Changeling nerfs and tweaks

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Changeling nerfs and tweaks

Post by Xhuis » #119866

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/11889
  • Fleshmend's effectiveness is now halved when used very quickly. Its effectiveness will slowly return to normal over a short time span, although this will take longer depending on its recent use.
  • Last Resort now blinds and confuses nearby humans when used and briefly stuns nearby silicons.
  • Headslugs now have 50 health, up from 20.
  • Changelings have a new ability, Biodegrade. It costs 2 DNA and 30 chemicals. When used, it will, after a short time, dissolve handcuffs or straight jackets restraining the changeling, as well as open any lockers they're inside.
Last edited by Xhuis on Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: Changeling nerfs and tweaks

Post by Gun Hog » #119871

Bah. I liked the idea that Changelings could go loud and be a true terror to the station at large. It would suck for lowpop, but high pop muderbone was made possible with this. Oh well.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #119872

Gun Hog wrote:Bah. I liked the idea that Changelings could go loud and be a true terror to the station at large. It would suck for lowpop, but high pop muderbone was made possible with this. Oh well.
I felt like there was a fine line between murderbone and not being stoppable by anything short of an ERT or fully-armed traitor. It's still possible to murderbone, you just can't take on the entire security force like you used to.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #119889

Xhuis wrote:Fleshmend now displays a message when used.
pretty much the only part i disagree with
sneakily getting back up when security thinks they've critted a traitor and then dashing away/stabbing them in the back is super awesome
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #119894

i really dont know why i didnt think of suggesting the diminishing returns nerf before, that sounds like it would alleviate a lot of the salt surrounding lings lately while not completely removing the feature. i also agree that maybe the message display could be a major problem for stealthlings.

other than that, i one hundred percent support implementation of these updates
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #119895

Message for fleshmend kills it for anyone not being completely overt.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #119898

I'll remove the message for Fleshmend.
Edit: Updated OP with changes.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #119942

-1. Lings have no ranged abilities, narrow utility, and fleshmeld costs 2 of your very very precious resources. On top of it all, using most ling abilities instantly marks you for death to ANYONE, even other changelings. That goes for even stings, being fairly weak for the cost, sans mute, and is fairly obvious who did it unless you're in a very crowded area.

All lings really have in combat is tankiness and anti-stun that is hardcounterable by whacking them with your baton on -> off -> on -> off etc. Remove one and you have a gimmicky traitor with no tools.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #119946

I'm a big fan of the fleshmend nerf.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #119949

Biodegrade costs too much for what it does at 2 dna points. It'll never be used.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #119979

Amelius wrote:-1. Lings have no ranged abilities, narrow utility, and fleshmeld costs 2 of your very very precious resources. On top of it all, using most ling abilities instantly marks you for death to ANYONE, even other changelings. That goes for even stings, being fairly weak for the cost, sans mute, and is fairly obvious who did it unless you're in a very crowded area.

All lings really have in combat is tankiness and anti-stun that is hardcounterable by whacking them with your baton on -> off -> on -> off etc. Remove one and you have a gimmicky traitor with no tools.
Dissonant and res shriek are both powerful ranged abilities that can be spammed for days with new chem regen.
Not as good now that sec have murder rifles but eh.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #119982

Biodegrade should cost 1 point
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #119983

Gun Hog wrote:Bah. I liked the idea that Changelings could go loud and be a true terror to the station at large. It would suck for lowpop, but high pop muderbone was made possible with this. Oh well.
Changeling should terrorize the station by the mere knowledge of its presence, not bodies left in its wake. I would remove all its combat tools, arm blade, armor and other shit, and add more stealth and subterfuge powers. Maybe a ventcrawl form, ability to mimic objects - chameleon projector style, or actively infect dead bodies to create "automatons". The shambling horror form that Goon has would be good "murderboner mode", because it's super powerful and super obvious too. How it should be.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #119987

The problem being that players in SS13 are never scared unless they see the enemy and know it's there. Otherwise they just sit on their ass waiting for a fight and shouting "CAPTAIN I'M BORED CAN WE GO HOME NOW" while the lings are off being scary.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #119991

I'm scared whenever clown walks on the tile next to me.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #119993

Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #120007

Scones wrote:Biodegrade should cost 1 point
but then why would i ever take lesser form aside from gimmicks
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #120009

Because it's instant and lets you vent crawl, which considering you can use it to rape half the station with diss shriek, is pretty good.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #120010

lumipharon wrote:Because it's instant and lets you vent crawl, which considering you can use it to rape half the station with diss shriek, is pretty good.
i said aside from gimmicks :honk:
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #120014

Killing the blueballer 9000 5 minutes into the round is a huge ass buff to all lings - I would hardly call it a gimmick.