Dismemberment feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Dismemberment feedback

Post by confused rock » #174918

Bottom post of the previous page:

What if you could make makeshift peg legs out of rods and hook hands out of botany cultivators
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #174919

I'm starting to see potential is what if.
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #174927

The unloved rock wrote:What if you could make makeshift peg legs out of rods and hook hands out of botany cultivators
i'm hoping stuff like this is possible. i haven't had the chance to look into it yet, but actual limb replacements would be a really good system for stuff like this (and it would be good to move stuff like mounted chainsaws to it too). no promises that it can be done, but if it can, i'll try to tackle it.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #175266

add a chem that paralyzes temporarily so you have your temporary dismemberment ish thingy
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #175542

I'm curious, how has the implementation of this changed medical and/or robotics? Permanent injuries are a massive buff to those departments
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #175704

Saegrimr wrote:
Jacough wrote:I can finally play as Mr. Handy the helpful armless clown again whoo!
The unloved rock wrote:Wheelchairs when?
Remind me to do a clown gimmick if they get added where I cut both my legs off, get in a wheelchair and go around the station begging for various things while telling people I used to be a proud member of the ERT security force until a rogue mime sliced my legs off with an esaber
/vg/ lets you start without certain limbs or prosthetic limbs.
I'd usually just sign up as an armless legless assistant and be a really big pAI without the cool features.

Chef grabbed me, showed me how to make spaghetti, then force fed me spaghetti for about half an hour.
I played a legless paramedic on some server a few times. Whenever there was an emergency I would slowly wheel my chair down the halls toward it while shouting in a megaphone. It was a no fun allowed server though so admins got mad and wanted to know why a legless guy signed up for a quick response job. I told them I self identified as a guy with both his legs and logged.
--Crocodillo

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #175710

Baystation everybody, literally no fun allowed
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #175711

Broken Bottles should be able to dismember people
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #175823

Zilenan91 wrote:Broken Bottles should be able to dismember people
but they're a stabby weapon not a slashy weapon
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #175825

So are spears
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #175845

I wish runtime and ian were not simple mobs and you could graft their bodyparts onto humans. Basically leading putting poor dead ians limbs and head on an assistant torso reviving it somehow and returning him to the hop.

Just this crawling torso yapping at him. Pet limbs should make you capable of moving while prone by the way.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #175866

Incomptinence wrote:I wish runtime and ian were not simple mobs and you could graft their bodyparts onto humans. Basically leading putting poor dead ians limbs and head on an assistant torso reviving it somehow and returning him to the hop.

Just this crawling torso yapping at him. Pet limbs should make you capable of moving while prone by the way.
Frankenstein???
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #176169

My own version updated the health doll on the side of the screen if a limb went missing, I'll see about converting that code to this system. I have the sprites anyway now, so...

Also I think it would be neat if you could start with robotic limbs that are very basic, maybe they take double or even triple damage but in return you can fix them with tools.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #176173

Ricotez wrote:My own version updated the health doll on the side of the screen if a limb went missing, I'll see about converting that code to this system. I have the sprites anyway now, so...

Also I think it would be neat if you could start with robotic limbs that are very basic, maybe they take double or even triple damage but in return you can fix them with tools.
Bay-tier toasters when?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #176548

DemonFiren wrote:
Ricotez wrote:My own version updated the health doll on the side of the screen if a limb went missing, I'll see about converting that code to this system. I have the sprites anyway now, so...

Bay-tier toasters when?
>bay

don't trigger me
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #176837

Have we had any sec cutting off a thiefs hand?
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #176974

Lost my hand in a meth cooking incident. Robotics finally have something to do now.
Bring back papercult.