Remove the singularity in favour of the supermatter

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Re: Remove the singularity in favour of the supermatter

Post by XDTM » #261157

Bottom post of the previous page:

One of the main arguments for SM is standardizing it as an engine, so we can balance power and stuff around it. Making singulo/tesla easy to set up as an alternative would negate that, so it's better to leave it as a possible but hard to build option.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #261230

The whole balancing thing is never gonna happen anyways. We had the singu as the only power option for years, and coders flat out never touched it. We'll get as far as adding this as the mandatory default option for things and then coders'll drop it like a hot rock and be right back to square numero uno.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #261245

The whole balancing thing is never gonna happen anyways.
But the rebalancing already started. The default engine setup is no longer the ideal. You actually get rewarded for better set ups. It's day 1 of the supermatter and it already has more depth than the singulo.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... -282583761

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... -282568425

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... de71aed464
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #261272

Can someone sum up how this engine works, as in what creates power v. what keeps it stable?

The others seemed pretty straightforward. Sing = Giant ball of radiation, bigger ball = more rads. Tesla = shocks coils for power, more balls = more shocking.

SM = Generates rads. More emitters might make more rads, air conditions inside the chamber make more or less rads but the relationship is totally unclear.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #261275

More beams more power but also more heat
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #261295

So far I like this change.

Played a round last night where meteors destroyed the space cooling loop and the gas pipe from atmos to the engine. Frantically trying to find the problem and throw together a fix that would last until the shuttle arrived while the crystal slowly ticked up to 80% was a lot more fun than announcing the engine is loose over the radio and waiting for the shuttle to get there.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #261303

Oldman Robustin wrote:Can someone sum up how this engine works, as in what creates power v. what keeps it stable?

The others seemed pretty straightforward. Sing = Giant ball of radiation, bigger ball = more rads. Tesla = shocks coils for power, more balls = more shocking.

SM = Generates rads. More emitters might make more rads, air conditions inside the chamber make more or less rads but the relationship is totally unclear.
Not completely accurate but probably the easiest to understand:

Power:
emitter beams increase energy
higher temperatures increase power
higher amounts of oxygen moles in a gas mix increase power
N2 moles reduce power increase of oxygen

Having the crystal in an environment with enough oxygen moles causes it to turn orange which makes the power generation less based on heat.

Instability(or damage):
emitter beams cause damage
higher temperatures cause damage
low temperatures reduce damage

Reminds me, I should update the guide with this information and correct some mistakes I made.

There's also atmos reactions inside the chamber and the pipes but I am not very good at that. Just keep in mind that the crystal releases oxygen and plasma depending on the amount of power it is producing, which in a oxygen setup tend to cause fires.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #261382

Using the basic setup, i.e. what you start with + atmos loop, I was only getting 130k power without damaging the crystal.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #261394

I can't say for sure what went wrong, but I assume that you forgot to fill up the plasma tanks before inserting them. That seems to produce around 120,000W if you use the setup on the wiki which is close to your number. Fully filling them results in 400,000W output.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #261397

>implying all the oldfag CE's aren't just going to rip the SM out of its containment and shove it right where a singularity beacon would go

no fuck you i don't like change
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #261403

John_Oxford wrote:>implying all the oldfag CE's aren't just going to rip the SM out of its containment and shove it right where a singularity beacon would go

Why would the oldfags who have done the singulo thousands of times not be interested in a new, more mechanically deep engine?

Why do people complain about stagnating gameplay and then put up such resistance to changes that add more depth?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #261442

captain sawrge wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying all the oldfag CE's aren't just going to rip the SM out of its containment and shove it right where a singularity beacon would go

Why would the oldfags who have done the singulo thousands of times not be interested in a new, more mechanically deep engine?

Why do people complain about stagnating gameplay and then put up such resistance to changes that add more depth?
Because instead of adding this as an addition the coders lit the other two legacy options on fire and said that anyone who wants power has to use the new system.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #261452

We know, you've said that before and we've told you why its happening. Repeating it isn't going to change our answer and avoiding our responses doesn't make them invalid either.
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #261454

I'm not 100% sure but I think Dimentio doesn't like the coders.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #261456

MY COVER'S BLOWN
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #261465

Give atmospheric technicians access to engine 2017 so they can hold the baby engineers hands.
Freedom
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #261476

TehSteveo wrote:Give atmospheric technicians access to engine 2017 so they can hold the baby engineers hands.
This does raise a point. The engine is 100% atmos management, it feels kinda weird to have engineers doing atmos and atmos basically flipping a switch for their desired gas... and even that part isn't mandatory.

