Umbrage: Shadowling Redux (delayed?)

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Do you want shadowlings back?

Yes!
56%
Doesn't matter to me.
16%
No!
28%

Total votes: 64

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Umbrage: Shadowling Redux

Post by Armhulen » #241820

Bottom post of the previous page:

ADD JUMPSCARE HALLUCINATIONS YES
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #241821

I was definitely pondering adding a targeted ability that slowly drives the target insane with mind-numbing horror. I guess that confirms it.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #241823

>drives the target insane
You mean "makes the target meta that it's shadowling and beeline for the nearest way to seek treatment/cockblock the sling".
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #241824

DemonFiren wrote:>drives the target insane
You mean "makes the target meta that it's shadowling and beeline for the nearest way to seek treatment/cockblock the sling".
Hopefully not, but realistically yes.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #241825

Hallucinations have to come into play at some point. That, and the randoms screams
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #241826

I mean, hallucinations could be implemented in such a way as to be a metabreaker, but if they have no practical gameplay value when used from stealth nobody is ever going to bother.
On that subject, delayed hallucination chems when?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #241827

They can be very disorienting, and some can even stun you. A hallucination/chill combo ability could be very powerful.
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #241829

Alright. let me preface this with the following heavy bias : I fucking hate shadowling, it was one of the most obnoxious antags to face and I'm very glad that it's gone.

That said, if you're thinking of re adding it I would like to make the following observations/suggestions.

1. The Shadowlings had far too many escape on a short cool down that combined with their self healing made them a absolute nightmare to finally kill. We mostly just paraphrased it with the old >reee >shit smoke >jaunt, which was unfortunately true. You could spend a huge amount time just wandering aimlessly in maintenance with a large group going back and forth.

2. Ranged para-sting is a absolute abomination, I would suggest either reworking it completely or just flat our removing it.

3. Thralls having a invisible stun that was able to be used at all times, even when cuffed combined with a free hive mind was ridiculous, Why do we keep giving out free all chat to antags? It didn't help that the only "downside" of having your mind totally fucked was that you had to wear a mask.

4. The shuttle extension was a bitch and did nothing but drag out rounds 9/10 times. If the best solution to shadowlings wasn't to just call it quits and leave then the shuttle wouldn't be called asap.

5. The deconversion method was via surgery, which led to most thralls just being killed instantly, Not a complaint here but just a observation.

6.They should probably have a different objective then just ascend, It was odd and the sprite for them was bad.

7. As a shadowling you spent 70% of round in maint just waiting for something to happen, it was pretty damn boring.

8. Please for the love of god don't release the remake you're doing and then move onto another project leaving Joan to handle the balance. Joan can't balance a game mode to save her life.

That's all I can really think of right now, but those were my biggest concerns regarding shadowling. It just wasn't fun to play security and having to deal with greytide/thrallings combined with mini wizards.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #241832

Durkel wrote:durkeeeeel
see this
Umbra fantatic wrote:
Spoiler:
Enthrall is thematically cool but in practice can be finnicky and annoying to work with. Although it did provide tension as you had to commit, I'll probably have it more interesting this time around. And I actually mean "interesting" as in "looks and sounds cooler". not "reworked 223412% of the way to Mars".
Hivemind Commune is replaced with Mindlink, which only functions in the same z-level.
Because of all the feedback regarding Glare, it's staying in the form of a function of Pass. With the mana system, it'll still be easily usable against single targets, and completely viable as a capture tool.
Veil is unchanged in all but name and spookiness.
Shadow Walk needs some definite touchups. I like your suggestion of only dark areas, but it'd be tough to code.
Icy Veins was a useless, frustrating ability that will be cut.
Collective Mind was an easier thing to do for my inexperienced self than have it check constantly for upgrades. It'll probably be automatic now.
Destroy Engines was rushed out and won't stay.
Blindness Smoke was meh in the first place. I don't like it.
I felt like Drain Life was one of the shadowling's more thematically strong abilities, and that it could have stayed had the rest been removed. A similar lifedrain effect will come in Umbrage but will be 200% spookier and fun to use.
Sonic Screech was the way slings stopped borgs. Pass will have that functionality.
Revival was pretty iffy, but it can now be balanced out by a high mana cost. I might also make it so braindeads become walking corpses, slaves to the umbrage.
this answers most of your problems because xhius is handling the problems

1. removal of icy veins, nerfing shadow walk, and looking at blindness smoke. No more 100000 escapes!

