1%
abstain
1%

Total votes: 81

allura
Byond Username: Allura

[Poll] The great wizard den war

Post by allura » #53548

steelpoint and i both have come up with revisions to the wizard shuttle, because in its current state you can see surrounding structures from z2 with x-ray, and if we're moving the den we might as well re fuckin make it

steelpoint's revision:
according to steelpoint, the idea of the shuttle is that you have just been bombarded and, given your shuttle is totally wrecked, you're hopping to ss13 to steal the evacuation shuttle.

my revision:
my idea is fuck that noise, how about just a small ship that does what it needs to do?

remember to like comment and subscribe
Last edited by peoplearestrange on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added extra poll option
allura

Re: the great wizard den war (poll)

Post by allura » #53549

haha i voted for my own
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #53554

Just for reference, I've highlighted exactly what areas of the ship the Wizard can access.
Spoiler:
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #53558

Steelpoint's is cooler, as I'm all about extra nicknacks, but I wish there was a little more to it... I don't know what.

Also, please tell me those aren't uranium walls.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #53560

I hope those uranium walls are fake.
allura

Post by allura » #53561

they are
FrostFenex

Post by FrostFenex » #53566

Steel Points 100% as it's more intresting and it gives the wizard another reason to go to the station(rp wise).
Pybro
Byond Username: Pybro

Post by Pybro » #53571

Can't the Wizard just break down the Uranium windows there? Or are they invincible?
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #53572

What's stopping Phase Jaunt from getting into those other rooms?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #53573

Cecily wrote:What's stopping Phase Jaunt from getting into those other rooms?

Code: Select all

/obj/effect/proc_holder/spell/targeted/ethereal_jaunt
	name = "Ethereal Jaunt"
	desc = "This spell creates your ethereal form, temporarily making you invisible and able to pass through walls."

school = "transmutation"
	charge_max = 300
	clothes_req = 1
	invocation = "none"
	invocation_type = "none"
	range = -1
	cooldown_min = 100 //50 deciseconds reduction per rank
	include_user = 1
	centcom_cancast = 0 //Prevent people from getting to centcom
	var/jaunt_duration = 50 //in deciseconds
specifically "centcom_cancast" the wizard shuttle is on Z-level 2 (centcom) were it's always been.
私は完璧
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #53635

The Wizard has no possible method of getting access to the locked down rooms, I've done some extensive testing. I'll do some more tests when I can.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #53683

Pybro wrote:Can't the Wizard just break down the Uranium windows there? Or are they invincible?
they're fake windows, you can't break them.
and technically, those are *emerald* walls and windows, uranium is just the closest we have :V
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #53704

I don't actually like either. Or rather I like bits from both.

I don't like the sleek whiteness of allura, it feels too much like a Centcomm shuttle, which I feel the wizards wouldn't want at all.
I like the design of steelpoints, BUT i feel like its TOO wrecked. It doesn't really feel like there's any actual structure, like its a bunch of rooms floating in space as opposed to a half destroyed ship. When making something look wrecked its always better to make the ship completely AND THEN take bits out/blow bits up.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #53707

peoplearestrange wrote:I don't actually like either. Or rather I like bits from both.

I don't like the sleek whiteness of allura, it feels too much like a Centcomm shuttle, which I feel the wizards wouldn't want at all.
I like the design of steelpoints, BUT i feel like its TOO wrecked. It doesn't really feel like there's any actual structure, like its a bunch of rooms floating in space as opposed to a half destroyed ship. When making something look wrecked its always better to make the ship completely AND THEN take bits out/blow bits up.
Funny thing is I did end up doing a entire ship design when I started doing the lower part of the ship. The core idea I had was that the Wizard's ship had a crew compliment of around six people, the main Wizard and five apprentices.

My headcanon is that all the apprentices got killed/blown out into space during the intial attack leaving the sole Wizard to contend with four squads of the Death Squad.

Edit: Here's the full ship image. I don't think its the worlds best as it looks very box like (heh) but it does get accross that this is a ship for long term usage, not some emergency shuttle. Also its not finished as I focused more on the blown up variant.
Spoiler:
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #53751

Steelpoint your mapping prowess really shows when you make shit look blown up
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: [Poll] The great wizard den war

Post by peoplearestrange » #53761

Shit, I might have reset the poll by adding an extra option. Sorry bout that, re-cast your votes if you will.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box