Peacekeeper Borgs

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Peacekeeper Borgs

Post by DemonFiren » #176558

Bottom post of the previous page:

>to help sec
You mean, to prevent sec from committing harm.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #176560

No, to help sec, keeps the humans forced to accept hugs untill the handcuffs of fun come!

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #176562

Ah, so "play peacekeeper borgs the exact same way that got secborgs removed".

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #176563

I wasn't here for secborgs, so.
All I know is that I'll hug the life out of everyone and forcefeed them cookies.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #176564

What got secborgs removed was the fact that instead of following their laws, they spent their time hunting antags and turning a blind eye whenever sec harmed humans.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #176568

Silicons were not cracking down on sec properly because there was an explicit policy to not obstruct the entire sec force when they are painting the town red.

You catch them harming you lock down the brig you get banned.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #176570

yackemflam wrote:This ain`t about me.
I haven`t gotten robusted by a peacekeeper borg yet. I know how to kill secretly and all. I`m doing this for the server.
so this entire fucking argument, this whole derail in this thread, is about some possible hypothetical maybe-scenario that's already rulebreaking and you literally just made the fuck up to support your already-made-up mind

"doing it for the server" my ass

fuck off

"feedback" should at least focus on discussing things that actually happened.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #176571

That wasnt the policy at all.

Policy was "S. Hithead the detective shoots a guy to death -> Lock down brig and set whole of sec to arrest -> banned"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #176575

Incomptinence wrote:Silicons were not cracking down on sec properly because there was an explicit policy to not obstruct the entire sec force when they are painting the town red.

You catch them harming you lock down the brig you get banned.
I play HoS frequently, and this is bullshit. Silicons will gladly shut down sec for one tiny incident and get away scot free
dionysus24779
Byond Username: Dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #176586

We are getting off track, but it's true that it's BS that secborgs always supported Sec even if it went against their laws.

Silicons and Security being at each others throat was a really regular thing. The brig might have not been locked down often, but the AI and Borgs would refuse to help Sec anymore, they would drag away people from them and even arrest members of Security.

And this happened often...
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #176587

Well I am glad it hasn't stopped happening another policy not applied I guess.
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #176596

Seems when a peacekeeper when hugging you non bear hug, it says it wrong
"
You pet H.O.N.K.A.T.R.O.N. (me to borg)
You hug Jayne Staymates to make her feel better! (borg to me)
"

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #176603

Also did the panda-borgs break energy weapons?
dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #176617

Was the test delayed because of bugs?

Because I'm really disappointed the test only lasted an afternoon.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #176635

After playing a round as one they don't really feel OP at all. As soon as a traitor had sunglasses and a gun, I could barely do anything against him. Harm alarm was the only thing I could sort of rely on but that gets countered by bowman headsets I think (need to test that) and only just annoyed them.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #176641

dionysus24779 wrote:Was the test delayed because of bugs?

Because I'm really disappointed the test only lasted an afternoon.
Still on basil
dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #176646

It's asinine to only test it on one server...
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #176648

Alipheese wrote:Cute as all hell, makes me actually want to borg every round. Love the hugging module to death. Cookie dispenser is cute. Human harm speaker is cute. Sign is nice to help block off ways to help sec. Haven't needed to use the hypospray so no feeling on it yet. Snare effective and quirky, I like it. 10/10 Modules.
But,
Recharge at about 1/6th rate as normal borgs. With 15k battery took around 25+~ minutes to fully charge from 500charge, in lowpop its fine but on a highpop, you go do some peacekeeping and you'll be out for the rest of the round.

Will continue to play and edit if I find anything else of interest to add.
Oh shit, that recharge time
I haven't been able to play it but I guess you can dodge the recharge time by just asking the roboticist for a new battery
from what I hear, the problems that I thought would arise have not so yay boogie borg
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #176667

Armhulen wrote:
Alipheese wrote:Cute as all hell, makes me actually want to borg every round. Love the hugging module to death. Cookie dispenser is cute. Human harm speaker is cute. Sign is nice to help block off ways to help sec. Haven't needed to use the hypospray so no feeling on it yet. Snare effective and quirky, I like it. 10/10 Modules.
But,
Recharge at about 1/6th rate as normal borgs. With 15k battery took around 25+~ minutes to fully charge from 500charge, in lowpop its fine but on a highpop, you go do some peacekeeping and you'll be out for the rest of the round.

Will continue to play and edit if I find anything else of interest to add.
Oh shit, that recharge time
I haven't been able to play it but I guess you can dodge the recharge time by just asking the roboticist for a new battery
from what I hear, the problems that I thought would arise have not so yay boogie borg
Seems the charge time is NOT unique to the peacekeeper borgs. everything is super slow charging.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #176671

As I'm pleased to learn, it seems like the issue with Secborgs genuinely was the "security" part and not the "borg" part- the new name and nonthreatening sprite have directed player behavior as I hoped they would.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #176676

Then maybe we should really give the old Secborg a new color and different name and test how that would go over as well though.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #176678

>these will just validhunt and encourage the shitty "gotta prevent harm and not do what my module was designed for!" silicon mentality!
Luke Cox wrote:PK, none of your concerns have actually materialized in practice.
>literally the third post in this thread is my concern materializing in practice
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #176684

PKPenguin321 wrote:>these will just validhunt and encourage the shitty "gotta prevent harm and not do what my module was designed for!" silicon mentality!
Luke Cox wrote:PK, none of your concerns have actually materialized in practice.
>literally the third post in this thread is my concern materializing in practice

The third post was admitted to be a hypothetical scenario, not something that actually happened.
yackemflam wrote:
This ain`t about me.
I haven`t gotten robusted by a peacekeeper borg yet. I know how to kill secretly and all. I`m doing this for the server.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #176688

ah ah you right
but still though it'll happen, just because it's not happened yet (and before it's even been officially merged at that) does not mean the wall of concerns are suddenly invalidated
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #176697

They definitely aren't, but I think that the testmerge was promising enough that this is worth trying out for a longer period.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #176712

If you genuinely believe that harm stopping borg 2.0 isn't going to end up being used like harm stopping borg 1.0 then you must be retarded.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #176713

Scott wrote:If you genuinely believe that harm stopping borg 2.0 isn't going to end up being used like harm stopping borg 1.0 then you must be retarded.
You physically can't. The borg has no stuns or restraining. It can only confuse, slow and put up barriers.

it's basically more like a crowd disperser if anything
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #176714

That is not the point at all.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #176715

Then explain your point better.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #176717

I am not going to repeat myself.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #176739

The frustration from sec Borgs was that people would play it to valid hunt under the guise of preventing harm.

What this adds is a sec Borg that is less strong, but still annoying because it exists to harass you physically for harm.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #176745

Scott wrote:I am not going to repeat myself.
Then you don't get to bitch.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #176902

Hi. I'm currently working on fixing things liiiike the hug messages ignoring bowman and emailed module balance .
Emagged. Not emailed typing. On phone.
:^]
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #176956

TechnoAlchemist wrote:The frustration from sec Borgs was that people would play it to valid hunt under the guise of preventing harm.

What this adds is a sec Borg that is less strong, but still annoying because it exists to harass you physically for harm.
Then by your logic we should just remove the AI altogether, since they do that anyways. Spoiler alert it wasn't well received
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #176957

How dare the machine that's programmed to not want harm to come to the station validhunt, woah man that's unheard of man
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #176976

remove AI but keep borgs 2016
engiborgs that actually engineer, mediborgs that actually heal, the whole shebang
it would be the ideal implementation

(that or you faggots could stop screeching "THE MAIN PURPOSE IS TO PREVENT HARM AND VALIDHUNT HOW DARE YOU GET OFFENDED THAT I'M ACTIVELY MAKING THE GAME LESS FUN")
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #176977

Didn't that just cause every borg to get robo-copped basically every round? Since there was no AI to defend/monitor the upload, anyone could basically go in whenever they wanted. Turrets aren't that hard to get around, even without traitor gear - you just need enough metal to make some unanchored computer frames to block the shots, or an RPED. Or a smoke grenade.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #177018

Anonmare wrote:Didn't that just cause every borg to get robo-copped basically every round? Since there was no AI to defend/monitor the upload, anyone could basically go in whenever they wanted. Turrets aren't that hard to get around, even without traitor gear - you just need enough metal to make some unanchored computer frames to block the shots, or an RPED. Or a smoke grenade.
that's the other factor.

Secborgs set to the valadin and validcop lawsets got to go full retard with cuffs and memebeams, what the hell is humpty dumpty gonna do? At least an engieborg can RCD up a makeshift cell to wall someone in.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #177023

What all is left to do on these? If we can get the snares working they should be more or less finished.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #177084

Can we just code it so that PKPenguin321 can literally teleport every time they play so they stop taking the concept of harm prevention so personally?
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #177220

Make it so that PK has random seizures if any are in play and gets gibbed if he stays in proximity to one for too long.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #177235

make it so luke cox and incomptinence can actually read through their blind rage towards anybody that disagrees with them
Spoiler:
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #177329

bad borgies
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #177379

Sooo...when are we getting secborgs back?
Eaglendia
Byond Username: Eaglendia

Post by Eaglendia » #177382

firecage wrote:Sooo...when are we getting secborgs back?
when this server's playerbase improves (never)
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Millian MacTavish • Braids Grenades • Eliott Graves • Tyrell Stone
In-game trialmin; certified boomer.
Be rational, be responsible, and be excellent to eachother.
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Trialmin ReviewAlways better, never perfect.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #177386

Peacekeeper Borgs are just Secborgs 2.0, but with crappier gear and the same obnoxious cockblocking attitudes to sec.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #177405

Those obnoxious cockblocking attitudes are half the point tbh, and are what makes peacekeepers fun.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #178148

Ugh not this catch 22 shit.

OH I SAW THE BORG FAIL TO STOP SEC KILLING REMOVE IT!
THE BORG TRIED TO STOP ME KILLING AS AN OFFICER REMOVE IT!
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #178150

I initially looked at the arguments against this with an open mind but they're getting more and more braindead by the week. We have tried these, none of the concerns have materialized. Put an in-game poll up during the next test and settle it once and for all.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #178173

Please remove this fucking meme 'prevent harm' law and replace it with 'do no harm' so borgs stop memeing all over the gamemodes when they're glorified Santa's elves
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #178189

Incomptinence wrote:Ugh not this catch 22 shit.

OH I SAW THE BORG FAIL TO STOP SEC KILLING REMOVE IT!
THE BORG TRIED TO STOP ME KILLING AS AN OFFICER REMOVE IT!
both of those arguments come from different perspectives, not the same person. saying that they do is (say it with me) s t r a w m a n
Spoiler: