Gang-Nations Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Gang-Nations Feedback

Post by Ikarrus » #102120

I'm sure people have a lot of ideas on how we can do this better next time (or that the round was shit please don't run this again). Please do it here instead of posting in the gang thread, thanks.

The paste I used last time was: http://pastebin.com/yVmCpK2X
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: Gang-Nations Feedback

Post by kevinz000 » #102121

Make pens make a message if a braindead is in another gang
That's the only reason we lost. A certain person who's braindead didn't get his loyalties verified untill he plasmaed us
I know this belongs in suggestions, but eh.

Overall this was fun. engineering/10, DO AGAIN DO AGAIN DO AGAIN NEED MUH NATIONS DO AGAIN DO AGAIN
Higgins McGee
Byond Username: Higgins McGee

Post by Higgins McGee » #102122

Don't let Dante play, kek.

Nah, it was fun for me. I was security and got bitchedslapped out early, but I enjoyed it through that and watching everything that followed.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #102127

Willingness to shove dead players back into the round made it massively more fun. I was spaced fairly early on, but that didn't matter.

It's hard to combat the dominator being placed in space, e.g. at the toxins test site. While that was eventually destroyed (we all got shat on by shat bottoms) the fact that the psyke gang had most of the hardsuits meant the average crewman never really stood a chance of even getting close. I'm not sure that's so fun: it would have been good to have a stronger deathmatch.

The AI and cyborgs were, as ever, strong. Disabling a roundstart AI didn't change the fact that science could build one immediately to flood plasma and wreck up the place. In fact, since you can subvert an ai core before you put the mmi in, it was easier to change the ai's laws than if it was installed already in its satellite core. That wasn't terribly fun as the sleeping carp gang without gloves.

Also, it would have been awesome if there had been a relation between the gang name and the gang department, unique to this nations type. Having the Baton Boys for security and the Singulo Stranglers for engineering (or whatever) would add more flavour to what was, ultimately, a very fun round. As it was, I was looking at tags and thinking: Osirion, now which department are those guys? Psyke, they're blue...are they the medical gang? Nothing quite correlated.

Anyway, overall 10/10, I had a blast. Midi choice was good too.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #102128

Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
hanshansenhansson
Byond Username: HansDampf

Post by hanshansenhansson » #102129

Had fun in the beginning, was let down by most of my gang in the end.

Started with setting up autolathe and protolathe in engineering, leeching that sweet science with parts scavenged from hydro-pods. No one gave a shit and kept wasting influence on ammo, though. The gang made holes into engineering floor at that point, harming our own gang as not everyone had a suit.

We all got infected by that nasty virus, I go completely blind. I then blindly run out, nearly getting shot dead in the hallways and c4 into chemistry to get ethanol to cure myself and produce a cure with the viro console I build in engineering for it. All blind. Cure did not cure the blindness, so I asked for help with getting a sheet so we could operate in engineering. No one gave a shit for ages, gang was busy setting engineering on fire, killing the other blind guy waiting for the sheet. Finally, a heroic assistant went out and brought a sheet back and fixed my eyes. Only homie worth his salt.

Meanwhile, CE kept spamming dominators who knows where, not giving a shit about half his gang being blind, burned or otherwise in need of assistance. In the end, participated in the space battle for our last dominator, got instantly tased and killed by a super-speed jetpack guy before I even saw him. Ayy lmao.

But it was quite fun, otherwise.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #102139

Science gang was essentially wiped out due to a plasma flood because
A: not all the vents got welded
and B: Braindead dante smith turned out to be an enemy ganger, so when he came back proceeded to set the place on fire.

All in all though, pretty fun, but I still think science is way too strong - we only used like 2 bombs, but they still fucked shit up real good.
Also as mentioned, the scarcity of spacesuits makes space dominators pretty cheese, with it's a gang free for all.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #102673

You didn't even capture my glorious conquest and destruction of the test-site dominator. Shame.
Cheimon wrote:we all got shat on by shat bottoms
hanshansenhansson wrote: In the end, participated in the space battle for our last dominator, got instantly tased and killed by a super-speed jetpack guy before I even saw him. Ayy lmao.
Ayyyyy

As for round feedback, it was fun, the respawn waves prevented things from burning out too fast but relying on admins to respawn players to balance a gametype is always going to be iffy.

Also remove TTV's. I mean I was the bomber that round too and the new maxcap lets you easily blow out an entire gang with very little effort.
Antimattercarp
Byond Username: Antimattercarp

Post by Antimattercarp » #102700

To include the AI, you could destroy the AI upload and the AI upload boards next time