Borgs blind/stunned/deafened/muted from stuns

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Borgs blind/stunned/deafened/muted from stuns

Post by onleavedontatme » #84918

Not much to say other than AoE parapens in the form of flashbangs and ling EMPs are not very much fun. They hit a button when they're on the same screen as you and you die without so much as being able to yell at them.

I lost, please nerf, etc
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Borgs blind/stunned/deafened/muted from stuns

Post by Saegrimr » #84919

Considering that's one of the very few ways to even stun a borg, I can't feel too mad about getting hit with those gigantic AOE stuns.

You get what, flashes, flashbangs, and EMP?
Remote lockdown too I guess, though that's not really a combat situation.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #84921

What would be a better alternative?
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #84926

Saegrimr wrote:Considering that's one of the very few ways to even stun a borg, I can't feel too mad about getting hit with those gigantic AOE stuns.

You get what, flashes, flashbangs, and EMP?
Remote lockdown too I guess, though that's not really a combat situation.
It's not so much the AoE stun as that you can't do anything at all, even shout. It's all the aggravation of old parasting but in an AoE
MisterPerson wrote:What would be a better alternative?
Let them still talk?
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #84932

Yeah this is really stupid primarily because of the mute function
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #84934

yeah, it mutes and deafens them. I don't mind being blinded or stunned, but this is less like getting hit by a taser and more like being parapenned.

also ling EMP was never ment to be the ultimate anti-borg weapon but what can you do.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #84940

Miauw wrote:yeah, it mutes and deafens them. I don't mind being blinded or stunned, but this is less like getting hit by a taser and more like being parapenned.

also ling EMP was never ment to be the ultimate anti-borg weapon but what can you do.
I know borgs can seem sort of strong sometimes but that does not mean being stunned has to be gg no re u ded

I honestly thought this was a bug. Just remove the mute function from it, if anything.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #84945

Directing you here: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/9106

This is your best chance to request any such adjustments.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #85013

They also wanted to make borgs vulnerable to fire like they did with fire suits. What is this cult of the almighty flame or ss13?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #85014

Incomptinence wrote:They also wanted to make borgs vulnerable to fire like they did with fire suits. What is this cult of the almighty flame or ss13?
Im indifferent regarding that. Fire is at least highly visible and avoidable, and it would make malf plasma floods less of a no brainer
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #85023

Miauw wrote:also ling EMP was never ment to be the ultimate anti-borg weapon but what can you do.
Remove the mute/deafen effect, perhaps make the stun shorter and give it a cool down (if there isn't one already. I almost never play antag so I'm not sure about that one). Long enough that the ling could use it for a quick get away from borgs or get a few good hits in to damage it or destroy it if it's already badly damage but short enough that the ling can't just charge a borg at full health, EMP it, and then murder the shit out of it while its helpless.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #85034

Jacough wrote:
Miauw wrote:also ling EMP was never ment to be the ultimate anti-borg weapon but what can you do.
Remove the mute/deafen effect, perhaps make the stun shorter and give it a cool down (if there isn't one already. I almost never play antag so I'm not sure about that one). Long enough that the ling could use it for a quick get away from borgs or get a few good hits in to damage it or destroy it if it's already badly damage but short enough that the ling can't just charge a borg at full health, EMP it, and then murder the shit out of it while its helpless.
I don't think it's even necessarily terrible that changelings can solo a cyborg, as long as said cyborg can a least report that it's being killed. Backup will hopefully arrive and save you or repair you afterwards.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #85339

Jacough wrote:
nah, EMPs should disable borgs, that makes sense and it's not like they're super common or something.

i was just agreeing that borgs are too easily completely disabled right now. it's incredibly frustrating because if you get flashed you're out for like ten seconds, and a LOT can change about a situation in that time.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #85404

Not being able to silence borgs is super fucking shitty for any antag that is trying to not be a murderboner.

This fucks over cult so fucking often.
If a guy walks in on you, you can stun or emp him - if a borg does it, you're literally fucked and there's nothing you can do about it.

I don't see why people prefer the path of unbeatable borg - they're already immune to the vast majority of stuns, immune to fire, cold, space, and all this other jazz.
They're cyborgs, not powergaming terminator bots.
Xerux
Byond Username: Xerux

Post by Xerux » #85430

lumipharon wrote:Not being able to silence borgs is super fucking shitty for any antag that is trying to not be a murderboner.

If a guy walks in on you, you can stun or emp him - if a borg does it, you're literally fucked and there's nothing you can do about it.

I don't see why people prefer the path of unbeatable borg - they're already immune to the vast majority of stuns, immune to fire, cold, space, and all this other jazz.
If you stun someone with anything short of a stun talisman, they still get to scream. Make stun talismans work on borgs, problem solved.
Emping a human makes their radio not work, but they still get a chance to run away. (I'm not saying borgs should be allowed to move when emped.)

Pretend that the flash is a multi-use parapen (because that's literally what it is for borgs right now). Robotics starts with somewhere between 6 to 8 of them, the heads start with one in their lockers plus the spares on the bridge. Every revhead gets one and sec gets multiple plus at least one box of an aoe grenade version.

So far every rev round I've played as a borg has literally wound up with me chain-flashed and dead without being able to say anything. What am I supposed to do, pretend I'm busy when people scream for help unless I picked secborg? (Not being secborg doesn't remove the fact that I have to try to stop harm.)

Yes borgs can be hard to kill, yet I saw it happen all the time before you could silence them. Nothing but a secborg gets a ranged attack and the only other borg that gets a stun without being hacked is a defaultborg. None of them can harm you unless you're not a human, it's emagged, rogue or has a non-default lawset but a human can fight back when you're trying to kill it.
Spoiler:
Nolan Field - Various, Solar - Cyborg, Watcher - AI, Honksey - Clown, Sy Lent - Mime, Aveil Nahara - Inactive, Ayden Fryer - Data Lost | Byond, Github
Shad0vvs
Byond Username: Shad0vvs

Post by Shad0vvs » #85460

Xerux wrote:
lumipharon wrote:Not being able to silence borgs is super fucking shitty for any antag that is trying to not be a murderboner.

If you stun someone with anything short of a stun talisman, they still get to scream. Make stun talismans work on borgs, problem solved.
Stun talismans work on borgs you guys....
[03:37:46]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Alright
[03:37:47]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Shoot her in the face
[03:37:54]SAY: Sabella Rose/Burningone : Space law
[03:38:02]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : If she says space law again
[03:38:04]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Space her
[03:38:09]SAY: Phoebe Lotsu/Shaps : The true space law