Ice Box Station Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Ice Box Station Feedback

Post by Helios » #710560

Scrolling through the archives, there has been feedback to specific elements of Ice Box, but not Icebox itself.
What do people like and dislike about this Variant of Box Station?
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Re: Ice Box Station Feedback

Post by blackdav123 » #710562

the unique mining is great and the map has exclusive crusher trophies which change how you approach fights quite a bit

the multi-z element is also more useful on this station compared to tram, notably one rev round where I smashed all the glass on the security bridge and used a gravity gun to pull seccies into the lava below

the outdoor areas provide lots of space to do evil things without needing to spend a ton of time prepping a space suit and jetpack and all that nonsense, just toss on a coat and go do crime
Weston Echard on Sybil
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #710571

Atmos setups are a little bit more limited because you can't really make a space loop. Icebox is warm enough that you're honestly just better off using thermomachines rather than heat exchangers to cool gas. On the flipside, you can also do some funny shenanigans like just leaving the SM outside. Due to the way that planetary atmos works, it'll be perfectly fine.
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #710581

I honestly think Icebox is a great map...if you're a miner, sec, prisoner or nightmare. But the station does feel a little cramped in some departments. Service especially is structured so weirdly with the kitchen not being connected to botany and I actually preferred back when it was merged with the bar, as icebox bar is usually quite isolated and forgotten.

Hands down my favourite part is perma, there's way more shit to actually do in there and I wish it was the standard. No other perma lets me do ghetto xenobio
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #710590

It would be cool is Icebox has some features to encourage people to build off-station mining bases. Colonial expedition shifts are always disastrously fun.
► Show Spoiler
8bot
Byond Username: 8botticus

Post by 8bot » #710603

needs more ghost roles, needs something to substitute for the lack of space to explore, it's just very limited in comparison to what other maps provide in spite of its unique traits.
frankly I think it being the only planet-based map works heavily to its detriment; if we had others, we could take stuff from them to make icebox beyond the station itself actually worth playing on.
the gamer formerly known as "remanseptim"
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #710605

The overall map is just fine.

However, I would like to take this opportunity to complain about the Bar. Literally the worst placed Bar of any station in active rotation. The Bar should NEVER be not located on the main station z level. You can't see if anyone is manning it, you can't see if anyone is hanging out at the Bar, it's terrible.

It should be reworked so that the Bar is where upstairs Hydroponics is, and upstairs Hydroponics is moved to the current Bar entrance.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #710639

the fortress of doom that the brig is in sucks balls. the plasma river is the worst thing ever to exist

+1 to complaints about service. old box had a really nice service that connected botany to the kitchen, and the kitchen to the bar. the bar was in a perfect place for people to stop by. many great memories from the old bar. not a single one in neu-icebox. because the bar is tucked away for no one to see.

i like sci. feels just big enough

cargo is nice
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #710675

yeah the bar is in a horrible spot. IMO the bar works best when it's either right next to or is in the same room as the kitchen. People will stop by for a drink with their food a lot of the time, people rarely go to the bar in and of itself unless they're about to drink themselves to death
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #712328

Theres just TOO many doors between the brig and the main halls, and given its such an exposed spot it becomes deeply frustrating the moment the fire alarms go off. (Every round)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Kitfox
Byond Username: Kitfox88

Post by Kitfox » #718800

Yeah, getting in and out of the brig once there's inevitable firelock spam becomes a nightmare. That and sometimes it's way too fucking hard to tell the floor/stairs/etc are blown out so you fall down, but that's not really icebox specific. I do wish that there were less trees between the bomb testing mass driver and the testing range though.