Also please replace the inner door with another r_glass window or at least have it bolted by default. It's just inviting assholes to roundstart suicide and irradiate engineering or low effort murdering/corpse disposal.
rumblystubble
Byond Username: Rumblystubble

Post by rumblystubble » #261503

Thirding giving atmos techs engine access. Also the gas to engine loop shouldn't piggyback off of the mix loop. Deltastation did it right.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #261517

you know i wouldn't really be opposed to having a SM be a option.

i wouldn't be opposed to having it generate a singularity on melt down.

but -forcing- me to -only- use the sm and -removing- the singularity -forever- is only going to get a "fuck off" from me and loads of other people. if you want to change shit don't force people into doing what you would like them to do on the premise that your a coder.

the toolboxes for example. maybe change fucking syndicate toolbox sprites, maybe add closed and open states involving the sprites.

but flatline removing legacy sprites, as you seen, have only resulted in "burn the coders" being the forums theme.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #261518

>chief engineer gets to bluespace in the engine he wants to do

>lynched for picking antimatter

fixed literally all your problems, just make the engine area open space until the chief selects an engine
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #261519

Okay but then he picks the singularity and the round ends in 10 minutes and we still have the problem.

Your choices aren't being made in a vacuum, the engine was negatively effecting the experience of 40-70 other people online a very significant number of rounds.

Quantity isn't quality, there is no point in including choices that ruin the round for the sake of choice.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #261520

You really need to cite some actual facts about how often the singu gets out, 'cause I recall only having experienced it once every 15 or so rounds which isn't that many to the average player. It's just once you've gotten to your 3000th or so game /everything/ starts repeating.

Basically the singu getting out isn't as big of a problem as you think it is Kor.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
rumblystubble

Post by rumblystubble » #261521

ShadowDimentio wrote:You really need to cite some actual facts about how often the singu gets out, 'cause I recall only having experienced it once every 15 or so rounds which isn't that many to the average player. It's just once you've gotten to your 3000th or so game /everything/ starts repeating.

Basically the singu getting out isn't as big of a problem as you think it is Kor.
The problems with it at least in my experience are this:

1)Uncreative engineering traitors who free it roundstart and don't even buy a beacon or anything
2)New engineers who rush to set it up without asking what to do and wind up freeing it

I remember a couple weeks ago there were something like ten rounds in a row where the singularity was freed roundstart.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #261522

I'd bet you money it was one newbie engineer trying and failing to set up the engine, or one chucklefuck griefing.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
rumblystubble

Post by rumblystubble » #261523

Probably but it really shouldn't be so easy to irredeemably fuck the round that early with so little effort.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #261524

You can flood plasma by flipping like two pipes, bomb the station with three minutes of work, or release a virus with like 15.

There are plenty of grieftastic options, and all it takes is one admin to play GM for two seconds to fix.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #261526

you can't do those by complete fucking accident or incompetence though
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #261528

>Fucking with atmos pipes
>Accidentally cut on the plasma and distro loop pipes
>LYNCH THE ATMOS

>Fucking with toxins
>Accidentally flood plasma
>Alternatively, make a bomb with a signaller and forget to change the signal
>Someone pulses and you explode

>Fucking with viro
>Monkey infected with bad virus
>Monkey attacks you
>Run out of viro
>Monkey chases you out and breathes on the clown
>Clown bursts into flames

The singu is by far the most common though, you're right.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
rumblystubble

Post by rumblystubble » #261529

Those things are all relatively easily fixed, too. With the singulo you're hoping mining did their job for BoH or a scientist can get lucky with a maxcap
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #261530

You need to land like 3 successive bags of holding or maxcaps without the singularity eating anything in between hits, it just isn't realistic to stop.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #261531

I liked the old days where one bag of holding would instakill a singu. Bring that back, not this.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #261532

the more you autistically sperg out and whine and threaten some kind of ancap NAP violation action by only using the other engines the more I just want to remove them completely to spite you.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #261533

That'll learn me, a'yup.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #261534

probably not but I'll feel marginally better when reading this thread.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #261541

OOC: Armhulenn: >>>>>>>>>THAT SYNDIE WHO MADE ME THINK THE SUPERMATTER WAS GOING CRAZY
OOC: Armhulenn: INFINITE FUCK YOU.
OOC: ChippedIce: lol
OOC: KorPhaeron: did a fucking lavabase syndie immitate the supermatter
OOC: ChippedIce: maybe...
OOC: KorPhaeron: thats pretty amazing on the radio guys part wish I'd been there to watch it
OOC: Armhulenn: kor it was hell
OOC: Armhulenn: i vented the whole loop while it slowly counted to 100%
OOC: ChippedIce: they were panicking hardcore
OOC: Armhulenn: and then noticed the supermatter was saying not beeping

