Changeling rounds are boring as hell

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Changeling rounds are boring as hell

Post by PKPenguin321 » #123817

Bottom post of the previous page:

no not at all
chokeholds shut lings down hard, they always have
iirc the only ways for the ling to break out without intervention are confusion screech and lesser form
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #123821

Or just adrenal and never get choked to start with.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #123849

lumipharon wrote:Or just adrenal and never get choked to start with.
that's why you have one guy chainstunning
we've been over this like three times now oh my god
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #123881

You keep assuming that
A: The ling doesn't also have stun weapons, you know, the stun prods that anyone can make and are supposedly why lings are easy to beat
B: They ling doesn't emp the energy weapons (even batons will get cucked after a few)
C: They don't just adrenal, move off and shoot you in the face/stun you/armblade KO you/shriek you
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #123889

In that situation as ling

Step 1: EMP shriek to wreck any tasers anyone around you has
Step 2: Dissonant shriek to make everyone drunkwalk so their attempts to baton you fail horribly
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #123912

EMP just removes 20% charge on energy weapons at present so it isn't the end immediately.

I suppose if you get into melee while they are being chain stunned and they haven't confused you choking can work seems like a good chance but seems like a high chance for the choker to get hit though.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #123946

Incomptinence wrote:EMP just removes 20% charge on energy weapons at present so it isn't the end immediately.

I suppose if you get into melee while they are being chain stunned and they haven't confused you choking can work seems like a good chance but seems like a high chance for the choker to get hit though.
When was this changed? I thought the 20% reduction only applies to battons, tasers/lasers get drained way more.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #123957

Also solo lings aren't the problem, it's when the hivemind killteam of 3+ armed lings mows down wave after wave of heavily armed assailants, all using stun weapons en-masse
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #123995

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Also solo lings aren't the problem, it's when the hivemind killteam of 3+ armed lings mows down wave after wave of heavily armed assailants, all using stun weapons en-masse
And yet fighting these ling deathsquads is the only thing I actually enjoy about the entire current ling gamemode. It requires thinking out of the box, and it is thrilling to know that you are outclassed by the enemy.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #124022

CPTANT wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Also solo lings aren't the problem, it's when the hivemind killteam of 3+ armed lings mows down wave after wave of heavily armed assailants, all using stun weapons en-masse
And yet fighting these ling deathsquads is the only thing I actually enjoy about the entire current ling gamemode. It requires thinking out of the box, and it is thrilling to know that you are outclassed by the enemy.
I've never seen anyone win against them. They're less thrilling than the actual deathsquad, especially because the actual deathsquad don't cut the bridge cams, hack the AI out of the APCs, then recall over and over.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #124039

Lings get destroyed by heavily armed assailants, the round you're deceptively referring to was basically ERT v. every hallway chokepoint being lubed.

It was a much more persuasive case to nerf lube than nerf anything about lings.
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #124049

I tested the EMP thing. At a two tile range it completely drains the charge of tasers and eguns. A few tiles after that it removes half of their total charge. Stun batons barely get affected, even at point blank they lose only 10% charge IIRC.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #124314

Oldman Robustin wrote:Lings get destroyed by heavily armed assailants, the round you're deceptively referring to was basically ERT v. every hallway chokepoint being lubed.

It was a much more persuasive case to nerf lube than nerf anything about lings.
Despite your sneaky lies, the round I was referring to never had an ERT at all, and certainly no lubed hallways.

Nice try though
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #127656

Changeling rounds are still boring, prolonged, uninspired, painful, tedious bullshit. Please remove them - they can only be interesting when combined with traitors in traitorling rounds.
Bring back papercult.

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #127742

They're actually hilarious (and murderboney) if the lings have actual balls and just go loud straight up.

Kor was just giggling in achat while I was murderboning everything that moved in the brig while they unloaded all the guns in the armoury into my face to no effect.
I only get rekt in the end becase beepsky, hero of the station managed to cuff me and all the other lings were so mentally challenged they couldn't fight one miner who didn't even have a rig on.

Ling is terrible is you try to be sneaky shit (unless you're a filthy emp monkey/spider shitting turd burgler), and hilariously robust when loud.