On Loading the Right Map

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
uristmcaleaxe
Byond Username: Uristmcaleaxe

On Loading the Right Map

Post by uristmcaleaxe » #408735

So, I've followed a few mapping guides (linked below), but I've come upon somewhat of a hiccup.
I'm trying to make it so that only my map loads, essentially. I've followed the instructions as close to the letter as I believe I can, and when I connect via Dreamseeker I'm loaded into the right area, but BoxStation still exists somewhere, as I'm able to Adminjump to it and the map is still called "Box Station" in the status tab.

Is there a segment of code, or an option somewhere that I'm missing that will cause only my new .dmm file to load?

Guides:
https://www.digg.com/r/SS13/comments/ ... d_mapping/
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_mapping

EDIT: I just tried using Change Map in the Server tab, and my custom station (TestStation) does not show up
SpaceManiac
Byond Username: SpaceManiac
Github Username: SpaceManiac

Re: On Loading the Right Map

Post by SpaceManiac » #408879

My advice: Don't check any .dmm files in DreamMaker. Don't check any mapname.dm file either. Leave _basemap.dm checked, as it is by default. Copy your new map's JSON file to data/next_map.json. If you want it to show in Change Map, you will have to edit config/maps.txt.
uristmcaleaxe
Byond Username: Uristmcaleaxe

Re: On Loading the Right Map

Post by uristmcaleaxe » #408994

I actually managed to figure it out on my own, just changed which map is labeled Default in the configs.
I've now got the much more maddening problem of trying to figure out how to make Cargo work.
My end goal/plan is to make an extended/sandbox map for a small crew, where you start at sort of a Cargo depot shack in an Asteroid field and have to mine and request cargo in order to build your base from scratch.