Shadowlings (Gamemode suggestion/replacement)

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Shadowlings (Gamemode suggestion/replacement)

Post by Steelpoint » #87345

Bottom post of the previous page:

Why don't we look for more mythical or latin to give the Shadowling?

Something like 'Shirobozu' or 'Acerbus'.

I don't know, spitball something up.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #87368

Howabout Liliths/Lilits? There are plenty of mythological night demons, and being frozen/unable to speak while the shadowling violates your mind is a lot like sleep paralysis already.

Hell just call the mode/antagonist Nightmare or Night Terror and the thralls can be Sleepwalkers. The Nightmare becomes more real and more powerful the more people are dreaming of it (starting in the head of the one guy who hatches).

Maybe use the various mythological names for night terrors as the random names instead of the number at the end
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #87419

Sounds intriguing. I'll look into it.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #88548

I think surgery being able to replace a corrupted organ of the thralls would be an excellent way to revert them.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #88580

Oldman Robustin wrote:I think surgery being able to replace a corrupted organ of the thralls would be an excellent way to revert them.
Seems interesting, but I generally imagined their minds were altered, not an organ changed. Feature freeze is also in effect, so it'll have to wait.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #88623

Xhuis wrote:
Oldman Robustin wrote:I think surgery being able to replace a corrupted organ of the thralls would be an excellent way to revert them.
Seems interesting, but I generally imagined their minds were altered, not an organ changed. Feature freeze is also in effect, so it'll have to wait.
Make it the brain, expose their brains to light and then put them back together.

Boom corruption removed.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #88634

Oldman Robustin wrote:-snip snap zippity zap-
It doesn't alter the organ itself, just rearranges the memories.
I'll still look into it though.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #88649

Oldman Robustin wrote:Make it the brain, expose their brains to light and then put them back together.

Boom corruption removed.
"Officer, why are you arresting me?"
"Routine check, we're doing it with everybody. Just making sure you're not a threat."
"Well, that's good, since I'm not one. What's the check like?"
"Oh, don't worry, we'll just tear out your brain for a second, drop it back in, then defib you."
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #88681

Cue AI flipping it's shit all over the place.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #94362

Why, the fuck, is this not on rotation yet? It's amazing fun for all involved, predicated on at least 2 robust antags.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #95245

God damn it Xhuis give some kind of ingame warning that shadowlings shouldn't go through their void holes.

I went to drag someone into it thinking it would be fine... NOPE
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #95246

I recall the wiki hinting that the void holes are one of the only ways to kill a Ascended Shadowling.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #130388

Necro to the max but I still think we should make Shadowling more like the version stated in the OP and less of what we have now.

This is relevant.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #130437

You should have posted in the feedback thread.
I'll be updating shadowling soon anyway.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #130438

I just feel that the original posts in this thread well encapsulate what I would like to get out of Shadowling.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #130533

Shadowlings, I feel, are very evolved from their original conception. Reverting them to how they were in events would spoil the mode, especially with the way changelings are right now.