Lavaland syndie base

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: Lavaland syndie base

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #229089

Bottom post of the previous page:

Kor wrote:I think the fairest way to let them send items to the station would be to have special smartfridge or telepad that people could spend uplink points to pull from.
But what if the scientists send themselves in a box? Also is this literally a syndicate teleporter pad or just a pre-packaged teleporter kit with syndie co-ordinates between both parties?

Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #230020

Needs a nerf.

Carpet grenades can clear the lava and they can just snipe miners if they're far enough with a good FOV.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #230034

If they're leaving the base to hunt miners admins should be banning them for ignoring their spawn instructions
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #230599

The new syndie base looks amazing. However a few suggestions...

Virology room needs Uranium to access the top tier symptoms. Also the monkey rooms should be individual quarantine rooms so the Virologist can perform "tests on them. The bar could use Soda/Booze Dispensers. Chemists could also make use of that to do more wacky experiments i guess. Id also suggest adding a box of monkey cubes to the Experiment room and a box of traitor poisons to Chemistry, but thats probably too much.

It would be cool if the syndie base had a teleporter that could send items to a location on the station that is randomized each round. Then any on-station traitors could request a care package if they made the effort to contact the base. Once again though, probably too much.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #230600

The operatives that spawn at the base don't have syndicate implants and can't fire the c20r's in the firing range without swapping out the pins
The telecomms machine doesnt have a active overlay.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #230603

Its only ever relevant and played as a latepick situational ghost ruin when syndicates are ever on. Still too limited to help.

Still rampant reports of carpet, self destruction abuse and people leaving to go snipe miners.

Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #230605

A H E L P
T H E M
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #230607

Saegrimr wrote:A H E L P
T H E M
It doesn't fix the problem that you've locked a load of potential shitters in a cage, got them bored trying to milk the experience by doing something cool or leaving at risk of bwoinking or getting away while admins aren't looking (if nobody cares or people sympathise in ahelps, they'll just get away with it because sybil is barely admin staffed anymore) rather than finding their existence pointless and suiciding/not joining up at all (which as the novelty has worn off, is starting to happen same as hotel). Ahelp them all you want but the ruin enables them to do it being so strict with so many 'do not touch' clauses.

Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #230610

I have played it several times and had fun as is. One anecdote is as good as another and I find it to be really fun
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #230611

The snipers should really spawn in the backpacks tbh. If I had a sheet of plasma for every bioweapons scientist that accidentally shoots a wall off on spawning, Cargo would be swimming in credits.
Operative IDs don't have access to the doors.
Syndie bar needs dispensers and viro needs uranium as mentioned earlier.
Could use a progression system, like a syndie cargo teleporter of sorts. Maybe let them trade points for materials/things to build/base expansions.

I'm almost tempted to say replace lava with chasm but I think it would just be simpler and less badwrongfun to make a PR that makes lava turfs irreplaceable by carpet bombs.
D&B

Post by D&B » #230614

Nah lava is fine since it leaves it open to attack.

But snipers should be replaced by stetchkins or something shorter ranged.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #230616

I think the scientists have stetchkins as well as snipers. Though the comms officer only has a stetchkin to call his own.
D&B

Post by D&B » #230830

Remove snipers then.

Shit weapon for such a small base. Who the fuck fights indoors with a sniper rifle.
Spoiler:
fuck you
letshavecake
Byond Username: Letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #230833

I think it's for picking off people loitering on the other side of the lava moat
People that will probably inform others about the presence of your base
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #230854

For fuck's sake someone fix the IDs or the doors or what the fuck ever.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #230856

Atlanta-Ned wrote:For fuck's sake someone fix the IDs or the doors or what the fuck ever.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/21815

Not even Kor's pr. :(

What's even more sad is that the sniper rounds were pre-supplied by kor when the map was merged inside the room spawns so it was INTENTIONAL to shoot down the doors with ID issues. wtf.

Spoiler:
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #230897

FantasticFwoosh wrote: What's even more sad is that the sniper rounds were pre-supplied by kor when the map was merged inside the room spawns so it was INTENTIONAL to shoot down the doors with ID issues. wtf.
What?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #230923

Kor wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote: What's even more sad is that the sniper rounds were pre-supplied by kor when the map was merged inside the room spawns so it was INTENTIONAL to shoot down the doors with ID issues. wtf.
What?
there are sniper rounds in the rooms and rifles to blow down the doors in the dorms from the inside (either that or people prayed for snipers by admins)

Spoiler:
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #230947

Bioweapon scientists spawn with snipers
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #230948

Grazyn wrote:Bioweapon scientists spawn with snipers
Does it matter? You're still given the rounds & the rifle to get through doors as a actual conscious (or graciously fortunate unconscious one) decision by kor when putting in the new map and spare rounds are in the room.

Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #230957

I'm fairly sure they used to spawn with the rifle even on the old map. Do you actually believe coders gave them a rifle with the purpose of using it to destroy the bugged door instead of simply adding access to said door?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #230970

Grazyn wrote:I'm fairly sure they used to spawn with the rifle even on the old map. Do you actually believe coders gave them a rifle with the purpose of using it to destroy the bugged door instead of simply adding access to said door?
that didn't
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #231027

Could it get a vending machine just for the uplink chems, a dispensor for monkey cubes, and a way to get the science grenades?
It'd be fun to test those chems and after a while the base runs out of monkies.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #231060

Grazyn wrote:I'm fairly sure they used to spawn with the rifle even on the old map. Do you actually believe coders gave them a rifle with the purpose of using it to destroy the bugged door instead of simply adding access to said door?
Nope, before the doors to the base were ALL access.

