Hallucination sting

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Hallucination sting

Post by firecage » #10200

I think I highly preferred Parasting compared to the hallucination sting which uses the holodamage thing.

It just so fucking ruins your whole round with 5 chemicle ling units
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Re: Hallucination sting

Post by Miauw » #10207

yeah it's ridiculous atm.
i can swear there was a pr to make it less retarded, but where did it go?
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #10215

The populace deserves a trillion bad trips for standing by newling.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #10226

420LSD sting is fucking hilarious.
Crew dissolves into beating each other and screaming while falling down everywhere.
I play Boris Pepper.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #10248

Day two-hunded sixty-three, the players have still not discovered anti-tox immediately cures lsd.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #10249

Does sleeping cure it? It did when I did anyway, maybe a fluke.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #10262

paprika wrote:Day two-hunded sixty-three, the players have still not discovered anti-tox immediately cures lsd.
I'm pretty sure it was proven that anti tox literally does nothing to LSD. Literally nothing. It's what prompted someone to make a PR to nerf LSD sting/LSD.

What happened to that?
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #10272

Being stung adds 200 ticks

Antitox removes 5 extra ticks per tick

And synaptizine removes 10 extra ticks per tick

Mix of antitox/synap will remove a sting in (200/16 = 12,5) 13 ticks, and will use (0,4 * 13) 5,2 of each. 5/5 antitox/synap pill will remove effects of a sting in seconds.

Unless you get stung multiple times.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #10287

hallusting doesn't add lsd to people, it increments the hallucinating var directly.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #10304

So what you are saying is anti-toxin and tea don't do anything?
nerf pls.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #10400

quality coding
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #10493

nah incrementing the hallucinating var directly is fine imo, maybe tea and antitox should decrement the hallucinating var instead of removing lsd, maybe they do. who knows.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #10496

I think Hallucination Sting is just showing off how lackluster Changeling is, and that lings often resort to just getting the crew high on LSD to slowly force a shuttle call. Instead of something more engaging.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #10559

Armblade and Dissonant Shriek did a lot to fix newling.

Newling is deadly again and is fully capable of overrunning the station on their own. Literally the only thing that can stop a well rounded newling is the ol' stunbaton... and even that is kind of a gamble if the ling took fleshmend. They can try to wait out your baton charge with fleshmend and then bounce up at the right time and go for a disarm or armblade beatdown.

Since I came back I've been in 3 rounds where lings simply overwhelmed the station. Once 2 or more lings start directly working together (sticking together, helping each other even if it puts themselves at risk) they become almost unstoppable by covering each other with various shrieks/stings/counterstuns.

Small-minded lings (idiots) will avoid cooperating because OH NO I CANT FULLY TRUST THEM, but you will get infinitely greater results if you put yourself at risk and just try to cooperate & communicate.

LSDsting is really annoying but I still don't use it because you give up something else that's critical to your survival, only if you have a backup genome ready and want to start the shift by trolling with LSD/transform/cryo/blind sting and then shift into something deadly later would I ever advise using LSDsting.

In the right hands newling is deadlier and more powerful than oldling now (this is a good thing).
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #10579

More in the right situation, kill one guy oldling was on that no sweat. Kill multiple guys at once? No they probably wouldn't, while extra chems upgrades could help help you would run out and get zerged if you depended on them once discovered. Armblade while having some questionable aspects can actually kill multiple people, scream gets around the borgs just shrugging you off and installing you on a walled in space tile or something.

I quite like the ling space suit, goon ling taught me that you can robust like hell with any inbuilt space resistance.

One aspect both versions are pretty bad at is grand theft. Traitor still does everything overall better though, only back with oldling were they on par on one detail and that was assassination.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #10591

Steelpoint wrote:I think Hallucination Sting is just showing off how lackluster Changeling is, and that lings often resort to just getting the crew high on LSD to slowly force a shuttle call. Instead of something more engaging.
LSD sting is, was, and always shall be a gimmick. There's more viable methods for forcing a call available to everyone, but few things beat LSD sting in honking around.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.