Lavaland

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: Lavaland

Post by ShadowDimentio » #213114

Bottom post of the previous page:

>Run down literally any tunnel
>Step on the slightly different black turf
>Die instantly

Clearly I'm just bad lmao
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #213174

you're correct in that my friend, they're very easy to spot if your lights are on
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #213176

Not unless you're paranoid and constantly searching for them to make sure you don't get cucked by BALANCED GAMEPLAY, and that's to say nothing of things on lavaland without mesons (read: everything but miners). I don't play miner for ENGAGING AND DIFFICULT GAMEPLAY OH SHIT I play it to relax and click rocks and maybe challenge a boss. Chasms add fucking nothing and spoil lavaland.

Why not just make it summon lava? It serves the exact same person and lava is immidiately distinguishable from the goddamn floor because it's not black and GLOWS.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #213178

wasn't it originally intended to be two levels, with chasms on the top level and lava in the underground section?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #213180

I have no idea, but obviously that never happened. I just want to run around lavaland and not get instadunked by bullshit.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #213186

Lavaland was changed to be more gameplay and attention intensive so I dont know why you're complaining about chasms breaking your "Comfiness" when there are giant creatures that will dick you if you do as much as look at them funny.

Which actually makes running around lavaland kinda hard to do since if a chasm does not dunk you, then megafauna will, and if that doesn't, then an ashwalker could.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #213189

most people do not fall into chasms as much as you do, maybe you should consider that you're messing something up, they're pretty distinct
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #213239

The megafauna are big and distinct and not black and don't instakill you if you wander into one.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #213240

I mean the original intention was that they'd drop you into the lower level of lava land and do some leg damage. It just so happens nobody has bothered to expand a lower level so you're just deleted.

It should probably be worked on instead of adding more bosses and shit but w/e
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
D&B

Post by D&B » #232096

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make sand golems the cheapest golems to produce and the ones that counter colossus the hardest?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #232119

Because who gives a fuck about colossi? Their loot is useless.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #232167

ShadowDimentio wrote:The megafauna are big and distinct and not black and don't instakill you if you wander into one.
Other day minding my own business mining up my roundstart ore haul. Turn corner.
Drake jerking himself of right there. Blew his load all over me and dead before I could even react.

Also even with no mesons you shouldn't be barreling down halls at full stimulant speed like a retard anyways. That gets you killed.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Jembo
Byond Username: Jembo

Post by Jembo » #232190

Death sprite not functioning properly on mining mobs. Dragons sometimes move two diagonal squares while chasing someone and can move and attack instantly which I thought most mobs can't do. Maybe a side effect of the large sprite, The crystal is still a horrible loot option and the boss should be scaled down to reflect its loot table. There isn't any real reason for miners to use bone and other fun crafting items and it'd be nice to see them in demand on other areas of the station. Bone meal for botany/Chem, Bone walls bone golems when? Being unable to drag Goliaths after you laz inject them is also irritating as it would make the item much better. I'm not sure on the aggro table on neutral monsters but it would be fun if it was expanded to included cult creatures, and blobs. A complete lack of Orkz boys which is unacceptable. Cavern insta kill tiles feel cheap and sometimes can be hard to see if it's a single tile created by gib. Not enough ss13 meme inspired ruins. Also revert the nerf to souls or weaken the passive heal on it. That or make something that lets you auto insert them into your chest. To avoid having to deal with the horrible medical staff.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #232245

Jembo wrote:Death sprite not functioning properly on mining mobs. Dragons sometimes move two diagonal squares while chasing someone and can move and attack instantly which I thought most mobs can't do. Maybe a side effect of the large sprite, The crystal is still a horrible loot option and the boss should be scaled down to reflect its loot table. There isn't any real reason for miners to use bone and other fun crafting items and it'd be nice to see them in demand on other areas of the station. Bone meal for botany/Chem, Bone walls bone golems when? Being unable to drag Goliaths after you laz inject them is also irritating as it would make the item much better. I'm not sure on the aggro table on neutral monsters but it would be fun if it was expanded to included cult creatures, and blobs. A complete lack of Orkz boys which is unacceptable. Cavern insta kill tiles feel cheap and sometimes can be hard to see if it's a single tile created by gib. Not enough ss13 meme inspired ruins. Also revert the nerf to souls or weaken the passive heal on it. That or make something that lets you auto insert them into your chest. To avoid having to deal with the horrible medical staff.

Well that first part why don't you use github to report the bugs?

Secondly Goliaths cant be dragged because blessed legionnaire used that to defeat nuke ops back when goliaths tentacles would stun if you stepped or flew over them. He did this reliably every single time
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #232249

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:Because who gives a fuck about colossi? Their loot is useless.
Oh yeah I mentioned that earlier but forgot to come up with something nice to add to his loot spawntable.

Any ideas?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #232258

D&B wrote:Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make sand golems the cheapest golems to produce and the ones that counter colossus the hardest?
The different golem types do different shit now? Is a scooter still the best golem strat?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #232259

D&B wrote:Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make sand golems the cheapest golems to produce and the ones that counter colossus the hardest?
The real question is why are ghost roles allow to take content away from miners.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #232278

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:Because who gives a fuck about colossi? Their loot is useless.
Oh yeah I mentioned that earlier but forgot to come up with something nice to add to his loot spawntable.

Any ideas?

Go along with the "Angel" motif from NGE.

Ethereal Angel Wings: Consume X, gain a pair of angel wings that are not blocked by hardsuits and work in space. Just a direct upgrade from regular tendril loot, but it fits the theme and is useful all around.

S2 Organ: Requires surgery to implant it, but grants a massive array of bonuses.

Angel Mask: Lets you throw a colossus knife on a moderate cooldown, and is fused to the face.

Cursed Plugsuit: Purple and green, wearing this makes you whine instead of talk, but grants you crazy powers in exchange for turning into tang if you die while wearing it.
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
The real question is why are ghost roles allow to take content away from miners.
I see no problem with golems fighting megas. They are at a penalty for all things mining, and have to slowly build their way up towards being able to do what miners can do right at the start. And if those ghosts start goleming by mid round, the miners should be pretty much set for life with anything required from the station, outside of the rare nice stuff, like Dark Blue slime.

And as a miner, I am always happy to help the golems, and enlist their help. Some of my best hunts have been with a hogpog of golems and sentient mining drones. If they kill an ash drake, they are honestly welcome to the loot crate since they can't even use the armor, which is the true prize from the drake, and I believe in "Keep what you kill unless you can't use it, then share" when it comes to ash land loot.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #232282

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:take content away
What did he mean by this?
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #232287

Kor wrote:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:take content away
What did he mean by this?
I believe he was referring to the fact that only so many megas spawn per round, so if golems kill all the megas then the miners won't have megas to fight

Not that it matters because rounds are too short at the moment for most people to gear up to fight megas because the shuttle gets called within 20 minutes
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #232486

Side note from the topic at hand:

REMOVE WISHGRANTER RUIN. In all my time as a miner, I have not seen a single miner attempt to clear the ruins and claim their wish. The complex is also FUCKING HUGE and displaces a lot of potential useful loot and minerals miners would actually want to see.

I've been on a map that had TWO of them in fact.
letshavecake
Byond Username: Letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #232504

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:Side note from the topic at hand:

REMOVE WISHGRANTER RUIN. In all my time as a miner, I have not seen a single miner attempt to clear the ruins and claim their wish. The complex is also FUCKING HUGE and displaces a lot of potential useful loot and minerals miners would actually want to see.

The wish granter isn't even worth it
Even most badmins stopped spawning it for "events" after the novelty wore off
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #232516

letshavecake wrote:
Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:Side note from the topic at hand:

The wish granter isn't even worth it
Even most badmins stopped spawning it for "events" after the novelty wore off
What wishes does it even grant? I took a look at the Ghost Teleport menu and theres something like 40+ Faithless in there plus other stuff.

letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #232523

Arianya wrote: What wishes does it even grant? I took a look at the Ghost Teleport menu and theres something like 40+ Faithless in there plus other stuff.
Unless it's been changed at some point since it's inception, it's all dumb stuff like giving you hulk or a bag of gold or whatever, with the "ironic twist" being that you die eventually(super creative)
You can also wish for world peace or something along those lines, which rewards your good hearted nature by doing literally nothing

Basically it's a poorly implemented idea that's been made entirely obsolete by the much better executed devil contracts
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #232525

letshavecake wrote:
Arianya wrote: What wishes does it even grant? I took a look at the Ghost Teleport menu and theres something like 40+ Faithless in there plus other stuff.
Unless it's been changed at some point since it's inception, it's all dumb stuff like giving you hulk or a bag of gold or whatever, with the "ironic twist" being that you die eventually(super creative)
You can also wish for world peace or something along those lines, which rewards your good hearted nature by doing literally nothing

Basically it's a poorly implemented idea that's been made entirely obsolete by the much better executed devil contracts
Thats genuinely awful considering how much effort you have to make to get to the Wish Granter.

Atleast comparable things that fuck you over (Sin Ruins) do so with wide open arms that punish your folly, rather then punish you for doing content.

letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #232531

Arianya wrote:
letshavecake wrote:

Thats genuinely awful considering how much effort you have to make to get to the Wish Granter.

Atleast comparable things that fuck you over (Sin Ruins) do so with wide open arms that punish your folly, rather then punish you for doing content.
Well, the positive effects you get from a wish granter generally outweigh most of the sin ruins, but yeah

Aside from the ridiculous effort required on the player's part for the poor reward, the ruin also incorporates nearly everything else someone can do wrong from a design standpoint
You've got massive hordes of enemies(not to mention that they're generic "chase the player and auto-melee them" enemies unlike everything else in lavaland), you've got your big cancer maze, followed by your big cancer open area with no landmarks where you can travel pretty far without seeing any of the edges, and there's even a fuck you trap right at the end that will delete your character if you don't know what you're doing beforehand, all contained within an unnecessarily giant building that's worth far less than the ore that would have spawned there otherwise

I would say it has no value, but it actually makes that emitter maze away mission look good by comparison, so at least there are lessons to be learned here
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #232554

letshavecake wrote:
Arianya wrote:
letshavecake wrote:

Well, the positive effects you get from a wish granter generally outweigh most of the sin ruins, but yeah

Aside from the ridiculous effort required on the player's part for the poor reward, the ruin also incorporates nearly everything else someone can do wrong from a design standpoint
You've got massive hordes of enemies(not to mention that they're generic "chase the player and auto-melee them" enemies unlike everything else in lavaland), you've got your big cancer maze, followed by your big cancer open area with no landmarks where you can travel pretty far without seeing any of the edges, and there's even a fuck you trap right at the end that will delete your character if you don't know what you're doing beforehand, all contained within an unnecessarily giant building that's worth far less than the ore that would have spawned there otherwise

I would say it has no value, but it actually makes that emitter maze away mission look good by comparison, so at least there are lessons to be learned here
I remember when the wishgranter first appeared the entire station went in that fucking thing and everyone died. What wishes can the thing even grant?
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
D&B

Post by D&B » #232558

Off the top of my head.

Kill someone
Peace kills all remaining monsters in the labyrinth
Power gives you genetics powers
Life I think let's you resurrect
Money was a bag of gold I think.

And they all turn you into a shadow being
Spoiler:
fuck you
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #232603

D&B wrote:Off the top of my head.

Kill someone
Peace kills all remaining monsters in the labyrinth
Power gives you genetics powers
Life I think let's you resurrect
Money was a bag of gold I think.

And they all turn you into a shadow being
Why don't we just make it a free devil contract
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #232660

Power gives you a couple of genetic powers but also laser eyes which can't be obtained anywhere else outside of wizard powers and adminbuse
Life gives you a weird ling resurrect that you can use for free with pretty much no tell
I think there's one called Murder that gives you traitor status
Riches which I think unless it was nerfed gives a locker with two 50 stacks of every obtainable material in the game including rods
^all of those also set your race to shadow person, so you heal in darkness but take damage in the light.
Peace doesn't make you a shadow person, but all it does is kill all the faithless, which you already kill most of just to get to the wishgranter.

I think there are multiple types of wishgranter so I could be wrong but I don't know
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #232662

okay those are actually really good, no complaints.
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #232686

Bear in mind, to get any of those powers you need to hurl a sentient mob into Meatgrinder, forcing two people to go through this, and only one of them gets the reward. There are no ways past Meatgrinder without a sacrifice.

Put it back in space so people who really, really want to get it have the chance. It's a massive waste of space in mining as it stands.
D&B

Post by D&B » #232732

Honestly the Drake should only drop enough materials for one Drake suit.
Spoiler:
fuck you
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #232733

I need to fix the drake doing literally no damage with its fire attack it's really sad.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #232766

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:Bear in mind, to get any of those powers you need to hurl a sentient mob into Meatgrinder, forcing two people to go through this, and only one of them gets the reward. There are no ways past Meatgrinder without a sacrifice.

Put it back in space so people who really, really want to get it have the chance. It's a massive waste of space in mining as it stands.
Can you cheese it with a pAI? They're technically a sentient mob.

christ110
Byond Username: Christ110

Post by christ110 » #232867

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:Bear in mind, to get any of those powers you need to hurl a sentient mob into Meatgrinder, forcing two people to go through this, and only one of them gets the reward. There are no ways past Meatgrinder without a sacrifice.

What about using telescience to get to it?