Xhuis' 2nd Annual-ish Winter Thaw (Finished)

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Re: Xhuis' 2nd Annual-ish Winter Thaw

Post by calzilla1 » #247289

Bottom post of the previous page:

Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:new bartender thing: Energy drink. What it does can be up to you. Maybe it makes stamina damage wear away slightly faster? Maybe make it by mixing coffee and soda?

mix it with mint toxin to make a poison that has chances to induce vomiting and brain damage called the Poorly Koncoted Philter
I'd love a drink that gives you large stun reduction but once it wears off you have to live with way slower movement speed and you get stunned for longer.

BUT IT GETS BETTER, you can stave off the wear-down by drinking more. The more you drink, the worse the wear-off.

If you get addicted, wearing off gives you a heart attack. GOTTA GET MUH FIX.
You dip shits we already HAVE an energy drink
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #247290

calzilla1 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:new bartender thing: Energy drink. What it does can be up to you. Maybe it makes stamina damage wear away slightly faster? Maybe make it by mixing coffee and soda?

mix it with mint toxin to make a poison that has chances to induce vomiting and brain damage called the Poorly Koncoted Philter
I'd love a drink that gives you large stun reduction but once it wears off you have to live with way slower movement speed and you get stunned for longer.

BUT IT GETS BETTER, you can stave off the wear-down by drinking more. The more you drink, the worse the wear-off.

BUT IT SUCKS
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #247292

Armhulen wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

BUT IT SUCKS
THAT'S THE POINT YOU NIGGER
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #247295

calzilla1 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

BUT IT SUCKS
THAT POINT SUCKS
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #247298

Had this idea but no clue if valid.
Regeneration virus symptom will regenerate lost parts over a long period of time (5-10 minutes?) If you have a virus with that symptom and an advance body gene activated from genetics.
I mean it's regeneration. Where's the actual bodily regeneration.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #247299

Alipheese wrote:Had this idea but no clue if valid.
Regeneration virus symptom will regenerate lost parts over a long period of time (5-10 minutes?) If you have a virus with that symptom and an advance body gene activated from genetics.
make this and another, apparently identical symptom that instead regenerates you as some horrific umbrella-corporation-esque monstrosity
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #247301

Screemonster wrote:
Alipheese wrote:Had this idea but no clue if valid.
make this and another, apparently identical symptom that instead regenerates you as some horrific umbrella-corporation-esque monstrosity
emagging the pandemic unlocks tator symptoms.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #247338

Armhulen wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

BUT IT SUCKS
THAT POINT SUCKS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #247384

qwert wrote:Nuclear reactor working on fuel rods, with possibility to irradiate the fuck out of station
Probably won't do that. I was PRed once but ultimately denied.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #247757

Something fucky happened with forum timezones and my own schedule. Some entries are missing, or something. I think. Well, rest in peace potential January 23 and 24 selections. You will be missed.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #247769

Make it so you can dunk donuts into coffee.
vcordie
Byond Username: Vcordie

Post by vcordie » #247771

allow rnd to upgrade the drone dispenser to make it make more drones faster.
uhhh hey guys its me Kor Phaerooin
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #247865

If rnd feels like making drones they'll just make them out of an exofab.

Also, since it was on 24, my proposal was to add action buttons to changeling abilities.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #247883

I forgot to post a winner for yesterday, so here it is:
http://puu.sh/tAWWB/8cf74e885e.png
Nabski, with a ball that you can play fetch with Ian with!
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #247893

oh shit xhuis I forgot I take back my fugu shit I just want to be able to put signallers on c4 again
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #247956

You can already put signallers on c4, only keep in mind that c4 now behaves like a grenade. This means you need to make an assembly (es. signaller + igniter) and attach it to the C4
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #247960

Can you change mine to where you can make Explosive implants like voice analizer (aka like VG)

Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #247989

Let us split chat horizontally for different sources, at least IC/OOC. Sometimes there is an interesting convo going on OOC, and I can sorta follow it while keeping an eye on IC radio, but normal just explodes for no particular reason at all at times, and I am forced to give up on one or the other because one has just too much noise. Further splittings would be a tab for department specific channels and your surroundings. Pic for reference:
mock-up.png
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #248068

A gun that shoots money.