Already a superior engine
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #261542

Kor wrote:OOC: Armhulenn: >>>>>>>>>THAT SYNDIE WHO MADE ME THINK THE SUPERMATTER WAS GOING CRAZY
OOC: Armhulenn: INFINITE FUCK YOU.
OOC: ChippedIce: lol
OOC: KorPhaeron: did a fucking lavabase syndie immitate the supermatter
OOC: ChippedIce: maybe...
OOC: KorPhaeron: thats pretty amazing on the radio guys part wish I'd been there to watch it
OOC: Armhulenn: kor it was hell
OOC: Armhulenn: i vented the whole loop while it slowly counted to 100%
OOC: ChippedIce: they were panicking hardcore
OOC: Armhulenn: and then noticed the supermatter was saying not beeping

Already a superior engine
WE RESORTED TO EMPTYING FREON IN THERE
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #261557

And the first hearty kek of this week goes to...
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #261561

These are the kind of interactions that make SS13 fun.

The singulo equivelant of this is the Syndi Radio Operator going "SINGULOOSE" and Engineers going "No its not, I can see it from here."
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #261562

Multi-keks were had.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #261571

Screemonster wrote:Multi-keks were had.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #261577

Oldman Robustin wrote:Also please replace the inner door with another r_glass window or at least have it bolted by default. It's just inviting assholes to roundstart suicide and irradiate engineering or low effort murdering/corpse disposal.
What do you mean smashing into the supermatter is not a valid suicide method
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #261603

Shadow operates on feelies alone, facts need not apply.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #261611

If you get people irradiated with your suicide method you're probably get a bwoink [at least if I'm on]. It's not funny and if you don't want to play there's no need to hamper other people's ability to. Same with egrilles if people still use that to "suicide".
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #261633

shadowdimentio is the shame of our society
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #261663

i thought i'd just chime in with my completely irrelevant opinion that i personally think this is a good change and would like to see SM engine kept as the sole main engine, with secondary turbine/solars still possible as secondary sources of power.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #261686

The singulo would be cool as hell if it got an update 'cause right now it's pretty much only there because it's been there for years. Thematically, a barely-contained black hole is something that's hella neat.

Aside from the Event Horizon route, though, I dunno how best to go about that.

Having the singulo be a thing that just fucking grows and grows and grows if left unchecked rather than merely escaping and destroying turfs in a path might be something. Something that's stationary.
Basically - if it's enclosed in a containment field, it's fine. Just sits there spewing out radiation. Etc. Anything that's in the field with it gets pulled in and destroyed. Grows as normal.
If it's not enclosed in a containment field, it starts spreading its gravitational influence at an increasingly wide radius. Unanchored things first, then mobs, finally anchored stuff gets pulled to it. within a spreading radius, turfs start to get pulled in too. If it is enclosed in a field, the only things it can affect are the field gens themselves, and at a greatly reduced radius.

Basically turn it from "thing goes on an unstoppable rampage across the station" to "station starts collapsing in upon a single point while engineers desperately try to get another field up before it gets too big, or else try to block the escape arm off with a containment field to shield the crew long enough to get on the evac shuttle", with extra engineering for people building redundant containment fields so there's still a field surrounding it if the first one gets eaten, etc.
rumblystubble

Post by rumblystubble » #261695

Screemonster wrote:words
That actually sounds really cool. You could even work some of the new gravgen mechanics into it.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #261881

I'm liking the change so far. People need to git fucking good.
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #262111

So far, it seems like it's barely gotten loose at all, at least on Sybil. I hope this changes in the future as people get used to it.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #262396

I already have ideas on how to sabotage it next time I roll traitor. Fuck with the cooling loop and the station will have a very bad day. The big difference with sabotaging the SM engine is that you have to babysit it and kill anyone who tries to fix it. With singulo, it was just a matter of sabotaging the emitters and getting out.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #262399

it's not actually that hard to make it go boom. Just carry it away from the containment in a radsuit, and leave it in the hallways. nobody is going to get far when it comes to carrying it away because of heavy radiation (throw literally any object at it for big rad pulse) and then once they're on the ground you can just hurl them at it

additionally it's hilarious when you lube up the hallways and people slip n slide into it