4. destroy engines gone, that's good

2. ranged parasting can stay because if you're looking for a shadow entity in a maintenance alone you deserve to get thralled you cuckold, it was 30 seconds cooldown before (could only stun one person, any more than that and you're fucked) and now it's on a mana system, so you'll be using it even less.

3. >able to be used at all times
45 second cooldown. I do agree that thralls shouldn't be able to use those in cuffs or while stunned. Byond that the new shadowlings use tentacle arms to stun, which cannot while cuffed so don't worry, it's fixed

6. ascension was cool as fuck but the sprites were shit

7. unrobust shadowling player lol
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #241857

Durkel wrote:Alright. let me preface this with the following heavy bias : I fucking hate shadowling, it was one of the most obnoxious antags to face and I'm very glad that it's gone.

That said, if you're thinking of re adding it I would like to make the following observations/suggestions.

1. The Shadowlings had far too many escape on a short cool down that combined with their self healing made them a absolute nightmare to finally kill. We mostly just paraphrased it with the old >reee >shit smoke >jaunt, which was unfortunately true. You could spend a huge amount time just wandering aimlessly in maintenance with a large group going back and forth.

2. Ranged para-sting is a absolute abomination, I would suggest either reworking it completely or just flat our removing it.

3. Thralls having a invisible stun that was able to be used at all times, even when cuffed combined with a free hive mind was ridiculous, Why do we keep giving out free all chat to antags? It didn't help that the only "downside" of having your mind totally fucked was that you had to wear a mask.

4. The shuttle extension was a bitch and did nothing but drag out rounds 9/10 times. If the best solution to shadowlings wasn't to just call it quits and leave then the shuttle wouldn't be called asap.

5. The deconversion method was via surgery, which led to most thralls just being killed instantly, Not a complaint here but just a observation.

6.They should probably have a different objective then just ascend, It was odd and the sprite for them was bad.

7. As a shadowling you spent 70% of round in maint just waiting for something to happen, it was pretty damn boring.

8. Please for the love of god don't release the remake you're doing and then move onto another project leaving Joan to handle the balance. Joan can't balance a game mode to save her life.

That's all I can really think of right now, but those were my biggest concerns regarding shadowling. It just wasn't fun to play security and having to deal with greytide/thrallings combined with mini wizards.
No problem, thank you for being honest about it. Although Armhulen has already said some things, I'll say some too:
  1. Abilities are receiving a complete balance and rework pass.
  2. I don't like it, but apparently a lot of people are, so I'm aiming for a compromise.
  3. Lesser Glare was a huge mistake and I will not be repeating it.
  4. Destroy Engines was also a huge mistake.
  5. That's a player problem, but I'm not going to enable it. Deconversion will be different.
  6. I think ascension is still a cool mechanic and it inspires both fear and awe. It will be staying, but sprites will be better if I can.
  7. Depends on the round. I may let them walk around in the light for some time.
  8. The situation with Joan is kind of a complex one. I didn't just dump it in her lap and say "this is urs now lol by", but she kind of picked it up herself and decided to balance it after I got burnt out. When I got interested in the game again and started making balance changes, she had so many PRs up that I couldn't do any, and I gave the reins entirely to her.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #241890

On an unrelated note, I've been having a lot of fun working on some ability concept. Here's what enthralling might turn into.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/116 ... r_will.mp4
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #241892

I think we should still consider allowing the shadowling to have a limited number of thralls. As I said before, no antag type revolves around selective conversion.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #241897

I could see it happening, but I'm not sure if it would encourage murderbone. I guess an antagonist murdering people isn't all that bad, though.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #241909

please don't, PLEASE DON'T
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #241917

I can see you're a big fan of the idea, Armhulen. Anywho, on an unrelated note, I'm planning to have enthralling reworked in a small way - the Devour Will ability puts the target into a pseudo-death state that lasts for five or so ticks. A different ability, called Veil Mind, lets out a shriek that converts people in that state nearby into veils (the new thralls). What are y'all's thoughts on that?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #241945

