slowspace

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

slowspace

Post by Saintish » #118566

i come back from a permaban and this shit still isn't gone
why
why
why
do i really have to explain yet again why it's terrible
normally i support the policy of "improve don't remove" but making jetpacks faster doesn't make slowspace a good feature, it just makes it a tolerable feature
goofchem is actually pretty cool, i'm glad that's still here
but jesus h christ slowspace was almost universally agreed to be a terrible feature. a large portion of people thought it was a BUG when it was first introduced
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Re: slowspace

Post by Scott » #118597

wrong board friend
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Post by Saintish » #118661

oh right feedback

Thanks
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #118679

Because no one understands that 'removing slowspace' means 'no slowdown in zero grav environments regardless of equipment'.

Basically, we wound up with a partial revert where if you're wearing anything that weighs you down or naturally slows you, you go as slow as mollases in zero grav or space, which kind of defeats the whole point of sabotaging the gravgen as a non-AI (which, I might add, only happens once in a blue moon these days).

So yeah, throw up a poll. I dunno why anyone HASN'T done a full revert, given that slowspace just makes anyone with one of the two jetpacks on the station unstoppable, instead of just 'slightly more difficult to kill compared to other people going the same speed'.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #118823

Amelius wrote:Because no one understands that 'removing slowspace' means 'no slowdown in zero grav environments regardless of equipment'.

Basically, we wound up with a partial revert where if you're wearing anything that weighs you down or naturally slows you, you go as slow as mollases in zero grav or space, which kind of defeats the whole point of sabotaging the gravgen as a non-AI (which, I might add, only happens once in a blue moon these days).

So yeah, throw up a poll. I dunno why anyone HASN'T done a full revert, given that slowspace just makes anyone with one of the two jetpacks on the station unstoppable, instead of just 'slightly more difficult to kill compared to other people going the same speed'.
It was so awesome moving at the speed of sound with a jetpack in the main halls as an op gunning torwards the captain
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017