Sniper rifle's and a assortment of other lethal weapons in a (relatively unsecured) armory were stored in the telecomms room. And the hugbox continues in that even if you blatently miss with the sniper rifle shooting everything BUT the door, you're given extra rounds to get out.
One Seven One wrote:Could it get a vending machine just for the uplink chems, a dispensor for monkey cubes, and a way to get the science grenades?
It'd be fun to test those chems and after a while the base runs out of monkies.
Good suggestion, how about a max efficiency monkey grinder too? (because you already start with a surplus of monkeys, and its a non-intensive way of culling old ones without detracting to make new cubes)

Spoiler:
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #231062

This is probably the most bewildering thing I have ever been acused of.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #231063

Where were you when Kor made syndicate base users have to snipe down their airlocks?
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #231064

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Nope, before the doors to the base were ALL access.

Sniper rifle's and a assortment of other lethal weapons in a (relatively unsecured) armory were stored in the telecomms room. And the kickin' rad place to be continues in that even if you blatently miss with the sniper rifle shooting everything BUT the door, you're given extra rounds to get out.
I'll bite because this is fucking hilarious. So what do you think their reasoning was"? "Gosh darn I don't know how to fix the access on this airlock! IDEA! I'll give them sniper rifles so they can shoot the door off! And additional bullets in case they miss! Yay, I'm best coder!"
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #231065

Kor wrote:This is probably the most bewildering thing I have ever been acused of.
Hey man no hard feelings. Im only saying what i see.
Grazyn wrote: I'll bite because this is fucking hilarious. So what do you think their reasoning was"? "Gosh darn I don't know how to fix the access on this airlock! IDEA! I'll give them sniper rifles so they can shoot the door off! And additional bullets in case they miss! Yay, I'm best coder!"
I dunno, I guess it was either a stroke of luck really (its considerably less worse than people screaming over github kor's locked them in the rooms of the base) or a "that'll do until I figure out what the door access codes are" and then promptly forgot about it (???), i don't really know what to say without a statement from Kor.

Fantastic Fwoosh wrote:
Random Marine wrote: How about instead of a magic dispenser of infinite plasma and uranium, the syndies get a lavaproof drone or borg to go fetch the materials that surround their base?

With custom laws to dictate that goal and keep it from fucking off to valid/monsterhunt, of course.

> https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... -263523468
@RandomMarine holding onto that thought, why don't the syndicate scientists construct the mining robots (like the mining vendor one with built in KA, using a robotics lathe with some disks to get the designs in the room as loot) and then they or the telecomms officer remotely pilot them (ash and lava proof as to get in & out of the base).

> Reasonably saying that instead of a ORM the scientists can just use the chem lab to make infinite welder fuel & use a welding mask from the reinforced test lab/ a later built autolathe?

Put four chairs and consoles in the tcomms room or somewhere (so that each ghost role can play when new robots come online) and mine for resources that way.

> https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... -263533608
But yeah, remote control miners and eventually (a lava traversing death-ripley mech?)

Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #231066

But why not remove the doors instead while tyring to find the fix? It's not like everyone knows that the sniper can shoot down doors anyway. You could spawn, realize the door was bugged, then ahelp or ghost out of frustration and not give a shit about the door-shattering tool in your hand. I mean, 3-time headmin and you really think that's the best he could come up with?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #231067

Grazyn wrote:But why not remove the doors instead while tyring to find the fix? It's not like everyone knows that the sniper can shoot down doors anyway. You could spawn, realize the door was bugged, then ahelp or ghost out of frustration and not give a shit about the door-shattering tool in your hand. I mean, 3-time headmin and you really think that's the best he could come up with?
Because that actually requires admin to do stuff, sybil is pretty much stealth administrated exclusively or the admins that are there are AFK. The sniper rifle is the only weapon in the room and they eventually work it out pretty quickly because it is pretty beastly, and the ammo is there if you waste your time trying to shoot down the invincible walls until you figure it out. Some people don't play but most ghost or suicide using the tools anyway.

> Dunno, but that's how it is regardless.

Relevant - Replaces ID cards with sniper rifles #21844
oranges wrote:Where were you when Kor made syndicate base users have to snipe down their airlocks?

Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #231187

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Relevant - Replaces ID cards with sniper rifles #21844
oranges wrote:Where were you when Kor made syndicate base users have to snipe down their airlocks?
So this was test merged and went exactly as expected. First round most people didn't even realize they could use the sniper to blow down doors, so everyone kept shouting "AI OPEN" or ran to HoP or just ghosted/killed themselves in their office. Also snipers didn't have 50 rounds but 6 only. Next round admins made a custom poll asking if they wanted the rifles removed or not, even if that meant no access because no ID. "Remove" won in a landslide so snipers were mass deleted. Of course then everyone started to complain because they had no ID so admins spawned 500 all access IDs. Third round finally worked because the HoP was given tons of ammo so people could get their access.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #231220

Im still not quite sure how even as a OP pr clause statement they managed to NOT include 50 bullets (edit - only the magazines had 50 capacity not the rifle bullets current, my bad). There goes my faith in the humanity of the station and the responsibility to own high caliber weapons.

Its like watching labmice, what's more hilarious is that after they've passed the initial syndie-tendie IQ test of just shooting the door, they can practice on the foyer door before getting through to the main base like a mini tutorial to their new access. Its door opening/phils damage PR 101.

Spoiler: