1.3* damage boost

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Damage boost like?

Yeah
8%
No
21%
Didn't notice
71%

Total votes: 24

yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

1.3* damage boost

Post by yackemflam » #206536

The server had a damage boost for a while now, did you guys like it?
Last edited by yackemflam on Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Re: 1.3* damage boost

Post by Bombadil » #206537

Third option: I didn't even notice it
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #206548

yeah it wasn't noticable
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #206557

There, a third option
'Didn't notice'
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #206559

I noticed that my BSA instacrit people instead of doing 99 damage. Please fix.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #206562

oh is this why the BSA crit me earlier

that explains some things

how long has this been running for, and why have coders not been notified? as this would explain why certain things are really overpowered right now
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #206573

It also explains why I got instacrit by one powerfist punch the other day.

So yeah. I'd say it's generally not noticeable except in the case of things that were already extremely powerful (items which probably didnt need a boost to begin with?). A 5 damage crowbar gains 1.5 damage, an esword gains 9. But at 30 damage, a default esword will crit you in 4 hits. At 39 damage it takes 3. So damage-wise it doesn't have a huge impact.

The most powerful item is a ghost sword with a lot of ghosts orbiting the user. Its 75 damage would get boosted to 97.5.

What I DID notice, actually, was the increase in fucking KOs. Knockout chance on weapons aimed at head is literally the force, aimed at the chest it's force+10. 40% vs 49% to score a knockdown in the case of an esword IS significant since they're instawins.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #206577

Someone remove the knockdown on head shit, it does not make the game nor melee fights fun
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #206596

It finally proves that ss13's combat is so unbalanced you can modify the forces by 30% and nobody even notices.
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #206603

oranges wrote:It finally proves that ss13's combat is so unbalanced you can modify the forces by 30% and nobody even notices.
But if you modified stun times by 0.5 of a second everyone would notice!
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #206608

I disabled the 30% boost because I really don't see a point in doing this "test"
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #206609

oranges wrote:It finally proves that ss13's combat is so unbalanced you can modify the forces by 30% and nobody even notices.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #206762

paprika wrote:Someone remove the knockdown on head shit, it does not make the game nor melee fights fun
Random knockouts are not fair and not balanced.
Neither are knockdowns.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #206764

If it were not for the blue space anomaly this woulda been fine. Never noticed the rest.

Guess we're all stupid for shitting on kors armor value change, if it does anything, this test proves that unless it's stuns KOs or knockdown, it's not a real fight.

we should fix that. remove tasers replace with lasers, keep the 30% damage, and make epi-pens a bit more awesome.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #206790

If you're prepared to move to lethalsec we're ready to go with you, but only if YOU'RE the one to get in shit when people get shot by sec for resisting arrest and die.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #206968

If literally nobody likes it we might as well remove it, although to be honest I didn't even notice.
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #207027

Luke, most people didnt even NOTICED. That means we need to crank it up a notch.
NSFW:
Spoiler:
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access

Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #207031

yackemflam wrote:Luke, nobody liked it so we need to do it even more
Okay then
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #207038

Luke Cox wrote:
Okay then
Look at the poll results, dipshit.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #207043

well, didn't notice is kinda skewing the results, If I could pick two I'd say I didn't notice, and I like it.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #207315

DemonFiren wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:
Okay then
Hornygranny tried this when he was sperging out with retarded tests, only with a more extreme damage boost. It was not well received.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #207323

Well, that's most likely a) because HG, and b) because that was too much.
So elevate it little by little without the influence of the code cuck.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #207327

What did this test even seek to accomplish?
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #207338

Luke Cox wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:
Okay then
Hornygranny tried this when he was sperging out with retarded tests, only with a more extreme damage boost. It was not well received.
It was not well received because that was bugged and fucked up with cloning and some other shit. This new one is working fine(except for admin BSA I think).
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #207351

ShadowDimentio wrote:What did this test even seek to accomplish?
Nothing. The code for the config was only ever test merged last time, and when it got removed nobody ever bothered to remove the line from the config text file locally.

So when the code got finished and readded that line started mattering again, but nobody bothered changing it for a week and nobody even noticed.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #207624

Perhaps in the future running tests that actually have a point would be nice.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #207631

We'd be much better off buffing injuries themselves (see the Baymed thread). A flat damage boost is haphazard and ineffective. All it means is that it takes slightly shorter to beat the guy you just slipped into crit.