Re-enabling cat people

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Should we re-enable Cat people

Yes
47%
No
47%
Abstain
6%

Total votes: 108

Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: Re-enabling cat people

Post by Grazyn » #135825

Bottom post of the previous page:

It's gonna be close guys... a cat's hair
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #135849

DrPillzRedux wrote:I don't get the big deal over having a different sprite and why it genuinely pisses some off. Especially when some say other races CREATE CONFLICT, and yet those same people who scream that are the ones who run around the stations screaming dank memes or LIGGER LIGGER CAT NYAAA.
nice generalization faggot
i think the "conflict" lizards create ("muh race! ur not muh race fuck you! hahahhaa rp!") is fucking stupid but i've almost never said any of those "dank memes" ingame
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #135863

To be totally honest I haven't seen a single issue with catpeople in game. Like, not a single person going around being an asshole because they were a catperson or someone else was a catperson. It's like totally completely a nonissue. The only time this ever pops up is when one person complains in OOC asking if they can valid catpeople, or on the forums where you get a couple of loud people complaining about it (some who haven't played in weeks or months) being forumwarriors over things that in the grand scheme of things mean nothing. That's just my take on it.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #135906

Shaps wrote:To be totally honest I haven't seen a single issue with catpeople in game. Like, not a single person going around being an asshole because they were a catperson or someone else was a catperson. It's like totally completely a nonissue. The only time this ever pops up is when one person complains in OOC asking if they can valid catpeople, or on the forums where you get a couple of loud people complaining about it (some who haven't played in weeks or months) being forumwarriors over things that in the grand scheme of things mean nothing. That's just my take on it.
Well it kind of helps when Catpeople have not been relevant until very recently.

E: I'm sure that Lizardpeople had no issues or complaints before they became wildly used in game as a race.
Last edited by Steelpoint on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #135907

It will happen, just like with the lizards

a group will form
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #135915

its actually a reference to anime like the multitude of schoolgirl uniforms we have
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #135916

Lizards are okay

Catpeople are okay

Plasmen are okay

Why do people give a shit about different races when it's just aesthetic/a worse race

Let people have fun you cucks
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #135925

Steelpoint wrote:
Shaps wrote:To be totally honest I haven't seen a single issue with catpeople in game. Like, not a single person going around being an asshole because they were a catperson or someone else was a catperson. It's like totally completely a nonissue. The only time this ever pops up is when one person complains in OOC asking if they can valid catpeople, or on the forums where you get a couple of loud people complaining about it (some who haven't played in weeks or months) being forumwarriors over things that in the grand scheme of things mean nothing. That's just my take on it.
Well it kind of helps when Catpeople have not been relevant until very recently.

E: I'm sure that Lizardpeople had no issues or complaints before they became wildly used in game as a race.
People have been praying for and have been catted steadily over the last month
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #135928

Again, until Cat people become a round start race akin to Lizards you simply won't see as many complaints or annoyances from Cat people.

Its unfair to declare Cat people as acceptable due to no complaints BEFORE they've been made a round start race.

We were in this position when we added Lizardpeople, but over time the situation we are in now with Lizardpeople being obnoxious evolved.

We are not Elder Scrolls, Cat People should be kept confined to the realms of Admin abuse or higher level genetic manipulation (kidnap Runtime for experimentation). Cat people are just fucking obnoxious, stupid looking and seem out of place in my opinion.

Again, if you can slap a pair of ears on a Human and call it a '''Alien''' race, then its unoriginal and bad.
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #135930

Other races can always be capped, with people simply rolling for special snowflake races at the start of each round. Say 10% of starting population can be lizard, 10% can be cat person, rest are human. If more than 10% opted into lizard, well then some of them will be human instead.

If the issue of race being an integral part of a player's identity comes up, then there could be entries added for different names based on race - similar to how there are fields for clown and mime names, there could also be "lizard name" or "cat person name".
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #135965

Steelpoint wrote: Again, if you can slap a pair of ears on a Human and call it a '''Alien''' race, then its unoriginal and bad.
Cat people aren't a race, people use the term race here because it's quicker than "Human with animal parts", it's not a species in theme or code, the closest term is mutant, like Hulk.

Also I like Liam's idea, but obviously having the percentages being in the config, and probably more 20% than 10%
私は完璧
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #135966

They are a Alien race unless you specifically make it something that can only be created by genetically manipulating a Human.

The concept of 'mutantraces' was made back when there were no round start non-human Alien races to pick, and that mutantraces referred to things that came as a result of either genetic manipulation or from accidents such as hulks or flypeople.

In all concepts except for the very specific coding terms that 95% of people don't know about, these are Alien races being proposed.

Even if they were not, what difference would it make?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #135970

Capping races to certain percentages is shit. Honestly an awful idea.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #135972

Zilenan91 wrote:Capping races to certain percentages is shit. Honestly an awful idea.
We already cap jobs and antagonist roles and assign them randomly, I don't think this is much different. And if the goal is to avoid non-human crew becoming the majority, percentage caps make it reasonably fair - meaning everyone has a chance to play a special race every so often, without the risk of the whole crew being cat people because everyone wants to be oh-so-special.

As to whether non-human-crew SHOULD EVEN NOT be allowed to be a round start majority... well that's for the community to decide. I know my immersion would be challenged if the entire ship was lizard people. I can understand a few lizards in the crew, but I think a human majority is required for my personal immersion reasons. So I'd say I'd prefer it capped, but I wouldn't be too bothered if the caps weren't introduced. It's merely a preference, not something I feel super strongly about.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #135977

I mean if there were really that many lizards you'd think there would be more policy threads trying to remove the humannes from silicons.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #135980

There are already too many goddamn policies. Have you recently seen this page? It's abysmal and atrocious and nobody in their right mind will read that today, let alone if we add extra rules relating to the fine details about when you can and cannot choose to be a cat person.

We don't need more policies when there are automated solutions to issues.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #135982

LiamLime wrote:Have you recently seen this page? It's abysmal and atrocious and nobody in their right mind will read that today,
The joke is that was rewritten somewhat recently and supposed to be a "condensed" easier to read version of the rules.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #135984

I've legitimately never read the rules because the only one that matters is rule 1.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #135987

Zilenan91 wrote:I've legitimately never read the rules because the only one that matters is rule 1.
You're in for a world of fun if you fuck up.

Though if more people actually took Rule 1 to heart, the rest aren't that necessary.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #135990

Ironically, slapping different ears on humans (or different ears *and* a weird forehead) was exactly how Star Trek did aliens, and it was a critically acclaimed sci-fi series.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #135992

Cheimon wrote:Ironically, slapping different ears on humans (or different ears *and* a weird forehead) was exactly how Star Trek did aliens, and it was a critically acclaimed sci-fi series.
It was explained lore wise that most intelligent species in the Milky Way galaxy were specifically grown and evolved from a single species at the behest of a super galactic power.

But otherwise let's not forget that the original Star Trek is very old and very hacky in their implementation of many things, also we can do better than slapping ears on something, and we have.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #136004

Steelpoint bitches about MUH THEME and then shits on rubber forehead aliens in spessmens while finding more ways to code in elite operator tactical sec gear so he can pretend he's playing counter strike. You're a fucking limp dick fuck fence and a queef volcano, your opinion on what the games theme is doesn't matter because the only people who can tolerate your authoritarian aspergian regime are your fellow nailbiting mongoloids who are incapable of gitting gud at sec and need more op as fuck guns so they can feel like they have functional genitalia when they manage to kill an unarmed greyshirt with an autorifle. Eat shit and shit it out and eat that shit, you shitshitting shiteater.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #136005

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Steelpoint bitches about MUH THEME and then shits on rubber forehead aliens in spessmens while finding more ways to code in elite operator tactical sec gear so he can pretend he's playing counter strike. You're a fucking limp dick fuck fence and a queef volcano, your opinion on what the games theme is doesn't matter because the only people who can tolerate your authoritarian aspergian regime are your fellow nailbiting mongoloids who are incapable of gitting gud at sec and need more op as fuck guns so they can feel like they have functional genitalia when they manage to kill an unarmed greyshirt with an autorifle. Eat shit and shit it out and eat that shit, you shitshitting shiteater.
Problem?

I needed a good laugh, thanks.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #136009

I'd rather have cat people than plasma people.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
deputi
Byond Username: Deputi

Post by deputi » #136010

I always knew things would go downhill after the addition of lizards. Cantina station was inevitable.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #136013

Forreal though I'd be completely fine with shit like catpeople if it was achieved via genetics fuckery solely so genetics has something else to do but make angry space manlets.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #136025

I just want to RP John Blacksad, because:

Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #136026

Jesus fucking christ.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #136036

It's actually a damn good graphic novel. Beautifully illustrated and the story line is great, but now I'm getting off topic

Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #136037

But even that looks better than the reality, which is someone with hairband ears and a tail attached to a butt plug. I'm a kitty kat! Nyaa! No, you're a fetishist and I don't see what your mutation adds here.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #136042

Cheimon wrote:But even that looks better than the reality, which is someone with hairband ears and a tail attached to a butt plug. I'm a kitty kat! Nyaa! No, you're a fetishist and I don't see what your mutation adds here.
This is a game were talking about, not reality. In the same way as we have lizard people, sometimes people like to portray a charcter thats entirely not what they're like in the real world. Which is why games like MWF are so popular, no one seriously expects soldiers to run around taking bullet after bullet and to wait a few seconds then carry on.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #136076

Cheimon wrote:But even that looks better than the reality, which is someone with hairband ears and a tail attached to a butt plug. I'm a kitty kat! Nyaa! No, you're a fetishist and I don't see what your mutation adds here.
cheimon you're projecting so much i should call you imax

did a fat girl touch your no-no place in the anime club or something? why do you automatically conflate cat ears with ass play? yer fucked up lad
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #136078

Super Aggro Crag wrote: cheimon you're projecting so much i should call you imax
Jesus.
That was good.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #136083

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Holy shit these bantz
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #136107

Just cap it and it'll be fiiine. This issue really doesn't need a heated battle between the "ALL RACES ARE BAD, CANTINA STATION RAWR" and "MUH FREEDUMBS, MUH RACIAL EQUALITY" absolutists views. Just take the extremely easy compromise and make a cap.
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #136111

Super Aggro Crag wrote:

did a fat girl touch your no-no place in the anime club or something? why do you automatically conflate cat ears with ass play? yer fucked up lad
Good banter as usual. I'm conflating cat tails with butt plugs because, well, they're a thing. A method of attachment. The obvious one, in certain drawings. I've seen the pictures!

Mostly I'm reacting to it as a sexual thing because I can't remember ever seeing anime catgirls in a context that wasn't sexualised. I think the western equivalent would be a race of rabbitpeople that had the playboy 'bunny' ears as their distinguishing feature. Anyway, if you're really that keen on defending it as an important game addition and not just a weird and tacky reference, go ahead. Prove me wrong! I'm happy to be wrong, even.
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #136207

Make the cat people canonically sickos who renounced their humanity to undergo insane cosmetic gene therapy
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
ClumsyAlcoholic
Byond Username: ClumsyAlcoholic

Post by ClumsyAlcoholic » #136785

I'm okay if we make catpeople even lower than lizards, just to hear them whine.
MOSIN BOY HERE
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #136795

ClumsyAlcoholic wrote:I'm okay if we make catpeople even lower than lizards, just to hear them whine.
If job restrictions are enabled, cat people are allowed only in civilian roles, Cargo Tech and Lawyer. it's hard-coded.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #136800

>civilian roles

Tell me, do you really want a cat chef, getting hair all over your food?
Spoiler:
Oh, wait, nevermind.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #136836

Two options
>add cat people, half of the station is annoyed as piss because its a specific group of people who play cat, then go fuck off to dorms to fufill their fetishes, instead of doing their jobs. hindering the station in every way and causing conflict between the do's and the don'ts

>don't add cat people, people who want to play cat will be upset, but get over it eventually.

If you honestly think its more of a deal than that, your over reacting for either "MUH KATS" or "MUH HOOMANS".

The arguement isn't worth it, we aren't a heavy rp server that has to have 9 races because "MUH EQUALITY". If you want cats, go to hypartia.

Simple as that.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #136840

How do I change my vote? I accidentally voted to ruin the server.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #136897

So did I.

If by "ruin" you mean "remove catbeasts".

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #137708

BillWilson wrote:Also cat people need the No Heads restriction.
Cat people are restricted from everything but service and assistant. Might have cargo, but no qm.
If you see then in other positions that's because an admin gave them ears.

Also. The #1 super duper foolproof way to ID a cat person is USE THE SEC RECORDS!
They literally have pictures. If the picture has cat ears, catperson. If not, human with a headband.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #137716

Those annie may cat ears are the only reason I'd be all for going full spesskhajiit.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #138674

peoplearestrange wrote:It's actually a damn good graphic novel. Beautifully illustrated and the story line is great, but now I'm getting off topic
They had me at polar bears and arctic foxes being against black horses and stuff. And Blacksad is black with white patches. Hue.

Also, pretty cute vote line up
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #138705

I wonder if there's someone rigging the vote to look like this. I've never seen a more polarizing issue such as this one. The playerbase is split in two.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #139105

50/50 sounds about right, it's also the response I got to the PR

as long as the playerbase is this divided on cat people I vote to keep them disabled
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #139255

Keep them gone. They're horrible from a balance point of view because they're so so similar to humans. If we want more races, they need to be very visibly different.

Unless, of course, we want to change AI laws so that all crewmembers are classed as "human" as we know it right now. That would allow us to make monster girl races without there being balance problems because everyone would be invalid to harm from silicons.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #139267

Just replace catpeople with actual cat people and poll again.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #139269

DemonFiren wrote:Just replace catpeople with actual cat people and poll again.
What about peoplecats instead?

Human ears and eyes, and whatever.