There needs to be more blood packs in Medbay surgery

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

There needs to be more blood packs in Medbay surgery

Post by Zilenan91 » #162871

There being only one for every blood type which is only barely enough blood to fill up one guy is kinda stupid. Makes it so you're incentivized to succumb so you don't lose all your blood rather than staying in crit. There needs to be at least two for every type.

Based off of a round where the CE took the only blood pack of my blood type and I was KO'd or in crit in medbay for around 10 minutes
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: There needs to be more blood packs in Medbay surgery

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #162872

Iron pills+antitoxin+epi is a decent mix for getting people up in these sorts of situations.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #162875

A chemist existed that round but he was killing traitors and being the hero the station deserved so he couldn't make iron. A MD eventually made Iron and got me out of crit but it was still annoying as hell.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #162876

You don't always have to take the blood pack of your type; in an emergency, any works (just have lots of charcoal for the blood poisoning), or you can use a chart to check if your blood type is compatible with the pack.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #162878

TheNightingale wrote:You don't always have to take the blood pack of your type; in an emergency, any works (just have lots of charcoal for the blood poisoning), or you can use a chart to check if your blood type is compatible with the pack.
I took a-. I was a+. I ded. blood is broken.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #163106

bump pls I want to be able to sit in crit without fucking myself
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #163132

>medbay fell apart because people stopped doing their jobs

This sounds good though? The rest of medbay should be more like this
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #163133

No Kor, I've literally never survived bloodloss, I either die of blood poisoning or spend the rest of the round collapsing from lack of blood while incompetent medbay staff dump me into the sleepers over and over.
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #163136

Bloodpacks are broken right now, and have been for a long time. Its incredibly irritating because people think you're a shit Doctor for not giving blood, but half the time I give the right type and they have a tranfusion reaction anyway. For example, I should /never/ have a patient having a transfusion reaction when I'm giving then O negative blood. But it keeps happening.

On the amount of blood note... Use a chart. There is plenty of blood in there. If you're A positive, you can receive A positive, A negative, O positive, or O negative. If you're AB positive, you can receive literally anything. If you're really in that big of a drought, and have used up a ton of packs, have a blood drive. We don't need more blood stocked when theres plenty already and theres plenty more walking around. Although I will say, having the ability to label blood packs once you've refilled them with different blood would be very nice.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #163137

Yeah it just forces you to succumb so you don't have literally zero blood that Medbay can't replace.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Sweaterkittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #163145

Yeah absolutely, but that's because of an actual bug, rather than being an issue with the amount of blood in medbay. Like Kor said, having things fall apart and get rough because you ran through almost 10 packs of blood is a good thing, it puts you in crisis mode and makes things fun.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #163149

There's only like one blood back for each blood type though, so if someone else uses your blood type you're fucked
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Sweaterkittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #163153

Thats just not true though. Unless you're O negative, you always have at least one other type that you can receive. Lemme break it down for you. O type blood is more like a lack of a type than its own. Any other type of blood can receive O type blood. The +/- indicates the rh factor. If you have a Positive type blood, you can receive negative, but not vice-versa. So if you have A+, you can receive A-. You can also receive both + and - O type blood. Like I said, if you're really tight on blood, have some people with universal donor (O-) come and donate, but I'm really of the mindset that if you're smart with how its used (and the fucking blood bug gets fixed) you'll rarely have an issue, and if you do, its easily fixable
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #163154

I try to harvest more blood from monkeypeople, catatonics and even corpses if I'm desperate but some fucker always drags them away or I get tased for "trying to kill someone".

