Stuff To Do

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Chowder McArthor
Byond Username: Chowder McArthor

Stuff To Do

Post by Chowder McArthor » #220055

Hello!
My name's Chowder McArthor. In the past, I've coded for D20, which was a NT server. Recently, as it seems to have died, I've wanted to move to another server.
Long story short, I wanted to port over some of my work, and post here to see what people would want/what's already in/what's dumb.
So, let's begin, in no particular order.
Major Things
1.) Kids
I honestly don't expect anyone to want this, but I did kids on d20, which was honestly pretty easy, and I could do them here as well. They have less health, can't wear some clothing, and tend to be more affected by chems such as booze (and can get a sugar rush).
Some screenshots; (I don't know how to do images and such)
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/ ... 219987.png
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/ ... 115873.png
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/ ... 567716.gif

2.) Pigs
Another simple thing, it's basically a meat generator - you feed pigs whatever, and they get fatter, the fatter they get, the more meat they will give, and they can breed, sacrificing some of their fat for kids.
(I don't have a screenshot for this one).

3.) Ice Mining
Something in space, it's basically a mining turf that gives ice, which can be crafted into ice things, or changed to oxygen space-engineers style.

4.) Camera Helmets
Helmet mounted cameras, so you can watch someone the way an AI can watch a borg.

5.) Any Machine Syncs
Just the ability for any machine to sync with R&D, without the need of an R&D console. This just means that like the autolathe can sync with R&D for new designs, but none of the other machines that this really applied to on d20 are here, so.

Minor Things
Autoloom - A lathe that makes clothing, uses cloth. Comes in two variants; normal, and Nanotrasen-kind, which goes in the HOP office so he can make new uniforms.
Washing out mouths - Forces someone to be unable to swear for a bit
Cell Charger Sound - Cell charger makes a sound when it's done charging
Lab Tables - Nothing special, just a black tabletop on wood, https://i.gyazo.com/fdab5128018228c5ee8 ... bfc454.png
Rabbits - They just breed, nothing too special.
Folding chairs - just chairs that can be picked up and turn into an item when done so.
Electric welding tools - Was a replacement for the (then broken) experimental welding tools, uses power cells instead of fuel.
RCDs and IRCDS - RCDs would change the little blue thing on the bottom to show how much ammo they had left, ammo could be made in small, medium, or large casings, and an Industrial RCD that could hold much more than the standard.
Flasks, Vials, and Vial Holders - Kinda like the bay ones, but the vial holder is made of wood, and has no top.
Syndicate Cheerleader Bunde - A syndicate cheerleader outfit (There's a nanotrasen one as well but not mentioning it here), flashbang, no slips, and pom-poms that have hidden blades.
Advanced Medhud - A medhud that does a scan, as if from a medical scanner, on examination. Meant to provide other kinds of upgrades instead of "This is the best one."
Janicart - Icons were done by someone else, but the code just allows it to change if it's being pushed or pulled.
Ectoplasm - Turned into a food/reagent, eating it will make you hallucinate, but you'll also be able to see ghosts. As well as some boo-berry foods.
Boo-Berries - Mutation of berries that have the ectoplasm reagent.
GPS Customization - Nothing big, just being able to change the skin of a GPS.
Icons for fat people - Icons for all the fat human races, a few mutant races, and a bunch of clothing (fat code was done by someone else).
Hat of Holding - I added in "Arcane" levels for magic tech, and this is just a storage item with a hat slot.
Hand-Held Doppler Array - A hand held doppler array that can only tell you explosions that're on your Z level. Research item.
Doppler Array - Redid the doppler array to show a log, and explain how to read the readings.
Hazard Floors - Floors that, if powered, will shock anyone who walks over them.
Machina - Science gun that's p much just the wand of teleportation. It wouldn't be too hard to allow it to teleport people to a beacon as an alternate to just random teleportation.
Med/Sec huds - Like the advanced medhud, meant to provide an alternate to just "this is the best." Mix of both medical and security huds.
There's probably more, and I know it's not a lot or impressive, but I'd like feedback, thanks!
Last edited by Chowder McArthor on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like to code. PM me if you'd like to talk - I like to talk.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Stuff To Do

Post by DemonFiren » #220056

Camera helmets making a return?

