Martian Food Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Martian Food Feedback

Post by EOBGames » #700351

I'd been meaning to make a forum for more organised feedback on Martian food, and a few people have told me that they'd appreciate one, so here it is.

It's been in for a little bit now, so I'd like to know: how are people finding the new foods? Are the nutritional values alright? How's the difficulty on the recipes? Any bugs or issues?
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
PotatoOfChaos
Byond Username: PotatoOfChaos

Re: Martian Food Feedback

Post by PotatoOfChaos » #700353

Love the content so far.
Only really had one minor gripe, and that's teriyaki sauce requiring honey.
I've never enjoyed stuff that requires it, and straining botany even more for just a tiny bit seems like a hassle.
The more major issues seem to have been fixed already, keep it up!
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #700435

Other than the problems brought up by Potato, or the (now fixed) issues like reispan burning instantly, I don't know of any major issues at present.

But I love the content. The drinks are all fun to make and have made for some great roleplay opportunities, finding out someone was Martian and offering them to try each of the rarer (non-standard ingredient) recipes each time I made one was good fun. The food is also fantastic, and adds a lot of fun and variety in what to make. My only concern is there isn't really a serves-most-people easy to make food that you can spam a few out while you work on the bigger things.

Patzikula in Tiziran was great for this. Cheap and easy, spam a few out to be able to feed everyone (edible by lizards AND humans, and Moths/vegetarians can just be fed tomatoes or something) while you work on the harder stuff. But if Martian has one, I haven't figured it out yet.

But otherwise I love and adore it. It's been awesome to have!
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #700692

i tried to make rice dough last night and i was trying to mix it in a container and it kept making uncooked rice and i was really confused caus i didn't realize i was supposed to use the crafting menu to make it. i was kind of high though so it was totally user error. anyway i really like the new foods, they all sound good. i want to eat those breakfast sandwiches so bad