Goliaths and their Tentacles

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Goliaths and their Tentacles

Post by Remie Richards » #101023

there's no puzzle... it's just an AOE attack...
私は完璧
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #101025

Actually, there is, strictly speaking.

It's an AoE attack that is centered on the player, but leaves one cardinal direction out. You dodge it by moving there.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #101027

HOLY FUCK.
If you were a miner and you couldn't figure out the attack pattern and how to DODGE the tentacles then you usually died and that was the punishment. Killing them with the KA or the resonator is easily some the easiest shit one can accomplish when you knew how to not get stunned.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #101167

I beat them without figuring out the pattern perfectly because I was a mining drone fighter and I just tag teamed it with my little robot buddy.

Thing is the original pattern was pretty fucking meaningless back when kinetic range was minuscule and you only real way to fight abusing it was was to plop resonator fields everywhere.
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #101334

I don't think the health of the goliath has been touched. They still go down in, dunno, about 10 shots with the KA?
They have become a real joke and basically free upgrades. I avoid hivelords more than goliaths.
Things actually became interesting when you had to fight two goliaths at once - now it's just a matter of having to kite a little further. Very boring.
If you fight a goliath in melee, you are doing it wrong. Get a ranged weapon, mine for 5-10 minutes and then get your drone or scanner.