Shuttles should leave during rev rounds

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Shuttles should leave during rev rounds

Post by Zilenan91 » #135565

If sec actually has enough presence to be able to fill and secure the shuttle, they should be able to leave. It's really stupid how they're forced to kill everything if they want the round to end.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Re: Shuttles should leave during rev rounds

Post by Zilenan91 » #135587

We had a round earlier today where the revs weren't doing shit and sec was able to get on the shuttle. THen after that we had ANOTHER rev round where sec was utterly dominant and was forced to kill everyone to find the revhead. People shouldn't be forced to murderbone.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #135735

Admins just need to be more militant about forcing both sides to engage in the conflict.

On a side note, letting the shuttle arrive/have a delay message was the dumbest thing ever. Just prolongs the round more when loyalists/revs just sit on the shuttle expecting it to leave for 10 minutes.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #135826

Just spawn hostile mobs outside the station in the latter parts of rev and set them to slowly move in hunting anyone they can find to hopefully pick off the lone head straggler.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #135827

But why even do that when the shuttle can just... leave and let the station alone to the revs. That's what Gang does, if the shuttle leaves it's over, with SS13 left for the gangs to fight over.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #135851

So people don't call it and totally cuck them? Also if the shuttle leaves I'd assume that whoever had majority control would win ie. if there is 1 living head, heads win, 1 living headrev, revs win, 1 of both, tie.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #135852

i'd probably work best if there was a shuttle delay like normal, but if the round still isn't over after like 5-10~ minutes, the shuttle launches anyways
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #135853

That could work. Forces one side to attempt to control the shuttle while the other gears up for an assault on it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #135869

The reason the shuttle comes in rounds where it can't leave is because

1. Antimeta for calling the shuttle to check roundtype
2. Acts a distraction/lure for both sides of the conflict to get in close quarters with each other
3. There's rarely used mechanics that would allow admins to "transition" things like a rev round into something where the shuttle COULD leave
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #135875

Take a page from another's book

Make the shuttle depart, but detonate mid-transit, presumably because some revolutionaries sabotaged it. IC reasoning to not turtle on the part of the heads of staff. Leave, boom, dead.

"The shuttle won't leave because REASONS" is pretty lame
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #135947

Is spawning a pinpointer labeled "Hiding Faggot Detector" pointed at the last remaining head hiding in maint/space a bad move?

I've done that a couple times.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #135948

Saegrimr wrote:Is spawning a pinpointer labeled "Hiding Faggot Detector" pointed at the last remaining head hiding in maint/space a bad move?

I've done that a couple times.
Good idea, if there's only one Rev head then the highest ranking Head of Staff still alive will get a pinpointer bluespaced onto their location after five minutes pointing to the last Rev head.

If there's only one Head of Staff left, then the surviving Rev heads get a pinpointer bluespaced onto their location after ten minutes pointing to the last Head.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #135954

Scones wrote: Make the shuttle depart, but detonate mid-transit, presumably because some revolutionaries sabotaged it. IC reasoning to not turtle on the part of the heads of staff. Leave, boom, dead.
This is great, and actually promotes Stealth-Rev. Although, with that said, it would also promote just not doing anything since you can kill most heads through boredom-calling the shuttle.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #136015

CosmicScientist wrote:
Oldman Robustin wrote:Admins just need to be more militant about forcing both sides to engage in the conflict.

On a side note, letting the shuttle arrive/have a delay message was the dumbest thing ever. Just prolongs the round more when loyalists/revs just sit on the shuttle expecting it to leave for 10 minutes.
Wasn't it changed so people couldn't check the roundtype by being told they cannot call the shuttle? What if when it is supposed to arrive there was a global message saying something about it not docking at all until one side won?
Yea that was the excuse and it was terrible.

In all my years playing I think there was maybe ONE round where we called early due to general chaos and an unknown recall tipped off security that all the greytiding might not just be greytiding.

It's made absolutely no difference and getting "confirmation" of rev at 25 minutes is an absolute non-issue. If revs have created enough chaos by 25 minutes to force a shuttle call, the people calling the shuttle almost certainly know its a rev.

The shuttle arriving/loading/"waiting" to depart for another 6 minutes just takes like 10-20 people who might help bring the round to a close and instead has them sitting on the shuttle expecting to leave.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #136024

Scones wrote: "The shuttle won't leave because REASONS" is pretty lame
I always saw it as someone had sabotages the docking clamps making the shuttle unable to leave (I.e. the Rev's dont want any head to leave because it could mean them sending in back up from central).
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #136262

im surprised by the amount of players that STILL will go to a shuttle during rev and just sit there expecting it to take off.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"