Emagged Cargo Shuttles

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Emagged Cargo Shuttles

Post by Cobby » #235378

Not sure if people mind this or not, but I think it's kind of silly to get everything under the syndicate sun because you emagged the Cargo Shuttle. Seems to take away the whole entire balancing act around telecrystals when you can just buy an emag [ugh] and steal plasma from miners when they come.

At least with the old null crates they would mostly be one-use items [Oldpen, smoke grenade, incin nade, and something else I think...] that would require you to be stealthy since fellow CTs and QMs didn't get the immense benefits of being adrenal-hardsuit-weaponweilders and were more likely to out you.

Just not a big fan of "Oh you only have 20 TCs, Choose Carefully! [or buy the allmighty emag and go to cargo]".
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Lakart
Byond Username: Lakart

Re: Emagged Cargo Shuttles

Post by Lakart » #235383

But muh "strategy" of giving cargo an emag and using them as a scapegoat.
Copybass
Byond Username: Copybass

Post by Copybass » #235386

Do emagged consoles have a graphical difference from normal consoles aside from the obviously different order menu?
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #235387

A: you have to share with cargo
B:pretty damn easy to figure out of your console is emaged
I still think it should be a 50% chance whether it's a surplus or a bundle crate
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #235389

Copybass wrote:Do emagged consoles have a graphical difference from normal consoles aside from the obviously different order menu?
There are no differences aside from the extra crate inmenu.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #235391

emagging the console should change the white shuttle to a syndicate shuttle, change the interface, and replace a lot of items with syndicate variants (for example space suits crate > black and red space suit)

""we buy from the syndicate now""
Copybass

Post by Copybass » #235394

(I'm speaking purely on a - Ways to balance this without fulling reverting it kind of position, as I like the idea of ordering all kinds of powerful garbage from the syndicate) As someone who loves Rev I feel like adding more ability for scrutiny of Cargo harms revs especially since I've had to deal with a large number of sec raids through my time playing. But with that, something that would have no effect on Rev could be making the emagged console more obvious when seen with cameras or in person, meaning that youve gotta emag the QM's office which would be still visible to miners and techs + cameras prior to being cut - At which point it would force either a talk, a call to sec, or an agreement that it's time for Cargonia.

One of the best parts about traitor QM and one of the only reasons to play QM in their current state is that you get to make Cargonia as great as it should be, making your own miniature Nation armed to the teeth against the inevitable march of sec. Making it easier for people to see that it's happening before it happens (thus allowing a raid on Cargo before crates can even be opened, and allowing Sec to pull apart the console and leave only one) could be something helpful? Then again who uses cameras.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #235399

we should atleast make it obvious that the console has been emagged, that's what I was going for. Obviously not an announcement that "THE QM IS TATOR!!!!!!" but if the detective did some basic sleuth-ing that he would find out where they're getting the imports.

side idea, if there's a lavaland syndicate base the syndicate cargo shuttle should be stocked there
Copybass

Post by Copybass » #235414

What if every call of a syndie crate just has a chance to be the Syndicate being fed up with your shit and sending a carp shuttle :v)
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #235419

Make the cargo shuttle a syndicate shuttle when it becomes emagged.

Have central command give a announcement that they aren't able to connect to your shuttle console and that they recommend a engineer should take a look at it. [ Happens if a cargo console is disassembled or destroyed, but only after 10 minutes of a emagged/destroyed console occurs, the announcement is only given once ]

So you can get your dank loot, you just have 10 minutes before security will commence to kicking your shit in. It generally takes miners longer than that to get plasma.

That also disregards the fact that the AI can always just look in cargo and see the black walls and red tiles of a syndicate supply shuttle.

Maybe give it like a 5% chance to spawn a nuclear strike team after you order 5< crates if ghosts are active, then have them spawn fully equipped on the syndicate cargo shuttle. When they arrive they'll bust out of the shuttle but will meet heavily armored cargo techs and quartermasters. [ Or ever better, meet traitor quartermasters and cargo techs with die a glorious death objectives, then work together with them ]

All in all, don't be salt and remove it, it's a very amazing feature, fuck "muh balance" and "dey nut lowd tuh haf dat" bullshit, go take some for yourself if you don't like it.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #235421

OXFORD MY MAN I WAS WRITING LITERALLY JUST THAT

at one point nanotrasen should send an ert to check out 'mysterious syndicate cargo smuggling' if there's no announcement, but that works too
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #235434

The issue is with cargo having limitless points, not with being able to order a particular set of items.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #235463

no its not, the issue is literally "nerf syndicate crates"

otherwise the thread title would have been "make plasma less valuable"

checkmate kor
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #235472

>Shipping plasma
>Not quantum tech disks
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #235582

It doesn't happen often enough to be an issue. And when null crate spam DOES happen, it's just hilarious to see everyone running around with adrenals and revolver. If everyone is a syndicate, then no one is.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #235587

Grazyn wrote:It doesn't happen often enough to be an issue. And when null crate spam DOES happen, it's just hilarious to see everyone running around with adrenals and revolver. If everyone is a syndicate, then no one is.
If >10 null crates gets ordered, EVERYONE gets antag.
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #235644

Do not nerf cargo! Taking what little fun a Cargo Tech can have (it is a really boring job if you never abuse shipments or avoid doing anything suspicious) would be a really sad affair. There is also a big risk involved in trusting the other cargo staff and the cargo sec not to rat you out. To appease them, you share the love. That is more fun for you AND your fellows. Like EDIT: Calzilla says, if you spam crates, then everyone gets a piece! Everyone is happy except your target, the AI (borgs are appeased with illegal upgrades), and the Security players (unless they take bribes :honk:)

The suggestion of replacing the white cargo shuttle with a Syndicate themed shuttle is brilliant, and I feel that one should be implemented for the style points alone!
Last edited by Gun Hog on Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #235679

I didn't say that.

I was criticizing using plasma for points when you could ship tech disks instead.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #235812

Sorry, I was reading the wrong post.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #237564

John_Oxford wrote:Make the cargo shuttle a syndicate shuttle when it becomes emagged.

Have central command give a announcement that they aren't able to connect to your shuttle console and that they recommend a engineer should take a look at it. [ Happens if a cargo console is disassembled or destroyed, but only after 10 minutes of a emagged/destroyed console occurs, the announcement is only given once ]

So you can get your dank loot, you just have 10 minutes before security will commence to kicking your shit in. It generally takes miners longer than that to get plasma.

That also disregards the fact that the AI can always just look in cargo and see the black walls and red tiles of a syndicate supply shuttle.

Maybe give it like a 5% chance to spawn a nuclear strike team after you order 5< crates if ghosts are active, then have them spawn fully equipped on the syndicate cargo shuttle. When they arrive they'll bust out of the shuttle but will meet heavily armored cargo techs and quartermasters. [ Or ever better, meet traitor quartermasters and cargo techs with die a glorious death objectives, then work together with them ]

All in all, don't be salt and remove it, it's a very amazing feature, fuck "muh balance" and "dey nut lowd tuh haf dat" bullshit, go take some for yourself if you don't like it.
can we actually do this?