Shipping datums feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Shipping datums feedback

Post by Tornadium » #164290

This is fun and all, especially the meme-porter but can you please remove weapons and the like from the menu options?

Having a 30 man revolution armed with Combat Shotguns in the first 3 minutes of a round is kinda insane.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Stock Exchange Feedback

Post by iamgoofball » #164295

This is shipping datums, not stocks
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #164441

How on god's green motherfucking earth is the sell a porter or what the fuck ever supposed to anything other than a greytide beam? What in the actual fucking fuck.

EDIT: The fucking beam sprite is goddamn money. Is this just some lame april fools joke that got merged early?
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #164454

iamgoofball wrote:This is shipping datums, not stocks
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Shipping datums feedback

Post by lumipharon » #164512

Goof I don't care which one it is, but it's dumb.

You can just run around and functionally delete any item for MADDOSH, so yes it is a griefmachine. It's also unbalanced as fuck, I was in botany and I had some cargo tech come in, grow a bunch of coffee, and sell a pile of COFFEE seeds for like 500k spacebucks or whatever the fuck it is. It wasn't even the ephedrine coffee, just the shit stuff.

And being able to import in specific items completely negates the whole idea of ID locked crates, which is very, very dumb.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #164562

What about you putting secure items in a lockbox
The future is horrible!
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #164571

I was told by Kor it was all one commit, so meh feedback for both will do.

Regardless the Sell-A-Porter or whatever is entirely just used for memes and grief, like selling the entire armory to fuck with security.

The instant access to any weapons and resources also completely breaks cargo and the game. Rev right now is literally 5 minutes in length because revs have combat shotguns and perhaps 10-15 people before 2 minutes have passed.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #164574

Tornadium wrote:I was told by Kor it was all one commit, so meh feedback for both will do.
It was, but it got split up so we could have stocks (which are good) without shipping datums (which are bad).
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #164632

Shipping datums are good, but they need sane numbers and it needs to be seriously limited what can be exported.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #164635

It was better when it just modified the prices of buying items and selling items. Pretty cool tho.
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G