Who removed chameleon boxes from nuke ops?

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Who removed chameleon boxes from nuke ops?

Post by InsaneHyena » #207727

Add them back
Bring back papercult.

Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Who removed chameleon boxes from nuke ops?

Post by Anonmare » #207790

>It's a "Let's make all Nuke OPs tactics the same" episode
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #207796

> There's no teleporter board now, so nukes can't teleport to the station
> There's no chameleon boxes, so they can't go stealth
> Even if derelict exists, nuke op ship can't dock to it

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Bring back papercult.

Isane
Byond Username: Isane

Post by Isane » #207844

You're also now unable to dye both the gloves and turtlenecks. What's the point of the box of crayons still being there with the washing machines?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #207847

Because goof made the fucking chameleon kit create

1) Invisible masks (I think this got fixed a month or two after it was removed)

2)Things like cigarettes as "masks"

This was almost entirely uncounterable without extreme metagaming since there were 0 tells to a nuke op other than not being on the manifest (and why would you constantly be checking the 50-70 people on the manifest vs every crew member if you didn't know it was nuke?). One psuedo changeling disguised guy killing the captain and then DELTA ALERT REACHED is only fun for 1 person out of 70 on the server, everyone else just did their jobs for 30 minutes before ROCKS FALL EVERYONE DIED and the rest of the ops likely didn't get to do anything.

>I can't teleport

You can drop pod now. People were just sending syndie bombs through the teleporter every round, which is again, pretty much uncounterable.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #207848

Insane aren't you the guy who used to brag about his ebin solo stealth ops? Ever consider that it was pretty shit for literally every other player including your teammates?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #207858

Stealthops is literally so easy every round I've run it it's 100% victory rate. Although I will miss my easy wins easy skins it is a good removal.
Isane
Byond Username: Isane

Post by Isane » #207859

I've done it all of two times years ago out of dozens of nuke op rounds, and realized it was shit after the first time so we just murderboned after we got the disk the second time. I'm shocked anyone actually remembers me at all.

I'm more asking what's the point of the crayons and washing machines being there if you're unable to use them.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #207862

Emergency food supply?
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #207870

Removing chameleon boxes also removes gimmicks like "we're all CC inspectors here to, uh, inspect the disk", "observe these powerful wizards as they distract the crew with smokebombs", "we're ninjas honest" (etc).
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #207873

To be honest I want to send some actual inspectors to inspect the nuke disk one of these days and tell them to act really fucking suspicious about it
killerx09
Byond Username: Killerx09

Post by killerx09 » #207876

Anonmare wrote:To be honest I want to send some actual inspectors to inspect the nuke disk one of these days and tell them to act really fucking suspicious about it
Do it.

The post on the "Awesome stories" thread or the "Stories of regret" thread, depending on how it goes.
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #208628

Anonmare wrote:To be honest I want to send some actual inspectors to inspect the nuke disk one of these days and tell them to act really fucking suspicious about it
do it on a nuke ops round
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #208630

I did that a few weeks back. They had orders to yell "THEY KNOW" and blow themselves up if confronted, and the crew went nuts
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