Cherry bombs could use a small nerf

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Cherry bombs could use a small nerf

Post by iamgoofball » #186103

Bottom post of the previous page:

lumipharon wrote:Blackpowder is terrible for small explosivess though. There's a huge ass delay after the reaction occurs - enough time to clear the screen and lube up your harmbaton.
this is why you light the reaction THEN throw the cherries
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #186139

alright lets not fly off the handle here.

I merge most of Xhuis pr's because I know that he is responsive to feedback about how powerful something is and my philosophy is that the best way to elicit decent feedback is to put the item in front of your face and force you to eat it.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #186159

oranges wrote:alright lets not fly off the handle here.

I merge most of Xhuis pr's because I know that he is responsive to feedback about how powerful something is and my philosophy is that the best way to elicit decent feedback is to put the item in front of your face and force you to eat it.
it'd be nicer if before he responds to the feedback he refrains from calling everyone idiots and telling us we're lying because he misread the explosion code m'man, and then call us all lazy because we refuse to fix/rebalance his code for him

xhuis, you should see if Bethesda is hiring coders.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #186250

You can stop complaining now, the bombs are reverted. I called you idiots because you saw a post with no evidence and went along with it. They were not more powerful than minibombs, although they came close.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #186252

it's a recurring thing with you that you seem to have a hostile attitude towards other people and I think you should really try to improve your relationship with other members of this community instead of lashing out at criticism like that.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #186256

mfw when people say that Xhuis has a hostile attitude Image
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #186257

yes, he does.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #186269

My first post in this thread:
Xhuis wrote:Hi - maker of cherry bombs here. I didn't think of the plant bag when I made this - sorry! I'll have a nerf up soon enough, but I think that the explosion power can stay. Chemistry can already produce better with much less effort.
Responses included:
PKPenguin321 wrote:>carrot shivs are debated and detested because 12 throwforce would make them OP, despite not fitting in plant bags
>merged after much conflict and there were no balance problems
>literal bombs added to botany that you can fit 50 of into a bag
>no question about merging and has balance problems

YES I AM UPSET
Zilenan91 wrote:I'm 99% sure these were hidden behind something else so they'd be merged because I don't remember them in any PRs
So I said:
Xhuis wrote:It also stated that there were new plants, and this rumor about the strength of a minibomb is false. It is less destructive than a minibomb at 100 potency - the only thing that it has more of is light damage (broken floor tiles). Please stop spreading misinformation.
To which I got:
J_Madison wrote:Another horribly broken feature by Xhuis.

Do you even test this shit dude. I'm gonna start Pulling reverts on your shit if you don't fix it.

First it's Shadowling that you did shit for tests and resulted in being disabled because thralls got undodgable and unreduceable 15 second stuns and mutes, then refused to change it.

Then it's your shitty alcohol update that make 30u of alcohol deadly. Like people were being critted/vomit stunned for shot glasses of alcohol.
Oh and you refused to fix that. Told us to suck it and we should fix it.

And now this. Do you even think to test your shit?
Steelpoint wrote:What a shit show.

Holy fuck how do you merge this shit? Do the maintainers actually LOOK at balance/item changes or do they love to shit all over someone adding TWO extra shots to a Laser Gun but are perfectly fine with growable fucking BOMBS that can be stacked to 50 units?

If I were to put up a change to give the HoS a Police Baton instead of a Stun Baton I would get 150 comments and all the maintainers shitting all over it, yet here we get a fucking PR that lets you GROW BOMBS go straight on through!

What a fucking joke.

---

Maybe next time I'll name my PR a "security refactor", add in a shit ton of minor sprite and map changes, but then bury in a small line that fucking makes Pulse Rifles standard issue for Officers.

If your going to bloody give Botanists damn Bombs to grow then maybe that shit should be in its own PR with a unique name.
So yes, when I try to be polite and instead get personally bashed, I become hostile. Not sorry.
Now then. Can we please lock this thread, seeing as cherry bombs are gone completely?
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #186271

no way this is just getting good
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #186272

1: Cherry bombs are gone, this thread is pointless

2: I'll look at making new rules against dog piling on a thread without reading it posting the same shit that was already refuted, as xhuis is right, you all are nuts and just took the chance to dog pile, didn't listen to the guy who you were complaining too when they pointed things out, corrected the facts, etc then complained that they didn't listen to you, as if that isn't ironic enough.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: