Singulo 2: Spamlectric boogaloo

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Singulo 2: Spamlectric boogaloo

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #91608

Singularities are now immune to bags of holding.

Not literally, of course, but effectively. I just had some fun on my test server, and was surprised to find I was unable to spawn in bags of holding fast enough to counteract the singularity growing. Totally unable. Each bag causes a 3,7,11 explosion too, so you'd have to hit it from four tiles offscreen, about four times, with no delay.
And that's if it's not eating a department which has lots of loose items to boost it up faster than you can throw bags into it.

Just something that people should know.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Re: Singulo 2: Spamlectric boogaloo

Post by EndgamerAzari » #91609

ALL DEAD
NO HOPE
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #91622

Make a bag of holding turn a singularity, of any size, into a stage one singularity (1x1). If it's already stage one, it destroys the singularity entirely.
As a consequence of this, it also detonates at bombcap.
Celdur
Byond Username: Celdurr

Post by Celdur » #91638

Speaking of singulo. Is anything being done about the field going off for no reason most rounds?
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #91662

Buff the BoH to set the singulo to a stage 1 energy level before exploding, the singulo will shrink on the next tick, after which another BoH may be thrown to finish it off.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #91663

You can reduce the singularity to an immobile 1x1 singularity with about 50 energy left using BoHs. It should fade with time after that as long as it isn't fed.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #91687

Last time I went to holding bomb a singularity I just flung myself into space with two in hand. Hit it by pure chance in space it was still fairly large and mobile and I bought at most 2 minutes for people before it just started snacking again.

Weak sauce man it is faster and nastier after the space mess up unless these bags get buffed hard they are almost totally removed as a counter.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #91688

Throwing clowns into the maw of a singularity gives a random gain or LOSS of energy, so in theory you could kill one with a lot of luck and a lot of clowns.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #91692

Counter to that, never feed the singularity engineers, as engineers give it a BIG boost to energy, and always a boost.
私は完璧
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #91697

Unless that's what you want, of course. If I were Lord Singuloth, I'd want to kill and absorb the entire department.
:g absorbing station

If a singularity eats someone who's wearing a bag of holding on their back, does it count?
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Post by Arete » #91700

Remie Richards wrote:Counter to that, never feed the singularity engineers, as engineers give it a BIG boost to energy, and always a boost.
New meta: transfer all roundstart engineers to botany or something to keep them far away from the singulo. Staff engineering entirely with clowns.

There is no way that this could go wrong.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91703

Just toss all engineers in the brig. They probably deserved it (OH GOD THEY HAVE TOOLBELTS AND GLOVES! STEAL THEM!)
Or, on Meta, sic them on the construction area to have some S&M fun.

Also, thank you for giving the HoP an excuse to open up a load of clown slots.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #91709

I've always wondered how that works, actually. Engineers make the singularity grow bigger... but what makes an Engineer? A roundstart Engineer; someone with an entry on the manifest that reads 'Station Engineer'; a latejoin Engineer? The same thing that heals Security when they eat sprinkles, I'd expect...
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91716

Code: Select all

if((mind.assigned_role == "Station Engineer") || (mind.assigned_role == "Chief Engineer") )
			gain = 100
		if(mind.assigned_role == "Clown")
			gain = rand(-300, 300)
That help you?

Should also be noted that the clown can massively feed a singulo.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #91724

For ultimate optimization, fire entire engineering staff and replace with clowns
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #91726

Yes, it only counts true engineers with engineering degrees (roundstart/latejoin spawn) Honk.
私は完璧
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #91737

I'm just going to make a single back kill the singulo automatically, but up the explosion size so killing the singulo will still cause serious collateral. Maybe this will address some of the concerns that singulo is an automatic round end with no counter.

Unless anyone has any objections that is.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #91739

We should just replace the roundstart engine with a supermatter engine.

It can still hilariously fuck people over, but it won't literally destroy the station and end the round.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #91748

Kor wrote:I'm just going to make a single back kill the singulo automatically, but up the explosion size so killing the singulo will still cause serious collateral. Maybe this will address some of the concerns that singulo is an automatic round end with no counter.

Unless anyone has any objections that is.
I am object.

One Bag of holding should be required to bring it down one level and destroy a 1x1.

Keeps the tension and difficulty that way. Singuloth should be terrifying and defeating it should be a rare incredibly heroic moment.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #91783

the problem is that currently it's simply not possible to stop - it moves too fast, and sucks in too much shit.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #91785

Stickymayhem wrote: I am object.

One Bag of holding should be required to bring it down one level and destroy a 1x1.

Keeps the tension and difficulty that way. Singuloth should be terrifying and defeating it should be a rare incredibly heroic moment.
That basically is what it does right now anyway.
On the station it sucks shit too fast and in empty space even running into the thing is blind luck and probably lethal without a jetpack.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #91791

It's generally along the lines of stage 5 -> stage 3 -> stage 1 -> dead
Except that it keeps sanicing around eating everything in sight during this process, so you have to throw many, many bags of holding, one after the other (Or the giant explosion will throw the others away), without missing, from well off-screen.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #91798

Stage 5 + Bag of Holding = Stage 1 + explosion, which will probably knock the wearer down and drag them into the singularity, causing stage two. Honk.
Stage 1 + Bag of Holding = It's gone + EXPLOSION.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91805

Make a BoH disappear any singularity with that certain weak farting noise that you'd expect from space-time coming down from its high.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #91809

Let bags of holding be combined with batteries into singularity containers that can't be thrown due to I dunno magic physics. Trap the singularity inside same strength as long as the battery lasts (moderate drain plz) allow the singularity to be transfered between singularity holders in a cosmic game of hot potato to try and get it off the Z level or if you are a dirty tator anti hero you can just hide it somewhere to get loose once the battery runs out. How do they work? I dunno spess megick.

Can be mech mounted to RP being the Iron Giant and probably get in and out to the deed slightly safely as your mech eats the singulo, cannot be dismounted.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91816

Cannot be dismounted as long as a singulo is inside, you mean.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #91890

A vote that the Bag of Holding should just instantly destroy a singularity, even with a massive explosion. Simple because the Singularity itself is often a round ender. The singularity can start eating the station VERY early into the round, earliest I have seen was it being released and eating the station in 3 minutes. Science can make singularities anywhere on the station. The singularity engine is VERY easy to sabotage. Its easy for it to accidentally escape, either by neglect or something going wrong.

So, yah. BoH should take it out in one hit, since this effectively ruins rounds quickly, and can fuck over antags easily. I actually wouldn't mind just moving over to Supermatter.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91893

How about, the BoH takes any singularity out in one hit, but the bang scales with singulo level. A S5 drops a bombcap explosion and supermatter-style radiation wave (minus tripping balls, though.)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #91928

Incomptinence wrote:Let bags of holding be combined with batteries into singularity containers that can't be thrown due to I dunno magic physics. Trap the singularity inside same strength as long as the battery lasts (moderate drain plz) allow the singularity to be transfered between singularity holders in a cosmic game of hot potato to try and get it off the Z level or if you are a dirty tator anti hero you can just hide it somewhere to get loose once the battery runs out. How do they work? I dunno spess megick.

Can be mech mounted to RP being the Iron Giant and probably get in and out to the deed slightly safely as your mech eats the singulo, cannot be dismounted.
ghostbusters but singularity?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #91952

This lag is truly awful.

Had a 70 player round today, singulo got loose while an ert an nuke team were on station, fps went to 1 frame every 10 seconds.

It was so shit we managed to restart via vote.

Please just replace it with a supermatter engine, they can still fuck shit up, but don't LAG shit up while they're doing it.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #91953

The odd thing was, we had a brief period of time when the singulo getting loose would create almost no extra lag at all but it then changed again to cause massive lag.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #91956

it was the addition of the singulo sucking things in via them literally throw()ing themselves at it, throw() is fairly cheap but for every atom in view doing it at once? it's expensive.
私は完璧
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #91960

...then change it back?
i mean, i'm all for the throwing feature but if it causes issues that severe then it shouldn't be in the game to begin with
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: