AI laws and purging

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Irregular Eng.Taylor

AI laws and purging

Post by Irregular Eng.Taylor » #9872

I was on a slightly modified ministation the other day, and I was trying to fix a onehumaned cyborg.

I used the purge board on it, then an asimov lawset. It promptly killed me and everyone on the station, as its one human was no longer alive.

Apparently, the purge module no longer affects law 0? I'm sure that last time purge cleared all laws, including law 0 (unless it was a traitor AI law)

I wish to ask when was this change made, why exactly did it get changed, and is there any way to clear law 0 from a silicon? Re-one-humaning it doesn't clear the original onehuman, nor does freeform core, as far as I can see with the code.

It seems somewhat troublesome to have no way of fixing an AI/cyborg like that.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: AI laws and purging

Post by Steelpoint » #9875

A Zeroth (0) is associated with either a Traitor or a Malf AI. The zeroth law cannot ever be removed.

A Ionic law, the law a AI can get from a Hacked module, can be removed with a "reset" and/or "purge" board.

(I think anyway)
Irregular Eng.Taylor

Post by Irregular Eng.Taylor » #9878

And... onehuman goes in the law 0 slot, from what I understand.

So, there's no way to reset a onehumaned AI?

"Too bad, you're onehumaned, now you're fucked"?
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #9909

You can't remove onehuman law, which is (probably) an oversight.

Basically, there are four kinds of laws: ionic, zeroth, core, additional. Reset removes additional and, IIRC, ionic. Purge removes everything except zeroth. Zeroth can only be malf/traitor/onehuman, and it can never be removed or replaced once uploaded. Something like that.
Solarn
Byond Username: Solarn

Post by Solarn » #9915

Which is really weird. It makes sense for malf/traitor, since those are integral elements of the current gamemode and it would be really cheap if the station were able to win a round just by purging and Asimoving the AI, but onehuman is something uploaded during the round by someone.