Is there a synthblood reaction? That would be better than trying and failing to harvest it
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #163162

nah but blood is legit bugged, go onto a game right now and spawn humans until you get somebody that's A+/A-/B+/B- and give them their respective blood type, they get hella poisoned
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Sweaterkittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #163167

Frankly, in regards to donation, people need to lose blood from trauma and bleeding faster, but you need to not suffer the severe effects that you currently do when you've only lost a little. Donating blood is a problem because typically taking ONE pack of blood will put your donor in just as bad of a spot as the guy you're hoping to give it to, making the whole process a little silly. You should be able to donate a pack of blood without anything really bad happening to you (passing out/severe o2 damage). It would require a little bit of adjusting to the rate at which you lose blood, and at what point you start suffering the effects, but I really think that it would improve the system overall. (also being able to relabel blood bags)

I don't think anyone is arguing that blood isn't bugged right now, Pk
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #163174

You should regen a little bit of blood over time no matter what, like 1% every 3 minutes or so
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #163224

Dead people should bleed a bit anyway if they've got the appropriate wounds. The idea of succumbing to avoid blood loss entirely is a bit ridiculous, especially given you can't defib someone after 2 minutes anyway.
Zilenan91 wrote:You should regen a little bit of blood over time no matter what, like 1% every 3 minutes or so
You do, or at least so long as you're not already hungry. Nutriment isn't hard to find to get more.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #163240

so I checked the code and if the -/+ don't match at all they're incompatible full stop

A takes AO
B takes BO
O takes O only

AB is a universal recipient

Does that sound correct?

Edit: apparently the species of the blood must match, so no human-> lizard transfusions etc.
Sweaterkittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #163296

@oranges:

Are you asking if that's correct as in: is that how it's working in-game?

It could be. It would explain why giving O negative blood to someone can cause a transfusion reaction, when it should always be compatible.

Or are you asking if that's correct as in: is that how it works in real life?

If so, then no, that's not how it works in real life. Negative blood is always compatible with positive blood, but not vice versa.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #163332

that's what I meant to ask you yeah.

I'm going to take a look at the blood system and see where I get.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #163360

Thank you oranges you citrus-scented savior of medbay. I get upset when people complain medical doctors do not help them when no one wants to play medical doctor anymore because all our effective treatments get nerfed, everyone breaks in and gets in our way trying to treat themselves/murder someone we are treating, and calls us all stutterers.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #163361

Yeah, CMO should be organizing blood drives and putting in some work to make medbay well stocked. This complaint is like asking for engineering to start with the singularity set up because you dont want an engineer to accidentally release it and kill you. We want more for medbay to do, not less
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #163393

I've never liked bloodloss. Get glomped once in xenobio and bleed a little and WELP INTERMITTENTLY STUNNED FOR THE REST OF THE GAME

More complex systems is cool and all but this is straight up retarded.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #163402

Give people without gauze to stop bleeding by cutting off their jumpsuit sleeves and using it as a rag or cauterizing themselves with a welding tool for 25 burn damage or some shit.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #163433

Wyzack wrote:Yeah, CMO should be organizing blood drives and putting in some work to make medbay well stocked. This complaint is like asking for engineering to start with the singularity set up because you dont want an engineer to accidentally release it and kill you. We want more for medbay to do, not less

Literally the only person who could get people to listen to them at all as a CMO is Shaps, and one person isn't playing CMO all the time. Blood drives just won't happen.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #163516

Medbay should start with only empty blood packs, but a lot of them.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #163517

Medbay should start with a bit more blood

But yeah, maybe throw empty blood packs in the medivends so you can get a whole bunch of spare blood if you feel inclined to do it
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #163567

Wait wait wait, someone literally designed a system where O- blood poisons people? AB+ can get poisoned at all? What fucking ass backwards creationist, flat-earthing, science-is-a-lie dumb mother fucker put that in place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_typ ... ccomp_27-0

The positive or negative in blood types represent the presence of Rh(D) with the absence of the Rh markers makes you more compatible donor. Injecting Rh positive blood into a negative reciever would cause bad reaction as their white blood cells try to purge the incompatible blood, but doing the opposite would receive no response from the immune system.

If we are going to make a species barrier between Lizards, Humans, Flys and Plasmens we need to have markers or indicators for the blood type and extra bags for each race. If nobody is willing to do that extra work or allow medical to have the needed supplies, then all species should be compatible with each other provided their ABO is compatible.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #163568

It's strange that lizards can't accept human blood and vice versa already since they can literally accept each other's entire organs
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote: