RD armor nerf

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

RD armor nerf

Post by Helios » #150059

Feedback on the recent RD armor nerf, which does rad damage each time the armor teleports.
Thoughts?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: RD armor nerf

Post by PKPenguin321 » #150063

not nerfed enough
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #150065

Absolutely hate it. Special thanks to Mekhi (for using it so much and gaining bad attention) and some random player that decided to get a Github account solely for devaluing the experience of another set of players. My guess is that he lost to an RD or something.

There were better ways to nerf it. Reduce the activation chance back to 37%, or whatever it was. Put the slowdown back. The way this guy did it does not address the complaints of the salty players that lose to Mekhi, and thus want the armor nerfed. It just increases the frustration experienced by RD players. If you are going to nerf something that caused complaints due to buffing, perhaps the smarter thing to do would have been to set one or both of the buffs it got back to the original values. :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #150073

Giving it slowdown would meanit would never get used, again.

Why do you think this nerf is so bad compared to snailpace nerf?
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #150074

It is going to be nerfed again, for the reason I outlined. It does not address the complaints. It sucks for the RD player and no one else. It will not stop Mekhi in the slightest, because he will just carry anti-rad chems on him. So when it IS nerfed again, it is going to be put back to original values or worse, ALONG WITH the radiation.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #150101

I should just have gotten the protection from being teleported into space removed.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Babin
Byond Username: Babin

Post by Babin » #150102

Potassium Iodide does not have an overdose. You can eat twenty 50u pills of it and have radiation purged from your body at a fast rate for the next 30 minutes. That is all.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #150117

CPTANT wrote:I should just have gotten the protection from being teleported into space removed.
That protection has already been removed!
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #150134

just remove mekhi from game entire problem goes away
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #150174

Cik wrote:just remove mekhi from game entire problem goes away
Pretty much. Powergamers gonna power game.
Chiefwaffles
Byond Username: Chiefwaffles

Post by Chiefwaffles » #150183

Another (partial?) solution could be putting the Reactive Armor on the blacklist for the teleporter/hand-tele. Because a RD can take the Reactive Armor and hand tele for extreme powergaming.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #150200

Telearmour needs to not work on away missions (also portal guns) because it lets you cheese the ever loving fuck out of them.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #150312

lumipharon wrote:Powergamers gonna power game.
To solve this problem, you simply need to delete the entire code repository.

That or keep nerfing every new item that gets abused, because that's what we've always been doing but we forget after a while, so the new nerfs seems fresh.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #150390

Steelpoint wrote:
lumipharon wrote:Powergamers gonna power game.
To solve this problem, you simply need to delete the entire code repository.

That or keep nerfing every new item that gets abused, because that's what we've always been doing but we forget after a while, so the new nerfs seems fresh.
see, the whole "if you nerf this they will move to the next most powerful thing" is a good argument, except for when the divide between the most powerful thing and the next most powerful thing is wider than an American family on thanksgiving day
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #150392

Which is how wild?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #150454

DemonFiren wrote:Which is how wild?
The next best armor is either the ablative (is it called reflective now? I honestly forget) armor vest or the captain's spaaaaaace armor.

Cap's spaaaaaace armor is spaceworthy with minimal slowdown, while the ablative, like the reactive, has a chance to stop stuns.

The damage protection values on armor pale in comparison to the ability to sometimes avoid a 1-hit loss stun. So discounting the ablative vest, which rarely sees use because it's a traitor target (and those who would use it can't be antagonists), the gap is pretty damn wide.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #150466

Tele armour is not comparable to any other armour in the game.

It completely nullifies (with pretty good odds) any attack, including RPG's to the face, death syringes, stuns etc.
It also moves you out of harms way, often out of sight out and out of reach because walls/airlock restrictions.
It can also be abused to get pretty much anywhere you want, including cheesing away missions etc, because you can activate your own armour by throwing shit and hitting yourself (which is blatant bug abuse considering Kor and the like have gone out of their way to try prevent self-activation).

No other armour can do any of this shit. The next best is shielded nuke op armour since it can hard counter up to three hits, where as telearmour can stop far more, with half decent luck.
Telearmour used to be utterly shit because it had slowdown, and slowdownis fucking aids in this game and everyone avoids it as such.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #150509

Drynwyn wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Which is how wild?
The next best armor is either the ablative (is it called reflective now? I honestly forget) armor vest or the captain's spaaaaaace armor.

Cap's spaaaaaace armor is spaceworthy with minimal slowdown, while the ablative, like the reactive, has a chance to stop stuns.

The damage protection values on armor pale in comparison to the ability to sometimes avoid a 1-hit loss stun. So discounting the ablative vest, which rarely sees use because it's a traitor target (and those who would use it can't be antagonists), the gap is pretty damn wide.
I was more asking about how wild you Americans were on Thanksgiving.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #150518

wide != wild amigo
maybe you need reading glasses
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #150521

PKPenguin321 wrote:wide != wild amigo
maybe you need reading glasses
I'm wearing reading glasses, but I typically visit spessmens right after getting up and right before going to bed.

that and I really oughtta clean those lenses again

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: