Buff Floorbots

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Buff Floorbots

Post by Zilenan91 » #161161

volvo pls

They can't do anything. Their one job, repairing floors, requires floor tiles for them to do in the first place, and at that point it would be faster to repair the floor yourself because you already have the floortiles, and it takes them like a minute just to repair one tile

When emagged they're even more pathetic, sometimes taking up to 5 minutes just to strip one tile to space, but the majority of the time they can't even manage that, their retarded robot brains completely dying as they sit stock still.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: Buff Floorbots

Post by Gun Hog » #161165

I could probably look into this. Not sure if making them infinite or regenerating is an answer, some jerkface would use them as a source of metal or such.

As for emagging, I could adjust the 'break plating to space' chance as well.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #161166

Goon has them just leave a line of space behind them as they move. Mimic that.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #161167

Theres much easier ways to get infinite metal than waiting for floorbots to cover 4 tiles, prying it up, then welding it for a single sheet.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #161168

Make them infinite who cares, it's just metal. It should have much more lethality when emagged too.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #161172

Yeah make em infinite they are still slow. Main application would be putting plate on space the you can't retrieve that anyway.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #161176

It's not like engineer borgs can fabricate metal and glass easily
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #161183

If infinite metal is such an issue make them place a new floortile type that's flimsy and breaks when pried up
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #161186

It's not an issue though, floortiles give like zero metal in lathes or whatever.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #161188

Zilenan91 wrote:It's not an issue though, floortiles give like zero metal in lathes or whatever.
While I agree it's not an issue, you are mistaken in that stack of four floortiles can be welded into a metal sheet.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #161192

Such tiny amounts you could just flub it as the floorbot scrapped a little metal shavings off other tiles like total non issue.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #161260

If the maintainers (the people I have to get to agree with my PR) do not have a problem with removing the amount limits on floorbots, then I would be happy to do it.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #161261

Securitrons have infinite power, medbots have infinite medicine, cleanbots have infinite soap. Why shouldn't floorbots have infinite tiles?
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #161296

Floor tiles have two uses. Flooring/Fixing breaches and ghetto throwing stars.

Scrapping tiles together for metal would be more labor intensive then actually going out to the mine and getting 25+ ore to do what ever autism you need it for.

A *NICER* addition for floor bots would be for Engineers/AI to remote control them through PDA or AI-Commands. Navigate and autolay down floor tiles in a breached or dangerous environment, if all the suits are gone then that engineer left out would have a chance to help fix the breach while waiting for slowmos to kick in.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Buggy
Byond Username: Buggy1234

Post by Buggy » #161354

I'm bored and also permabanned so I did this: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/16077