Loaded with space cash. Can fire in 100$ SMG spray, 500$ shotgun cone, or 1000$ explosives (not like nuke ops, grenade launcher, but like, IEDs)

Another fun excuse for vault heists, doubles traitor money cases as ammunition boxes, cargonia weapon of choice.
ImageImageImage
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #248070

Iatots wrote:Let us split chat horizontally for different sources, at least IC/OOC. Sometimes there is an interesting convo going on OOC, and I can sorta follow it while keeping an eye on IC radio, but normal just explodes for no particular reason at all at times, and I am forced to give up on one or the other because one has just too much noise. Further splittings would be a tab for department specific channels and your surroundings. Pic for reference:
mock-up.png
While I'd love to do this, it's probably way out of the scale of this thread. I might just go ahead and try it outside of the contest, though.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #248156

http://puu.sh/tBP0Q/8d5201c746.png
Today's winner is dannno with timed actions being performable while drifting in space!
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #248172

that win is good for everyone
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #248258

hah sick.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #248289

I once died as a clown drifting in space because I was cuffed with gag handcuffs. The kind that come off in .5 seconds.
ImageImageImage
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #248303

calzilla1 wrote:Can you change mine to where you can make Explosive implants like voice analizer (aka like VG)
You can sort of do this by cavity implanting a voice activated grenade :D
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #248328

XDTM wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:Can you change mine to where you can make Explosive implants like voice analizer (aka like VG)
You can sort of do this by cavity implanting a voice activated grenade :D
Yeah take the hour to do that(also, make macro implants buy able for 20tc)

Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #248355

Remove bombcap from centcom as it is on lavaland
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #248356

Grazyn wrote:Remove bombcap from centcom as it is on lavaland
No reverts remember?

Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #248360

calzilla1 wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Remove bombcap from centcom as it is on lavaland
No reverts remember?
It is not a revert. He is asking to have the bomb cap raised in Centcomm Z-level so that bombs going off there (Round End shenanigans) will have full power. The Centcomm walls and such prevent the station there from taking too much damage, but the shuttle and landing areas are ripe for total destruction.

I say fund it!! :capid:

It is a simple one-line change to make happen: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... ion.dm#L15
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #248383

Remie Richards wrote: No offence, but I think you've vastly underestimated this.
Yes it's simple to do it, but just *doing* it isn't going to get accepted in a million years, light flickering needs specific optimisations for it, the lighting engine is a monster.
plus PJB is replacing our lights with vglights so you'd have to A. learn a new lighting engine and B. optimise that for flickers.
Oh thats easy to do, just make the light sprite have states, and just use an animated gif for maint's lights.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #248386

MrStonedOne wrote:
Remie Richards wrote: No offence, but I think you've vastly underestimated this.
Yes it's simple to do it, but just *doing* it isn't going to get accepted in a million years, light flickering needs specific optimisations for it, the lighting engine is a monster.
plus PJB is replacing our lights with vglights so you'd have to A. learn a new lighting engine and B. optimise that for flickers.
Oh thats easy to do, just make the light sprite have states, and just use an animated gif for maint's lights.
See, it's still a custom implementation :P

It may seem like I'm against the idea from the above, I'm actually not, I'm just worried.
私は完璧
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #248618

If I could squeeze in for the last day I would ask for being able to make riot darts from a hacked autolathe.
Image Image
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #248624

It's the last day, and it all comes down to this! The last winner is...
http://puu.sh/tDgva/34615bfcd8.png
...the new guy who just posted 20 minutes ago! Boot wins with riot darts from a hacked autolathe.

Thank you to everyone who participated. I enjoyed coding this very much and I hope you enjoy playing with them once they all get into the game.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Re: Xhuis' 2nd Annual-ish Winter Thaw (Finished)

Post by Armhulen » #248650

Will it be annual-ish-ish next year?
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #248684

Xhuis wrote:It's the last day, and it all comes down to this! The last winner is...
http://puu.sh/tDgva/34615bfcd8.png
...the new guy who just posted 20 minutes ago! Boot wins with riot darts from a hacked autolathe.

Thank you to everyone who participated. I enjoyed coding this very much and I hope you enjoy playing with them once they all get into the game.
Woo!
Image Image
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #248696

>Didn't get to bring parasting back

Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #248706

motherfucker,
were you even alive when parasting was a thing
like were you actually born before that time
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit