Loyalty implant icon on sec huds

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Malkevin

Loyalty implant icon on sec huds

Post by Malkevin » #102958

Its been moved down from the top right corner to be on the same level as the wanted status.

This is massively aesthetically unpleasing and looks terrible, there's nothing else to say about them

If it was done so that antag icons aren't covered by the icon then I suggest moving the antag icons to one of the bottom corners.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Loyalty implant icon on sec huds

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #102962

Malkevin wrote:Its been moved down from the top right corner to be on the same level as the wanted status.

This is massively aesthetically unpleasing and looks terrible, there's nothing else to say about them

If it was done so that antag icons aren't covered by the icon then I suggest moving the antag icons to one of the bottom corners.
Agreed, sec implants not being on the top right is FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGLY
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #102963

My concern is that icons on the lower corners won't be as noticeable. But otherwise I agree it's ugly.

One idea I had was to make the antag icon and implant icons blink alternately so they can share the same spot, but that might be distracting to some. I dunno.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #103089

Blinking icon's would be distracting.

The old placement was fine, I wonder who and why this was changed.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #103091

It was changed because anag icons were in the same spot. It's pretty ugly now though.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #103098

For reference, what the HUD icons look like now with all of them on.

Disgusting, I know.

I was going to use the Cult icon (because you can have that an loyalty at the same time) but I had difficulty getting that to show so I just used the Syndicate icon in its place
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Nexendia
Byond Username: Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #106889

Could it be made into a preference so you can either have it blinking and be REALLY fucking annoying + looking like shit or how it used to be which looked amazing.

Fuck antag Icons.. When are you ever going to be implanted and an Antag at the same time???
Why would you even let yourself be implanted while antag!?
っぽい
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #106893

Nexendia wrote:Fuck antag Icons.. When are you ever going to be implanted and an Antag at the same time???
If you're in a cult, and you're implanted with a loyalty implant, you retain your cult status but appear implanted to everyone else. It's the ultimate disguise.
Nexendia
Byond Username: Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #106896

TheNightingale wrote:
Nexendia wrote:Fuck antag Icons.. When are you ever going to be implanted and an Antag at the same time???
If you're in a cult, and you're implanted with a loyalty implant, you retain your cult status but appear implanted to everyone else. It's the ultimate disguise.
Then make the implant icon not look horrible and distracting.

With it flashing and making a box around the job icon it just looks unprofessional and downright lazy.

edit:

Also again.. Make it a preference! Some people like me don't care if the cult icon and implant icon are in the same place.
っぽい
Spoiler:
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #106914

Until you almost get banned because the loyalty implant covered the antag icon and you killed your team mate.

Which is what prompted the change.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #106919

Why dont you just make the antag icon appear over the implant icon?

If someone is in the same antag faction as you, you don't even care if they're implanted anyway.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #106939

HUD code is garbage
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?