Here we go.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Chowder McArthor

Post by Chowder McArthor » #220060

DemonFiren wrote:Camera helmets making a return?

Here we go.
Were they already in, and had a problem or something?
I know there was a problem with the old camera system on d20, but it eventually got fixed.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #220062

Camera helmets, as far as I remember, existed on /tg/ and were amusingly controversial.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #220063

Just going to go over a few points.
1.) Kids
While adorable, this sounds like hell to maintain.
4.) Camera Helmets
Helmet mounted cameras, so you can watch someone the way an AI can watch a borg.
Myself and Steelpoint did these here a while back, got removed due to powergaming.
Rabbits - They just breed, nothing too special.
We have these, codewise they're just special chickens but they spawn on easter and some of them have spacesuits.
Folding chairs - just chairs that can be picked up and turn into an item when done so.
We have it so all Stools/Chairs can be picked up and used as weapons.
Hazard Floors - Floors that, if powered, will shock anyone who walks over them.
This is a Sci-fi trope I'm surprised we don't cover, would love something along this concept.

Overall if you have ideas, just feel free to PR them, if it's a decent idea most things get a fair chance of addition.
私は完璧
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #220064

Also, for the love of all that is holy, return fatsprites.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #220065

DemonFiren wrote:Also, for the love of all that is holy, return fatsprites.
Ah! a point I forgot to cover.

Fatsprites aren't happening.
Too much to maintain for little worth.
私は完璧
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #220067

If the guy's already done most of the work, why the fuck not?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Chowder McArthor

Post by Chowder McArthor » #220068

Also, something I didn't do on d20 but I've done on other code bases, a neck slot. Ties, necklaces, etc. I'd be able to easily put it in if people want it.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #220070

Seems like the kids could be a very controversial subject. We do already have a dwarfism mutation that could be a good starting point if you're really intent on doing it. The rest seems great, though, especially the autoloom for when people snag all the top hats before you get to them. If you want to do it all yourself that's cool, but I could probably do some in my downtime, too.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #220073

Electrified/hazardous floors would make for a great AI defense tool, maybe requiring work boots or similar to prevent the shock, or deconstruction using insulated gloves.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #220082

helmet cams were seriously unbalanced, it made taking out security officers a nightmare since they could all be instantly and continuously tracked by shouting a single "help".
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #220087

Kids remind me of an old idea, pregnancy as a way for ghosts to get back into the round in a "natural" way, using a system similar to xenos. They are born as babies (crawl, can't talk, can be carried two-handed), grow to become kids, and finally grow to adult stage. If human pregnancy can't be coded because erp shenanigans, it could work as well with an artificial womb, genesis vat or whatever you want to call it.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #220089

This would be one of the few things that would make me support keeping ERP banned under any circumstances.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #220092

DemonFiren wrote:This would be one of the few things that would make me support keeping ERP banned under any circumstances.
That's just because you want all the fun without responsibilities
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #220094

Grazyn wrote:Kids remind me of an old idea, pregnancy as a way for ghosts to get back into the round in a "natural" way, using a system similar to xenos. They are born as babies (crawl, can't talk, can be carried two-handed), grow to become kids, and finally grow to adult stage. If human pregnancy can't be coded because erp shenanigans, it could work as well with an artificial womb, genesis vat or whatever you want to call it.
We're straying a little too close to the line there. I could totally see "humans grown from scratch to serve Nanotrasen like good slaves" as in "podpeople grown as adults" but anything other than that? Noooo
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #220106

