Bluespace shelter capsules on station

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Bluespace shelter capsules on station

Post by Slignerd » #208843

So, it's a common meme to see those deployed in front of the Bridge, in the Chapel, or in Escape. Much like some other Lavaland memes being brought aboard the station, this meme needs to go.

Can we make bluespace capsules impossible to deploy on the station Z-level? It's pretty dumb to see those deployed in Escape and block people from the shuttle, most of the time not even by an antag.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Bluespace shelter capsules on station

Post by onleavedontatme » #208846

If people are blocking the shuttle last minute and making everyone miss it, adminhelp it.

If people are blocking the bridge hallway, get over it and grab one of the thousand welders or RCDs on the station and make a path.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #208848

Kor wrote:If people are blocking the shuttle last minute and making everyone miss it, adminhelp it.

If people are blocking the bridge hallway, get over it and grab one of the thousand welders or RCDs on the station and make a path.
See, here's the thing. It's just one of those things that leave inerasable traces behind, such as the pipes, sleepers, storage units, or other equipment those shelters are provided with.

It's still bullshit for mining shelters to be deployable on-station. If you want to quickly make a room on the station, just grab an RCD. The shelter is meant for mining, and that's where it should stay, without the ability to give other people a ton of work with removing a shelter that some chucklefuck summoned with two clicks.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #208850

Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #208851

I believe I said "pipes and sleepers".

Even then, being removable is another matter entirely. My issue with it is that it's deployable on the station in the first place - should it really be? It's for creating a shelter on Lavaland, not spamming the station with 5x5 walled rooms.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #208852

Could make it so it only works in low pressure, like most other miner gear.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #208854

Haven't tried, but does deploying a shelter not delete everything around/on that point? this would include things like piping, wires and other shit that takes ages to repair. The point is its a one click grief tool, even bombs you actually have to work for.
It doesnt really make much sense that you could deploy a shelter room ON a station either...
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #208889

>Closed
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #208971

It requires a lot of space so you can only really deploy them in front of bridge, in space, in escape, or in the chapel.

They're really cool to use when you get spaced so I hope they don't get forced to only work on lavaland, because z-level locks are generally pretty stupud.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #208974

Saegrimr wrote:
>Closed
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/17210
peoplearestrange wrote:Haven't tried, but does deploying a shelter not delete everything around/on that point? this would include things like piping, wires and other shit that takes ages to repair. The point is its a one click grief tool, even bombs you actually have to work for.
It doesnt really make much sense that you could deploy a shelter room ON a station either...
They don't delete anything.
Sligneris wrote:I believe I said "pipes and sleepers".
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/2488

2 and a half years ago
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #209034

TechnoAlchemist wrote:It requires a lot of space so you can only really deploy them in front of bridge, in space, in escape, or in the chapel.

They're really cool to use when you get spaced so I hope they don't get forced to only work on lavaland, because z-level locks are generally pretty stupud.
You could easily make space an exception. You should still be able to deploy them in space. Just not aboard the station.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #209049

Make them require unbreathable air to pop?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ergovisavi
Byond Username: Ergovisavi

Post by Ergovisavi » #209135

Ever heard of RCD's? The things you can use to wall off the fucking everything in mere moments? Or building girders?

Both of these can block off sections of the station, and are (shockingly) available all over the place. And can be dealt with via common tools, just like the shelter capsules.

My only complaint with them is that they're available in mining lockers, which means you get one (for yourself) and then 3 (from the mining station lockers) for no reason.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #209136

There's this, though:
peoplearestrange wrote:Haven't tried, but does deploying a shelter not delete everything around/on that point? this would include things like piping, wires and other shit that takes ages to repair. The point is its a one click grief tool, even bombs you actually have to work for.
It takes two clicks to fuck up a 5x5 area. RCDs have delays and limited ammo, and can be interrupted. Bluespace capsules can't. Not only that, capsules aren't really meant for construction at all. It's an item that's exclusively meant for creating a shelter on Lavaland, maybe in space sometimes.

It makes no sense to have it deployable on-station.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #209254

Just add a z-level check fluffed as a safety mechanism. If it's deployed on z=1 (the station), it fails and returns the capsule intact. Perhaps EMP it to remove the safety.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #209258

What the hell PAS, you might be buttblasted over getting blown the fuck out all over the place by Kor but that's no reason to delete my post.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #209280

You're getting annoyed about me deleting a one line troll post????
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Sidon
Byond Username: Sidon

Post by Sidon » #209283

really makes ya think huh oranges
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #209302

Wtf I #hate fruit now
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #209305

So much shitposting so quickly.

Really makes you think huh
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #209309

It honestly isn't that big of a deal.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #209319

Make it so the shelter doesn't deploy over constructed floorings. Asteroid, lavaland, space should all be fair game. Maybe this might be 'constructed' rooms, so if you make an addition on the station, it will deploy within unless you use blueprints to legitimize the area.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #209341

Id rather see shelter walls being basically tinfoil that can be bashed through by angry assistants or monsters. A self destruct/undeploy button inside the shelter that would cause the interals of a shelter to destruct and leave a small amount of metal behind would be neat. If some shit drops a shelter, kick your way in and slap the button.

Would also make lavaland a bit more dangerous if monster had a chance to bash their way in during a storm and fuck up your tea party
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #209354

Have you considered not getting upset by everything
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #209356

Only when you and others consider not being shit :^)
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #209384

Davidchan wrote: Would also make lavaland a bit more dangerous if monster had a chance to bash their way in during a storm and fuck up your tea party
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/2480

Mining monsters have been able to smash through walls since January, 2014.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #209497

Monsters bashing in through bluespace shelters during a storm kills a lot of miners because you can't navigate and your KA is still registering the pressurized environment.
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #212338

What if bluespace capsules had some kind of built-in removal function? Not a big red button anyone can hit, but like a wall-mounted panel you have to unscrew and then crowbar out. After that you can activate a "deconstruct" function and the capsule goes away.

Edit: Or those with shaft miner access can toggle button at will (in case a goliath has replaced the front door) and otherwise it takes the dismantling process or a hack.

Double edit: Oh hey davidchan beat me to it.