I really love the idea of brainless shells of their former spacemen just wandering the halls. maybe when veils get killed they come back as normal people who wander the halls murmuring. it's basically like catatonic but moving and mumbling. Just throwing ideas out there, I like the conversion idea so far. maybe put the veil mind on a high cooldown and devour will make them catatonic (not wandering) until converted or deconverted, so the shadowling has to mass a bunch of comatose until they shriek and they wake up as a thrall

OH

OH BETTER IDEA MAKE DEVOUR WILL WRAP THEM UP IN A BLACK GOO WEB, SO THE SHADOWLING HAS A LAIR. ONCE IT WANTS TO CASH IN, IT SHRIEKS AND ALL THE WEBBED CORPSES AWAKEN!!
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #241955

Armhulen wrote:I really love the idea of brainless shells of their former spacemen just wandering the halls. maybe when veils get killed they come back as normal people who wander the halls murmuring. it's basically like catatonic but moving and mumbling. Just throwing ideas out there, I like the conversion idea so far. maybe put the veil mind on a high cooldown and devour will make them catatonic (not wandering) until converted or deconverted, so the shadowling has to mass a bunch of comatose until they shriek and they wake up as a thrall

OH

OH BETTER IDEA MAKE DEVOUR WILL WRAP THEM UP IN A BLACK GOO WEB, SO THE SHADOWLING HAS A LAIR. ONCE IT WANTS TO CASH IN, IT SHRIEKS AND ALL THE WEBBED CORPSES AWAKEN!!
the problem with that (which I'm reading as effectively taking control away from you and putting simplemob AI in your place) is that if it lasts for any decent length of time to "cash in on" later, people are just gonna alt-tab out or go get a snack while they wait to be activated or rescued, whichever comes first. So the shadowling will activate his trap card and shriek to call forth his minions as security stumble into its lair, only instead of springing a deadly trap sec will just focus-fire the ling to death and deal with the AFKers at their leisure.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #241958

the best laid plans of mice and men :roll:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #241961

Now, if it was a means of killing people in a particular way or prepping corpses similar to ling husking that kicked the victims to deadchat so they could go do a ghost role or whatever, with the shriek turning them into AI hostile mob things for their ambush trap card, that would be terrifying as fuck

> stumble into lair full of bodies
> REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
> immediately beset by zombies
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #241963

walk into room

zombies

walk out of room

if only there was a way to force them to fight it

edit: maybe the shriek takes 10 seconds to prep and during that time the deadchat gets a popup to join as a zombie
and the ones who don't get taken are ai simplemobs? I don't know, your idea works just fine
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #242054

As cool as that sounds, people seem to hate lair/base-based antagonists, as clockcult evidenced with its white ship use early on. Still, the ideas are appreciated, and any thoughts you have on possible abilities are taken into account, so keep them coming.
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #242078

I think there's a distinction between "hate lair/base-based antagonists" and "the clockcult is using the white ship as a constantly-stunning unassaultable base and that's terrible"
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #242093

and on second not-3am-thought, shadowling should always be moving. you should never 'KNOW' where the shadowling is.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #242116

Exactly. The whole point of Shadowling is that it can jump out anywhere where it's dark, and even if you stay in the light, a thrall can come nab you.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #242243

i thought about horror and I think it'll just make people frustrated if the horror mechanic is anything more than jumpscares and the spacemen randomly screaming every once in awhile
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #242584

Ohw and the lamest thing of all:

Ascended slings were made immortal at one point to stuff that used to kill them such as bombs and singularities.

"But muh victory condition"

That's the entire point, you are insanely powerful and think nothing can stop you when suddenly an assistant rushes you holding 2 bags of holding.

