Morph

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Morph

Post by Cobby » #112406

I just played a round with a Morph Event and Noticed there wasn't an actual place to talk about it [at least I didn't see one, may have overlooked]

I think Morph should be focused more about surprising someone trying to use <whatever you morphed into> and being covert. As of now, Morph can 1v1 most civilians without being subtle whatsoever and I don't really think that's what I had in mind when I heard morphs were being implemented. I shouldn't fear the Morph, I should fear picking up the object that MAY be a morph.

To handle this, I think the damage uncloaked should be lowered. You should be focusing on GTFOing or slowing that guy who is running for you so you CAN gtfo, not getting a free meal. However, If someone touches you while cloaked, you automatically give them significant amounts of damage along with latching onto them, stunning them and continually doing more damage until you can eat them [AKA forcing someone else to save them].

AKA The Morph shouldn't be 1v1ing toe to toe, it should have to rely on the stealth mechanic to get kills.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Morph

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #112414

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:I just played a round with a Morph Event and Noticed there wasn't an actual place to talk about it [at least I didn't see one, may have overlooked]

I think Morph should be focused more about surprising someone trying to use <whatever you morphed into> and being covert. As of now, Morph can 1v1 most civilians without being subtle whatsoever and I don't really think that's what I had in mind when I heard morphs were being implemented. I shouldn't fear the Morph, I should fear picking up the object that MAY be a morph.

To handle this, I think the damage uncloaked should be lowered. You should be focusing on GTFOing or slowing that guy who is running for you so you CAN gtfo, not getting a free meal. However, If someone touches you while cloaked, you automatically give them significant amounts of damage along with latching onto them, stunning them and continually doing more damage until you can eat them [AKA forcing someone else to save them].

AKA The Morph shouldn't be 1v1ing toe to toe, it should have to rely on the stealth mechanic to get kills.
For reference: a robust morph on sybil just scry-and-died ten people before the captain lasered it down.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #112418

Ah so mainly braindeads will die! Mostly like pathetic oldling then how riveting.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #112422

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:I just played a round with a Morph Event and Noticed there wasn't an actual place to talk about it [at least I didn't see one, may have overlooked]

For reference: a robust morph on sybil just scry-and-died ten people before the captain lasered it down.
Also for reference: This round is basically my first time experiencing the morph. I've been in other rounds before where I didn't see it despite it's presence [Which I'd think that would make for a 'good morph'].
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #112518

Incomptinence wrote:Ah so mainly braindeads will die! Mostly like pathetic oldling then how riveting.
The mechanic here involves being touched while cloaked. How does this affect braindeads at all?
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #112575

Stealth plus being a terrible combatant was thoroughly explored in changelings.

It was extremely common for oldlings who were just starting out and wanted evolution points to trawl the station looking for braindeads to kill.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #112583

I think we could use an antag not focused on killing.

My personal objective as a morph is to eat everything not nailed down on the station. Maybe accumulating mass, varied materials or specific kinds of object.

There's nothing more fun than eating an entire department and having them screaming chasing you around to whack you like a pinata.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #112585

Stickymayhem wrote:I think we could use an antag not focused on killing.
abductors can do this if they're good
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #112609

Incomptinence wrote:Stealth plus being a terrible combatant was thoroughly explored in changelings.

It was extremely common for oldlings who were just starting out and wanted evolution points to trawl the station looking for braindeads to kill.
Yes, but the mechanic being discussed here is that the morph only hurts you if you interact with the object it's cloaked as. It's literally impossible for this to affect braindeads. Morph in its current form is more like what you are discussing.

Also if you go braindead you are willingly submitting to be fucked with by antags but that's beside the point
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #127127

this thread is super dead but i'm gonna necropost anyways by saying that morphs should be able to regurgitate at will
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #127219

I think it'd be pretty cool if Morphs could convert all the shit they eat into projectile acid puke or something. Give them a reason to do it other than messing with people.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #127232

I think it's ok for Morph to be "oldling wait and kill" because unlike lings, they are not a central antagonist and meant to end the round by themselves. They're a sideshow.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #127241

Yeah Morphs don't end rounds or kill tons of people unless they can find people who are alone. They're fine how they are right now tbh, and if you think you'll have problems with them just carry around a spear or a pneumatic cannon or something.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS