Capture the flag

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Capture the flag

Post by onleavedontatme » #150058

Lots of people make requests for it in deadchat or ooc but I will never remember it all, so please leave feedback here.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Capture the flag

Post by lumipharon » #150061

Needs guns/nades/other gadgets to spawn around the arena every so often/randomly, to spice shit up.

ie: chem nades, flamethrowers, sabr, etc.
kazeespada
Byond Username: Kaze Espada

Post by kazeespada » #150066

Laser guns since the map contains lots of windows. Preferably with team colored lasers.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #150072

Make it a full round type that happens rarely

30v30 ctf would be absolute chaos
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #150090

Make the spawn points be capture zones under the flag, thats like the whole point of CTF
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #150092

It is really difficult to tell who's on your team and who's not with the blue shields around everyone. Make them red for the red team.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #150095

You should be able to get more ammunition, healing, weapons, etc. from your spawn point near the controller. Gear up how you want to, and then storm the enemy.
The flag should slow you down, to give the other team a chance to catch you, but should do energy axe-tier brute damage.
Each team needs headsets (Syndicate and Central for red and blue, maybe?) to coordinate attacks.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #150104

lumipharon wrote:Needs guns/nades/other gadgets to spawn around the arena every so often/randomly, to spice shit up.

ie: chem nades, flamethrowers, sabr, etc.
Anturk coded some pickups, I would need to code spawners though. Definitely something I would like to do.
oranges wrote:Make it a full round type that happens rarely

30v30 ctf would be absolute chaos
Maybe when I have more depth added to it. Pretty barebones now. Admins running it weekend nights would be cool though.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Make the spawn points be capture zones under the flag, thats like the whole point of CTF
Easier to handle this way codewise
bandit wrote:It is really difficult to tell who's on your team and who's not with the blue shields around everyone. Make them red for the red team.
I was gonna do this then realized the shield sprite was 7 frames and I fled the dmi
TheNightingale wrote:stuff.
The flag already slows you and does 200 damage.

Not sure how to add more radio channels.
CosmicScientist wrote:things
I actually have a pr up with energy magazines.

I agree the shots are too hard to see, but I also love the bullet casings everywhere.

Will probably switch to energh weapons.