Being stupidly powerful will always be more interesting than being immortal.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242593

I agree the specific patch to grant singulo immunity was pretty shit
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #242595

yes, basically.
we should rework shadowling acension other than GUY GETS KILL FOR 5 MINUTE.

maybe the shadowling can turn into a blob that doesn't have any special blob pieces but grows extremely fast with red runes and shit or maybe it spawns shadowminions that latch onto other spacemen faces or something else completely wild but we need something interesting
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242604

Lord Singuloth must remain as the great equalizer. Gods and men equal before the vortex
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #242609

Wyzack wrote:Lord Singuloth must remain as the great equalizer. Gods and men equal before the vortex
without saying. praise lord singuloth~
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #242614

I guess I wasnt alone with this complaint then.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242617

To me it just feels so SS13, a bunch of psychotic barely qualified spacemen attempting to contain this marvel of destruction that violates the laws of time and space and is capable of utterly destroying otherworldy entities that defy physics themselves, and we use it to harness fucking electricity from the emitted radiation, mostly just to say that we can. Like a bunch of cavemen cooking meat on the heated CPU of a supercomputer
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #242620

[Engineering] Poly squawks, "IT'S LOOSE!!"
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #242639

Wyzack wrote:Lord Singuloth must remain as the great equalizer. Gods and men equal before the vortex
Made a gitissue that megafauna can't get eaten but a fucking ELDER GOD CAN, got closed because m-muh stat tracking

Very mad
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242641

GOTTa GET DAT LEADERBOARD SCORES SON MLG XxXxDaNkWeEdNoScOpEsxXxX
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #242643

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Made a gitissue that megafauna can't get eaten but a fucking ELDER GOD CAN, got closed because m-muh stat tracking

Very mad
i'm actually extremely pissed
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #242649

At the point in time megafauna were made I still thought I was going to finish the necropolis, and a giant dungeon full of scary monsters would be incredibly dumb if you could just clear the whole thing with two bags of holding or by pulling a supermatter.

Stat tracking was added long after instant death immunity.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #242665

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/17018

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/19382

Literally four months later. I know from every other argument I have had about lavaland that objective stats wont really change peoples beliefs but it cant hurt to try.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #242666

If a spaceman has the talent to wield bags of holding or a supermatter as a weapon and not get vaporized/irradiated/burned to death, I say more power to him.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #242668

>back self up in cloning
>go to pve area
>release singulo
>clone and pve area is done

wow exciting such skill
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #242669

Reminder that it takes whereabouts an hour to get bags of holding.

I would know, I wrote a R&D guide and you have to be basically at the dead end of research to get them.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242672

honestly i think the stat tracking is a neat thing to have, but only sofar as it does not prevent gameplay features. Maybe give Lord Singuloth his own kill list and have the sing always eat the loot
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #242673

thread DERAILED

but it's fine because I'm just waiting for new shadowlingumbrage updates
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #242674

>Literally what I suggested
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #242677

>making them immune for stat tracking is dumb
>they werent made immune for stat tracking
>what if we changed stat tracking so we could remove their immunity

Feedback forum makes me feel like I am losing my mind sometimes
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242679

Sorry Kor i cannot into reading comprehension apparently. Still though having the sing eat any potential loot prevents it from being used to cheese missions i think, if they ever do get added in
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #242681

Wyzack wrote:Sorry Kor i cannot into reading comprehension apparently. Still though having the sing eat any potential loot prevents it from being used to cheese missions i think, if they ever do get added in
singuloth giveth, and singuloth taketh away
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #242700

That and the fact that

you know

There's now a singularity running around on the mining level

Miners gonna be pissed
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #242732

I take ONE day off and the thread completely derails. Never change, /tg/. Anywho, I've still done work in small increments but I'll continue in earnest once I get home
I'm still not sure how I want to handle enthralling yet, or thralls, for that matter.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #242761

Since you wanted a tangible update, here's what you see and hear when becoming a veil:
Spoiler:
someone there.
ukq wna ieja jks
You have seen where you were once blind. In the Deep between the stars, something hungers. It watches and waits, the truth to all things and the impossible lie, infinite and nonexistent.
Its name is unspeakable and its form incomprehensible. You feel your mind rip itself to tatters, and you know that you are destined for something more.
Serve the one who has darkened the light you have lived in for so long. Help It and Its allies in their goals. Your former allegiances are forfeit.
The Progenitor awaits.
No, the Progenitor is not a god. It doesn't exist. The premise of Veil is implantation of false memories to induce brainwashing.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #242786

but that's literally just the ratvar lore

oh, but i love the ratvar lore, so i like it!