To Stun Or Not To Stun: The Final Solution Edition

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Your Opinion On The Matter?

I Prefer Stun Centric Combat
45%
I Dislike Stun Centric Combat
45%
Other
6%
Abstain
4%

Total votes: 51

Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

To Stun Or Not To Stun: The Final Solution Edition

Post by Steelpoint » #131592

For a long time now we've had two different forces in balancing when it comes to our award winning combat system, at least when stuns are concerned.

The first side is that stuns should be extremely rare, if not removed entirely, and that weapons should simply be highly lethal, irrespective of armour worn or whatever other defence sans for high levels antags or the Death Squad.

The other side contests that stuns should remains in the game as is, or at least revert when stun weapons were more prevalent. With varying degree's of idea's of how lethal non-stun weapons should be, usually with them being on the higher end.

The problem we have now is that we have no set in stone policy/direction to go. We have some people pushing changes that go one way, and some going the other, with no one being fully satisfied.

Satisfaction will never be universal, but I think we need to have a discussion on how we want our combat system to go. Since its a discussion we keep occasionally going to on forum threads.

The poll is just to gauge the general feel of the situation, not as a definitive decision on what to do.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: To Stun Or Not To Stun: The Final Solution Edition

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #131594

Stamina damage system except actually implemented.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #131598

Ranged stuns should be removed in all forms except stamina damage, which take 3+ shots to bring someone down. Lethal weapons should not be more lethal, what the fuck?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #131599

Remove damage.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #131600

Saegrimr wrote:Remove damage.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #131622

SS13 is not a first person shooter, people who say that stuns have a low skillcap and prevent more robust combat are kidding themselves when they think that having to click on a man multiple times to stop them instead of once will suddenly turn SS13 into the most exciting and skill based game since counter strike.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #131623

If I can't have suicidal death combat might as well have stun combat, beats a power vacuum where blasted coders hunt tall poppies.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #131627

I don't understand the push to move from straight stun to stamina. After a single disabler hit its seriously the same thing since you can't outrun anyone. It only helps if you're armed with a gun for the slim chance of fighting back. The person who got the first shot off will usually still will.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #131628

I'd thought I've already posted the solution.

Here's my solution to the 99 damage < stun paradox.
Stuns that should be "enough to cuff":
Stun baton
Police baton
A very well timed point blank taser shot
Space lube
Chemical based stuns
Stamina damage knockout

This way, stuns in combat are mostly just a short term disable, not a deciding factor because no stuns except melee stuns would last enough to be lethal.

Combat is no longer centred around stuns. Stuns give you an advantage, but it isn't an instawin.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #131637

DrPillzRedux wrote:I don't understand the push to move from straight stun to stamina. After a single disabler hit its seriously the same thing since you can't outrun anyone. It only helps if you're armed with a gun for the slim chance of fighting back. The person who got the first shot off will usually still will.
Disablers are completely different. They allow you to shoot back and things like fighting behind corners doesn't come down to 1 hit anymore.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #131640

A lot our stun problems as people see it can be solved by getting ourselves a more advanced medical system, like a toned down baymed/lifeweb med(even though that's baymed x 11), so that having a lot of lethal weapons can be just as viable to stun weaponry due to long term damage to organs, bones, etc.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #131643

how about we just make lasers not hit like wet farts first.

Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #131644

iamgoofball wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:A lot our stun problems as people see it can be solved by getting ourselves a more advanced medical system, like a toned down baymed/lifeweb med(even though that's baymed x 11), so that having a lot of lethal weapons can be just as viable to stun weaponry due to long term damage to organs, bones, etc.
fuck off with the baymed meme

I'm serious. If we want to buff lethal weapons to make stun combat less prevalent, then a good way to buff them without buffing their damage would be to make them have long lasting consequences on what they hit. Murderboner #12898 revolvering people in maint? Well he took a spear to his gut, and since all he has is a medkit with medical gauze, he patched it up best as he could, got infected, and died.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #131651

Zilenan91 wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:A lot our stun problems as people see it can be solved by getting ourselves a more advanced medical system, like a toned down baymed/lifeweb med(even though that's baymed x 11), so that having a lot of lethal weapons can be just as viable to stun weaponry due to long term damage to organs, bones, etc.
fuck off with the baymed meme

I'm serious. If we want to buff lethal weapons to make stun combat less prevalent, then a good way to buff them without buffing their damage would be to make them have long lasting consequences on what they hit. Murderboner #12898 revolvering people in maint? Well he took a spear to his gut, and since all he has is a medkit with medical gauze, he patched it up best as he could, got infected, and died.
im going to start reporting every post you make for shilling other games, zilenan. if you love those games so much why do you keep shitting up our forum?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #131653

I don't think you quite understand what I'm talking about Crag.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #131655

That's part of the answer though. Combat has barely any repercussions as everything can be cured quickly.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #131660

brb developing a suit that you have to plug into your usb port to play ss13 every time you get hit in game it injects you with angry bullet ants high on amphetamines.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #131661

Why do people keep saying lasers are weak I truely do not understand.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #131662

i don't have the math on me but people say having to shoot a guy 10 times to put him into crit is worse than stunning him once and bashing him to death

personally i prefer lasers over ballistics because the ballistics powercreep grosses me out + i find nanotrasen using energy weapons mostly and the syndies using ballistics mostly more thematic
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #131694

Lasers do 20 burn damage. You need 5 shots, therefore, to crit an unarmoured person. Most armour has something to do with increasing the number of shots you need.

An energy gun normally holds 10 shots, enough to kill one person. A laser gun is, I think, 12.

The shots are large, and therefore easier to dodge, but make up for it by being able to move through windows.

Most ballistic weapons do 25 or higher. Armour against them is generally weaker unless specifically designed for it. They often have higher ammunition counts. A few ballistic weapons, like shotgun slugs and 357 revolvers, do 60. Bullets are also harder to dodge and can seem faster to fire (not sure if that's real or not). Also, you can normally reload them on the go. Oh, and if you get more than one shot in the same place, the damage will make people bleed. All of those make people think the lasers are a bit weak.

But personally? I think they're fine. Most of their weaknesses fuse beautifully with security's equipment (tasers, having access to rechargers, and so on). You can always carry more than one. Also, it works well to have a weapon as security that, if stolen, can't be used to kill half the station.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #131701

Don't change stun combat to be more skill-based. The last thing we need is to make this a game that attracts more play-to-win shootem-up plebeians.

Removing cryo and medbots would be a start. The progressive removal of player interaction for regular activities has lead to this situation where the defining aspect of survival is stunning. Damage counts for little if you can simply slap on an instant-heal patch or jump into cryo.

Has anyone trialled replacing laser guns with laser cannons as an asymmetric way of balancing the laser rifle? Forcing the standard combat weapon to be belt/back slot only would address the "looting the armoury" problem.
Mime: Depresso
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #131715

CPTANT wrote:how about we just make lasers not hit like wet farts first.

Laser guns need more ammo if anything
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #131718

Why would you keep shooting someone once they're in crit though
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #131719

You know they're a ling, have some sort of regen chem/virus, ect.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #131720

MMMiracles wrote:You know they're a ling, have some sort of regen chem/virus, ect.
Then you go in close and start smashing their head in, no need to keep wasting lasers
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #131729

Stam damage is awful since it means if you have no ranged weapons, you are immediately and instantly just fucked.

All stam weapons canbe spammed to hell and back, and it only takes 1 or 2 hits to make you move at a snail's pace.
And even if you get up from a stam stun, you're still stuck at snail pace for like 4 minutes so you have zero hope of escaping.

With stuns, all stun weapons are far more limited in terms of shots, and spammability.
So while it only takes 1 shot to stun, you're limited by range and ammo count, and after the stun wears off you're at 100% and ready to fight/run.

We're playing a terrible 2d sprite game, if you want some mlg combat, play a shooter or something. Stuns are a necessity for this game's balance.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #131735

The spamminess of disablers and the 1 hit GG of tasers is exactly why I proposed a middle way of a 2 shot taser.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #131736

That's just a disabler with more then 50 stam damage, or in reality, an inferior version of a shotgun/revolver/other 2 hit crit weapon.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #131739

lumipharon wrote:That's just a disabler with more then 50 stam damage, or in reality, an inferior version of a shotgun/revolver/other 2 hit crit weapon.
and what makes is that disablers are not "just an inferior version" of a 4 shot crit weapon?
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #131741

As Security, I'd rather have a disabler than a .357 revolver. Shooting people with 60-brute rounds is bad for PR.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #131742

If only a set amount of stun weapons stun long enough to cuff/cable cuff.
It's much more likely there is going to be several ban appeal threads stating "He did this, i couldn't stun him long enough, so i killed him"

Would you rather be stunned, cuffed, and then have the possibility of release?
Rather than stunned for a short time, damaged to the point where you are at a severe disadvantage, and die?

One Hit Stuns are appart of the long lasting SS13 Culture, removing it is like removing corgis or energy swords.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #131743

They are, when the enemy does have those 2 hit crit weapons the disabler is suicidal to use and the taser is out ranged. Also disablers have been capable of a 3 hit stun for some time now but that rarely happens going by I actually had to look up the code and check they did 36 stamina damage. Even with pre HG paprika love in tasers lasers still saw use since with every nonlethal take down sec has you also have to account for cuffing the guy then dragging him away to stash somewhere which melts given a group combat situation, space vs evaless or hulks whatever.

Which some admins don't allow and literally the brig can explode and they expect you to just drag one murderer around forever because MUH SOS RULES!
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #131795

Stuns were good. If a weapon stunned, that was probably all it did, so you had to have something else to follow up with. If a weapon didn't stun, it either had good damage, was dirt common, or had an alternate use like extinguishers.

All of this was changed because of one assblasted coder who got dunked by stuns and replaced them with shitty disablers.

We need to revert all the awful changes to stuns and go back to the formula that wasn't nerfing everything until everything was equally shit.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #131814

Return stun, return fast, return the gitgud.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #131819

anyone who wants the old sanic-speed 24/7 back are literally awful tbh.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #131837

MMMiracles wrote:anyone who wants the old sanic-speed 24/7 back are literally awful tbh.
I dont think anyone legitimately does, I think it's just rose tinted glasses.
私は完璧
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #131838

To be fair to old speed, having more prevalent stun weapons was far more justified back then due to how hard it was to land a hit with a weapon on anyone. People moving at the fastest speed possible made it easier to dodge or simply outrun stun weapons.

After move speed was nerfed it became more clear that this significantly buffed stun weapons as now it was harder to avoid being stunned. Some will argue it puts more emphasise on tactical placement of yourself before a engagement, other's will disagree.

--------

In my opinion I don't think a full revert back to the older days of stun weapons is viable if we do not also return to the older movement speed, they were both heavily intertwined and one without the other would not hold up by itself.

Though it depends on what kind of stun weapons we would reintroduce. When all is said and done the only change to stun ranged weapons that remains as is today is the Energy Gun change, all the other changes to stun weapons are either inconsequential (Disabler with the Taser) or were removed at one point (Stun on Adv Egun or other projectile changes sans range limit).

The fact is we can go either way, but we have no consensus nor a vision of which way to go.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #131842

Remie Richards wrote:
MMMiracles wrote:anyone who wants the old sanic-speed 24/7 back are literally awful tbh.
> I don't get stimulant virus every round and go 2fast
I don't its only when I feel the need for speed and things need to die
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #131883

callanrockslol wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
> I don't get stimulant virus every round and go 2fast
I don't its only when I feel the need for speed and things need to die

Remie are you high? The only reason people aren't still up in arms at slowdown being strongarmed in at a 20% approval rate is that we continue to code new, interesting things for them to be up in arms about.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #131886

Nah old speed a shit
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #131888

just make lasers into hitscan weapons with a beam effect so you can't dodge

(don't)
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #131889

Also, keep ballistics non-hitscan :^)
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #131960

Well we certainly cant go back to stun combat without a higher movespeed.

Taser eguns without being fast enough to dodge them would be ridiculous.

And I still do miss oldspeed, especially on these new giant maps.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #131976

Bring back tasers to normal and egun tasers. Actually ARM your antags to deal with this, like not every fucking traitor buff thread needs to advocate traitor weapons costing more its sorta ridiculous. Actual antags have stun resist or their own ranged weapons (ling is a dumpster fuck em) revs actually be the canon fodder they should be getting picked away at by good strong sec weapons instead of I spear you weak haha.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #131985

Spears are so fucking robust when thrown.
And with the way throw mechanics work, it's way harder to dodge thrown shit then projectiles.
AND embedding creates nasty DOT, with more damage if you remove it yourself, and can't be removed by anyone else without surgery (which is pretty dumb).
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #131986

I don't get the sentiment why stun weapons such as tasers and disablers need to be the crème de crème of combat by the magnitude they are now. They outclass every damage doing weapon BY FAR. Why does lethal combat have to be a compete non-option?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #131990

Yeah, spears and chainsaws were a great step to possibly removing stun combat. Spears because imbedding does 70 brute with a shitload of bleeding, and chainsaws do 21 brute and can be "held" in one hand if given augmentation.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #132016

If we had stun combat removed in lieu of officer just getting to kill greycried babies like yourselves sure that would work.

That isn't happening though because y'all babies so you just want to have no IC consequences win win situations where a stiff breeze defeats emasculated security while admins hold them down for you.
Last edited by Incomptinence on Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #132047

Incomptinence wrote: a stiff breeze defeats emasculated security while admins hold them down for you.
Mmmmm

Personally I'm of the opinion that the truth is in the middle, which I realize isn't a very helpful.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #132051

lumipharon wrote:Spears are so fucking robust when thrown.
And with the way throw mechanics work, it's way harder to dodge thrown shit then projectiles.
AND embedding creates nasty DOT, with more damage if you remove it yourself, and can't be removed by anyone else without surgery (which is pretty dumb).
If I added other people pulling out your embedded objects, it'd do the exact same damage as if you did it yourself.
The reason I didn't do that initially is so people can't rip out your embedded objects to FORCE that extra damage on you.
If someone else wants to remove your embedded objects, like a doctor, they can just do the surgery.
私は完璧