Blood brother's flash should work like a regular revhead flash

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Blood brother's flash should work like a regular revhead flash

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #713507

according to an admin, they told me that BB flashes are hardcoded to never work on security, which i find being really really dumb, who even thought of it? Along with the reasonable outcome of not working on those with mindshields or sunglasses.

i want the ability to convert antag-protected roles into blood brothers by kidnapping them and removing their mindshields, the effort and risk (kidnapping a high-value role like sec or the captain and removing their mindshield) make up for the reward (gaining a powerful ally)
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: Blood brother's flash should work like a regular revhead flash

Post by Mothblocks » #713532

i took the code from something else that did this but it mightve been cult and not revs. i listed this in my "things i wouldnt mind if someone changed"
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #713535

I don't know if it actually should work on security officers, and I''ll explain why. If a secoff gets their mindshield removed and gets hypnoflashed, then its totally reversible. IIRC, giving them a new mindshield will completely negate the hypnoflashing. But will mindshield someone who has been BB flashed remove their blood brother status? If not, then it makes sense to not let security officers be converted in the first place.
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #714288

It's fine. We already get lings (and rarely traitors with chameleon kits/genetics) killing and replacing sec/the captain and it's not a big deal. If some literal who with no gamer gear or shapeshifter powers manages to kidnap and do maint surgery on the HOS, it won't cause any major issues.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #714631

GPeckman wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:27 am I don't know if it actually should work on security officers, and I''ll explain why. If a secoff gets their mindshield removed and gets hypnoflashed, then its totally reversible. IIRC, giving them a new mindshield will completely negate the hypnoflashing. But will mindshield someone who has been BB flashed remove their blood brother status? If not, then it makes sense to not let security officers be converted in the first place.
Honestly I think getting mindshielded again should remove the blood brother status.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #714640

[/quote]

Honestly I think getting mindshielded again should remove the blood brother status.
[/quote]

i Disagree very strongly.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #714700

CPTANT wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:25 pm
GPeckman wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:27 am I don't know if it actually should work on security officers, and I''ll explain why. If a secoff gets their mindshield removed and gets hypnoflashed, then its totally reversible. IIRC, giving them a new mindshield will completely negate the hypnoflashing. But will mindshield someone who has been BB flashed remove their blood brother status? If not, then it makes sense to not let security officers be converted in the first place.
This for everyone, or just officers?
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #714722

vect0r wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:46 am
Everyone for consistency. You convert someone with a flash, you deconvert them with an implant.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #714771

CPTANT wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:48 am
Everyone for consistency. You convert someone with a flash, you deconvert them with an implant.
So it's just shitty revs?
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #714779

vect0r wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:22 pm
What else do you want it to be? blood brothers were turned into a limited conversion antag. In my opinion all other options lead to inconsistent behaviour.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #714787

Yeah, it is consistency breaking. It shouldn't be a flash.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #714802

CPTANT wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:10 pm
vect0r wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:22 pm
What else do you want it to be? blood brothers were turned into a limited conversion antag. In my opinion all other options lead to inconsistent behaviour.
Honestly, I don’t want it to be a convention antag at all. But if I had to pick I think it should permanently convert anyone who doesn’t have a mindshield.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #714823

Let's remember the alternative to conversion so far has been "so disliked people just wanted it out of rotation"
Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #714853

Armhulen wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:06 am Let's remember the alternative to conversion so far has been "so disliked people just wanted it out of rotation"
I want to know what you think of being able to convert sec/captain by removing their mindshields to turn them into blood brothers. I think it is balanced because of the risk and reward.
Risk: getting caught and dying, difficulty to convert
Reward: an Ally in a powerful position, you can convert the RD/CMO/CE to complete their respective theft objectives, or even a security/captain brother who is almost above the law.

(and re- mindshielding a blood brother sec/captain does not revert their antag status)
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #714875

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:52 am
Armhulen wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:06 am Let's remember the alternative to conversion so far has been "so disliked people just wanted it out of rotation"
I want to know what you think of being able to convert sec/captain by removing their mindshields to turn them into blood brothers. I think it is balanced because of the risk and reward.
this has already been pre-approved in the second post of the thread its just someone has to care enough to code it (perhaps.... the person reading this???)
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #714913

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:52 am
Risk: getting caught and dying, difficulty to convert
Reward: an Ally in a powerful position, you can convert the RD/CMO/CE to complete their respective theft objectives, or even a security/captain brother who is almost above the law.

(and re- mindshielding a blood brother sec/captain does not revert their antag status)
I'm definitely down but someones gotta make it.
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #715015

What if BBs convert with high-fives? And when converted, your character says "You son of a bitch, I'm in!"
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #715049

BrianBackslide wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:47 pm What if BBs convert with high-fives? And when converted, your character says "You son of a bitch, I'm in!"
Holy shit that is an amazing idea.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #715236

then it would only make sense if it was voluntary and be a completely different, worse antagonist
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #715325

BrianBackslide wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:47 pm What if BBs convert with high-fives? And when converted, your character says "You son of a bitch, I'm in!"
Somebody should tell goofball so he can add it to families.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later