feature. It's obtainable only in a goodie case which costs X amount of credits.

I dislike this, why should be adding antag items to cargo. Just makes them feel less unique, and ruining the usefulness of the syndicate toolbox.
Less focus on the uplink, allowing the other antagonists time to shine, what about my other points like the "24/7 wearing social aspect", the "gets valided instantly for holding them"
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #697002

This is just insuls but better. There is a reason why they're heavily restricted. Making insuls+ available to crew is basically just removing chunky fingers without actually removing chunky fingers. This is not a good idea.
Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #697032

Turbonerd wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:17 pm This is just insuls but better. There is a reason why they're heavily restricted. Making insuls+ available to crew is basically just removing chunky fingers without actually removing chunky fingers. This is not a good idea.
One, they're in a goodie case so you have to buy it out of your own account, two, they have a somewhat high price. I think the effort needed to obtain combat gloves is adequate, this also provides a buff to the other antagonists like blood brothers, the average sybilite does not buy stuff from cargo but instead tides into places and killbaits people, what i just said about sybil players is an exaggerated analogy (probably)
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #697774

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:32 am
Turbonerd wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:17 pm This is just insuls but better. There is a reason why they're heavily restricted. Making insuls+ available to crew is basically just removing chunky fingers without actually removing chunky fingers. This is not a good idea.
One, they're in a goodie case so you have to buy it out of your own account, two, they have a somewhat high price. I think the effort needed to obtain combat gloves is adequate, this also provides a buff to the other antagonists like blood brothers, the average sybilite does not buy stuff from cargo but instead tides into places and killbaits people, what i just said about sybil players is an exaggerated analogy (probably)
If you want to buff antagonists this is not really the way, antagonists have less access to guns than crew and since regular insuls have big fingers (preventing gun use) whilst combat gloves don't this just straight up buffs crew over antagonists. We should also be encouraging antagonism and not grinding bounties to afford a situationally useful item for antagonists.
Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #697803

TheRex9001 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:08 pm
Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:32 am
If you want to buff antagonists this is not really the way, antagonists have less access to guns than crew and since regular insuls have big fingers (preventing gun use) whilst combat gloves don't this just straight up buffs crew over antagonists. We should also be encouraging antagonism and not grinding bounties to afford a situationally useful item for antagonists.
Like they say, you can't buff blood brothers without buffing crew (And heretics and changelings since the emag is becoming the meta because lots of fun stuff is locked behind an emag)
And if they have less access to guns, how are they going to defend themselves against the crew?