About those monkey cubes

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
SquirrelSlapper0487
Byond Username: Squirrel Slapper

About those monkey cubes

Post by SquirrelSlapper0487 » #729086

You've missed the mark on this one. Made it so 50u monkey powder is needed to make a monkey when a single monkey cube only gives 30u monkey powder. Also this change was made in response to my groundbreaking discovery that you could use a dropper to transfer one unit of monkey powder into some water and make a whole monkey, meaning one monkey cube could be used to make thirty monkeys. Please make it that way again, it was so cool and brought so much joy to me and like two or three other people :D
I don't think anyone ever cheesed monkeys with plumbing factories. I was just very occasionally going around with a beaker of water, a beaker of monkey powder and a dropper, shitting monkeys as I wend. It was so whimsical. Maybe make it so it only works with a dropper so you still have to do it all manually, just please bring back my cool discovery.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=4510
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-24 144854.png
SquirrelSlapper0487
Byond Username: Squirrel Slapper

Re: About those monkey cubes

Post by SquirrelSlapper0487 » #729087

Here, a compromise. Make it so you need 5u of monkey powder to make a monkey. Keeps a lid on things without spoiling the fun entirely.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: About those monkey cubes

Post by Jacquerel » #729091

To be clear I think this was simply a bug fix and not a balance change which intentionally set the value to 50
The value was always 50 in the code but was not being applied correctly
I am sure if someone set the value required for the reaction to the value you get for grinding a cube, that'd probably be approved