ROBOT TERMITES (Swarmers)

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Re: ROBOT TERMITES (Swarmers)

Post by Danowar » #117182

Bottom post of the previous page:

That one round yesterday where the swarmers were fighting the test site blob was amazing. That needs to be a legit round mode.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #117210

Takeguru wrote:>Hit borg enough, turns into endoskeleton and MMI pops out
Do it.

Swarmers can still teleport borgs if they ctrl click, and also blob spores and other simple mobs. Really the thing with dealing with these is to just facetank them until they get warped away while your brothers box them in with traps/barricades.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #117284

Zilenan91 wrote:
Do it.

Swarmers can still teleport borgs if they ctrl click, and also blob spores and other simple mobs. Really the thing with dealing with these is to just facetank them until they get warped away while your brothers box them in with traps/barricades.

4hits from a Borg kills you, 25 damage each. We need ways to stun the bastard like we can humans
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #117307

Once again, swarmers should be non confrontational.
Run away.
I play Boris Pepper.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #117369

sirnat wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Do it.

4hits from a Borg kills you, 25 damage each. We need ways to stun the bastard like we can humans
You only have 40 health as a swarmer, not 100, and borgs don't do nearly that much. Also don't harmbatons only do 9 brute?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

sirnat

Post by sirnat » #117375

Zilenan91 wrote:
sirnat wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Do it.

You only have 40 health as a swarmer, not 100, and borgs don't do nearly that much. Also don't harmbatons only do 9 brute?

We had 100 last we played, Borg was hitting us 4 times and killed us.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #117509

Harm batons don't do 25 damage, nor do lit welders.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #117521

Yeah harm batons do 9 brute (not sure if RnG) and lit welders do 15 burn. Swarmers have never had that much health either, they only have 40.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

sirnat

Post by sirnat » #117522

Maybe I misread the hp then, but I know a sec Borg was hitting us 4-5 times.

Big thing is, they need to have shit to deal with borgs, they've no defence against them. Traps don't even work
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #117624

sirnat wrote:Maybe I misread the hp then, but I know a sec Borg was hitting us 4-5 times.

Big thing is, they need to have shit to deal with borgs, they've no defence against them. Traps don't even work
It's 100 percent not 100 hp
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #117625

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
sirnat wrote:Maybe I misread the hp then, but I know a sec Borg was hitting us 4-5 times.

Also, borgs are the anti-swarmer option because the actual crew are helpless against more than 4 swarmers at a time. Swarmers are robot termites, not robot xenomorphs
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #117801

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:

Also, borgs are the anti-swarmer option because the actual crew are helpless against more than 4 swarmers at a time. Swarmers are robot termites, not robot xenomorphs

Except being totally unable to counter something is not fun. This was the same situation with bombing the blob before that got changed because it's shit, nobody wants to feel totally irrelevant versus something.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #123199

Definitely need to be toned down. A single swarmer shell often results in more of a threat than the round's actual antagonists, and unless you have really good melee skills or a ranged weapon, a single swarmer can easily disablespam you and then teleport you halfway across the station into a window.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #123203

I think giving them less health but reducing the number of sheets needed to reproduce might be interesting. Maybe make them take bonus melee damage.

Their speed+health makes them able to ignore anyone without a gun.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #123204

Nah, I think they're good as they are. The strength of swarmers ultimately depends on their numbers, so rounds with a lot of death will make them VERY strong. It's why admins tend only spawn them in quiet rounds like extended lings or when all the antags die.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DeutscherMajor
Byond Username: DeutscherMajor

Post by DeutscherMajor » #125141

Imho, there should be an easier way to deal with stacks of metal, Because raping the left mouse button until byond registered the 50 clicks isnt very fun.
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #125156

im pretty sure its nothing to do with byond theres a hard cap on how fast you can consume for balence reasons. Although now that you mention it you should be able to queue up clicks to stop lag fucking people over