Grazyn wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:This would be one of the few things that would make me support keeping ERP banned under any circumstances.
That's just because you want all the fun without responsibilities
No, it's because egg-laying is a shit-tier fetish.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #220251

Grazyn wrote:Kids remind me of an old idea, pregnancy as a way for ghosts to get back into the round in a "natural" way, using a system similar to xenos. They are born as babies (crawl, can't talk, can be carried two-handed), grow to become kids, and finally grow to adult stage. If human pregnancy can't be coded because erp shenanigans, it could work as well with an artificial womb, genesis vat or whatever you want to call it.
Biggest problem with kids that I can see is all the fucked up ways we have in the game for killing people. You just know the prospect of being able to stab a kid's eyes out or some shit will attract some creepy mother fuckers.
Let me guess, the clothing thing again? Like I've said before. Make it so they can only wear pajamas and create a couple of sprites for pajamas. If you want to go a bit further add a fat sweat suit and recolour it a few times for different departments. How is that difficult to maintain?
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #220276

Jacough wrote:
Let me guess, the clothing thing again? Like I've said before. Make it so they can only wear pajamas and create a couple of sprites for pajamas. If you want to go a bit further add a fat sweat suit and recolour it a few times for different departments. How is that difficult to maintain?
Apparently I never submitted one of my other posts.
but it was basically just "Don't even think of the hawaiian shirts only idea either", which pyjamas is a variant of.
私は完璧
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #220280

well the giant sprite works without the need to resprite all clothing, can't you use something similar for a fat appearance? Wide instead of tall?
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #220282

Chowder McArthor wrote:Also, something I didn't do on d20 but I've done on other code bases, a neck slot. Ties, necklaces, etc. I'd be able to easily put it in if people want it.
We have those as jumpsuit attachements.

Do fatsprites and I will vote on you for headmin.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #220293

Make fat sprites great again
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #220294

Kids, but only as a genetics and virology(reverse aging virus) thing.

I just had a wonderful idea for an event where children come to the station on a fieldtrip.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #220309

ThanatosRa wrote:Kids, but only as a genetics and virology(reverse aging virus) thing.

I just had a wonderful idea for an event where children come to the station on a fieldtrip.
Tbh Nanotrasen would send schoolchildren to a literal deathtrap if they got money out of it.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #220319

Anonmare wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:Kids, but only as a genetics and virology(reverse aging virus) thing.

Tbh Nanotrasen would send schoolchildren to a literal deathtrap if they got money out of it.
I know right.

EDIT: I guess there's the other Meme answer of forcing Assistants to be children.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #220327

ThanatosRa wrote:
Anonmare wrote:

I know right.

EDIT: I guess there's the other Meme answer of forcing Assistants to be children.
Make them arrive on a short bus
Chowder McArthor

Post by Chowder McArthor » #220784

https://i.gyazo.com/e39d36c08c0bc283f47 ... 20cfdf.png and https://i.gyazo.com/46b7f23a3619cf492b1 ... 35b9d8.png for those interested are all the fat clothing icons I did. The main priority was job clothing icons, with others taking a side.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #220790

Absolutely based.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #220818

Fat sprites aren't happening.
私は完璧
Chowder McArthor

Post by Chowder McArthor » #220824

This wasn't on d20, but on another project (the human icons were altered, but I have the original female icons)
https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/116_w/_39fd77 ... 82-png.jpg
Just female icons, which some people say are over-sexualized, but others I've talked to say that it's better than the bulky ss13 female icon.
Unlike the fat sprites, I have a file with a t o n of female icons, enough that only the most recent stuff would need to be done, but unlike the fat icons, I didn't do them myself, so.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #220854

Remie Richards wrote:Fat sprites aren't happening.
Do fat sprites legitimately offend you or something?
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #220855

I'll ask again, instead of making actual fat sprites, can't you just enlarge/widen the sprite of fat people like it happens with genetic gigantism?
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #221050

Grazyn wrote:I'll ask again, instead of making actual fat sprites, can't you just enlarge/widen the sprite of fat people like it happens with genetic gigantism?
yes, but like gigantism it'll blur horribly.
We've been waiting on a byond fix for that for atleast a year+
It's due to the scaling algorithm used.
Jacough wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:Fat sprites aren't happening.
Do fat sprites legitimately offend you or something?
No, but it's long since decided that it's not going to happen.
And if it does happen? it'll be removed again further down the line when it INEVITABLY falls behind content or causes other content itself to stagnate.
It is just fundamentally NOT worth it, fullstop.
私は完璧
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #221052

Remie Richards wrote:
Grazyn wrote:I'll ask again, instead of making actual fat sprites, can't you just enlarge/widen the sprite of fat people like it happens with genetic gigantism?
Well if people want fat sprites so bad, this seems better than nothing. They wouldn't be as big as giants anyway, just a little larger than a regular sprite, and fat lovers will be happy even with some little blur
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #221056

Grazyn wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
Well if people want fat sprites so bad, this seems better than nothing. They wouldn't be as big as giants anyway, just a little larger than a regular sprite, and fat lovers will be happy even with some little blur
It's the only way we'd have a visual form of fatness.
since it's 1 line and it's done, forever, no more work regardless of content added/removed.
(you just set transform = list(some, arbitrary, matrix, that, skews, horizontally))
私は完璧
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #221066

If Chowder wants to code it and maintain it then what's the problem?
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #221068

Lumbermancer wrote:If Chowder wants to code it and maintain it then what's the problem?
The fact your argument literally hasn't changed proves you're either not listening or not getting it.
私は完璧
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #221077

You are right. I'm not hearing anything else but "No" and "It was """decided"""
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #221078

Lumbermancer wrote:You are right. I'm not hearing anything else but "No" and "It was """decided"""
How about:
* Maintainability
* Not worth it
* Will lag behind other content
* Will cause content to lag behind with it

Come on now, atleast try.
私は完璧
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #221080

It's a coders deciding what features are allowed in their game episode

Smdh
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #221084

>Maintainability

If Chowder would like to maintain it then it's not a problem.

>Not worth it

That's like...your opinion, man. Yes, it's sorta minor thing, but I miss it nonetheless. It adds flavour. One of my first vivid memories in SS13 is getting fat and then exploding after eating a mint, going: "holy kek it's like in that movie".

>Will lag behind other content
>Will cause content to lag behind with it

How much will it lag and what content? Meme clothing will have to wait a day or two for fat sprite? Seems like a minor issue.

My argument hinges on the fact whether or not Chowder would like to devote himself to this venture. He appears to be experienced and talented, and literally came here asking for job. If he doesn't want to do it then it's fine.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #221215

I don’t' think you understand just how many sprites are required.

That's sprites for every single clothing item, every single race, and every single dismemberable organ for every single race.

Then the burden is on that person to also sprite new fat sprites for every single new race and species and clothing added by other people.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #221217

races use special clothes sprites? also clothes arent really affect by dismemberment, and as long as the arms/legs/head are in the same place when fat theres no need for more of those. gender specific sprites could be eliminated by having fat sprites be gender neutral (a belly bulge extends over the crotch). hardest part of maintaining it is making a new sprite for each jumpsuit, (or we could just use what people have already sprited and add a var to clothes that makes them fall off when you get fat should they not have a fatsprite so you dont even need to maintain it)
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #221219

now you're just halfassing a feature that doesn't really add anything other than a slight visual gimmick to the game, at which point it doesn't meet the smell test for inclusion and maintaining and we get back to where we were before.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #221220

oranges wrote:now you're just halfassing a feature that doesn't really add anything other than a slight visual gimmick to the game, at which point it doesn't meet the smell test for inclusion and maintaining and we get back to where we were before.
we already have fatness, monkey-eating and all. of course fatsprites themselves are "just a gimmick," the gameplay aspect of them are already in the game. edit: except for the jumpsuit/spacesuit-popping-off thing, that isnt in the game and would be readded, but its ok because its funny
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #221335

ShadowDimentio wrote:It's a coders deciding what features are allowed in their game episode

Smdh
Are you spriting these fat sprites? are you programming in the system to swap between fat/no fat states? for clothing, for species body parts, for species accessories?
Unless I'm very much mistaken, you aren't, so why do you sarcastically state that it's odd/weird/wrong that the people who DO contribute get to make these decisions?
Oh yes that's right, because you're not really arguing a point, you're just memeing in an attempt to shit on people, what a wonderful person you are.

Lumber atleast, is genuinely arguing for something he appears to agree with/want...
Lumbermancer wrote:>Maintainability
If Chowder would like to maintain it then it's not a problem.
It is though, as said previously it adds a required step to all future clothing/race/human icon work.
Without that step a new piece of clothing or w/e either exists or doesn't exist, there's no opportunity for it to arrive half-assed.
Chowder could maintain it for a year or two, a year or two isn't good enough.
Lumbermancer wrote: >Not worth it
That's like...your opinion, man. Yes, it's sorta minor thing, but I miss it nonetheless. It adds flavour. One of my first vivid memories in SS13 is getting fat and then exploding after eating a mint, going: "holy kek it's like in that movie".
It is my opinion, yes, but do you really care so much about 3-4 pixels? really? that's the whole visual change, 3-4 pixels.
People don't even get fat that often, so it's 3-4 pixels that won't even be seen 90% of the time, how is that worth it?
Lumbermancer wrote: >Will lag behind other content
>Will cause content to lag behind with it

How much will it lag and what content? Meme clothing will have to wait a day or two for fat sprite? Seems like a minor issue.
While it's quick to jump to memes, any human related spriting effort will have to take that into account, do you think WJ would be able to resprite all the species accessories if he had to also do them ALL again for fat people? Yes he would because he's insane but it still doesn't mean we can rely on that.
Lumbermancer wrote: My argument hinges on the fact whether or not Chowder would like to devote himself to this venture. He appears to be experienced and talented, and literally came here asking for job. If he doesn't want to do it then it's fine.
This relies on Chowder staying around, and to be the person to maintain that, I'm not saying they'll leave or anything, but people get burned out. When I first started we had Aran, Gia, MrPerson and Cheridan all regularly coding for the game. Gia's long since left, Aran hasn't made a PR in atleast a year, MrPerson and Cheri still produce some good stuff but it's much further between than it was.

I'm also sure, given things like the neck slot, that Chowder has other ideas and things to work on, things I'm sure you'd enjoy a lot more than "I have gained 3 pixels on my waist, what a revolution in gaming"
私は完璧
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #221336

Don't most 'races' just use Human clothing to begin with?

Based on my extremely limited spriting but doing a large set of sprites for fat clothing would seem to be a highly time consuming task, not necessarily difficult but still a big time sink.

If someone were prepared to do all that spriting work and then upload those sprites, that would go a long way to having the fat sprite feature added.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #221337

Steelpoint wrote:Don't most 'races' just use Human clothing to begin with?

Based on my extremely limited spriting but doing a large set of sprites for fat clothing would seem to be a highly time consuming task, not necessarily difficult but still a big time sink.

If someone were prepared to do all that spriting work and then upload those sprites, that would go a long way to having the fat sprite feature added.
species torsos would need fat forms, but yes clothing is p.much universal.
私は完璧
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #221338

But if they were removed once already, they could be removed again if need be, right? You only lose if you do nothing.

I think fatsprites would positively affect game flow as well. If sugary vendor/pokkit food made you fat faster, Chef and Botany would become more valued and by extension more enjoyable to play.
Chowder McArthor

Post by Chowder McArthor » #221492

Does TG still have that thing where if you eat a mint while fat, it gibs you?