PSA: Codewords are now always given to everyone

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

PSA: Codewords are now always given to everyone

Post by Miauw » #13371

what it says on the tin
spread the word, work togheter with your fellow tators and make rounds more interesting

(oh and kneel before me and kiss my feet for i am the grand master of yeah whatever just say thank you for making this change pretty please i need attention)
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: PSA: Codewords are now always given to everyone

Post by paprika » #13374

Miauw sucks tbh
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Kaizo
Byond Username: Kaizo45

Post by Kaizo » #13429

nah you suck
why should some traitors get randomly isolated because they don't get half of the words or any at all
The sense of accomplishment working alone and succeeding I guess but watching traitors unknowingly kill each other because nobody bothers with the words out of paranoia or a lack of code words kills a bit of the social side of being a traitor, because you get less ability to cooperate with or work against other people

cock
Fcuk you
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #13441

I would pay TC's for an implant that lets me identify other traitors.

I bomb myself during most potato rounds because playing solo murderboner has gotten old for me. It's the TEAM antag stuff that still gives me a chub.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #13526

+1 to implant. An implant to let you see any other traitor with an implant. Also good for letting an emagged borg or traitor AI identify you as well. Obviously a big risk to take, because there is always that one guy that will e-sword you for extra loot. There is nothing stopping a jerkbag from calling Sec on your or calling out the rogue AI/borgs! It is the same as the risk in giving your name out during Changeling rounds. Sometimes you gain a best friend. Others turn you into food!
Perakp
Byond Username: Perakp

Post by Perakp » #13630

Oldman Robustin wrote:I would pay TC's for an implant that lets me identify other traitors.
Gun Hog wrote:+1 to implant. An implant to let you see any other traitor with an implant.
I tried to do this last year but the code wasn't too well thought out and people didn't think the item would be used.
If the implant allowed to see all other traitors, it would be borderline overpowered. If the implant shows other traitors who have taken the implant aswell, it's a gamble that other traitors also choose to take it. It's a gamble that other traitors don't just drop the implant for security to use against you.

Here's a link for the pull request
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/1700
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #13702

You could make the implant or other detection item have the TC cost, but the beacon free to use. It could just be an option at the top of the uplink menu, a sort of 'suit sensors' for traitors. You could even make the whole thing free to use, as a beacon found in the uplink. If a traitor gets his uplink stolen...well that is just part of the risk! And risk is good.