MetaStation (Old Thread, Please Lock)

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
metacide
Byond Username: Metacide

MetaStation (Old Thread, Please Lock)

Post by metacide » #5470

Note: I decided to make a new thread here, please go there instead.
metacide wrote: For The Most Up-To-Date Info, Check the SS13 Wiki, or GitWiki

MetaStation is a largely complete additional map available in the /tg/ code as an alternative to the default one. MetaStation was previously run on Badger, the second official /tg/ server, Basil, under NTStation code on Artyom, and on /vg/ using their own fork. It has been tested quite extensively and has been generally well received. Due to this play-testing, it is now largely bug free, and most feedback revolves around gameplay changes and balancing. Please give any feedback you may have in this thread, and rest assured that the map is regularly updated according to such feedback.

Most Recent Version: v40B (07/02/2015) (Download .zip):

[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/858120/Static/SS13/MetaStation/15-02-07%2018-10%20MetaStation.v40B%20Full%20-%20800.png[/img]
(Full-size map of the station, click for the full image)

MetaStation v40B Changelog:
  • Fixed brig desk door controls not working
    Fixed missing version info on arrivals commemorative plaque
    Fixed rogue blast door west of HoP office
    Fixed metal-glass table in genetics - now all-glass
    Fixed incorrect helmet variant in the armory
    Added medical surplus storeroom and adjusted aspects of medical storage
    Added ClothesMate vendor to the dormitories
    Change bridge colour scheme to dark-tile base
    Various other minor adjustments and fixes
Other Images

[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/858120/Static/SS13/MetaStation/14-04-05%2014-27%20MSv39%20v39K%20Wires%20and%20Pipes%20-%20800.png[/img]
(Slightly outdated map of the station showing all of the underfloor wiring and piping)

[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/858120/Static/SS13/MetaStation/13-12-03%2012-43%20MSv38N%20Simplified%20Map%20-%20800.png[/img]
(Slightly outdated simplified map showing the general layout of the station)

(Size comparison image that Jordie made, BoxStation (tg.2.1.2) is black, MetaStation is green.)
Last edited by metacide on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
MetaStation is currently running by vote or by default on both Sibyl and Basil
Feedback and suggestions are welcome in the MetaStation thread
metacide

Re: MetaStation (v39L 24/04/14) and Mapping Help

Post by metacide » #5471

Meta's Guide to Enthusiast Mapping
Written for those with any or no idea of how to use the map-maker. Wiki entry coming soon.

I have no idea how experienced anyone reading this is, so I'll start from the top and try to assume little. First, you need to get yourself a copy of all the files for editing. To do this, go here and click the ZIP button next to clone this in windows. You won't be able to push to the GitHub repo or anything, but that's complicated and something you can get round to later. Once the .zip downloads, extract it wherever.

So now you have your folder with the latest code in, and a zip backup to go back to if you break everything. In the master folder, you'll see "tgstation.dme". You want to open this with Dream Maker a program that'll be in your BYOND folder. Set Dream Maker as the default program for opening .dme files, if it isn't already. When you open it, you'll see a two tabs on the left: file, and object. In the file tab, open maps, and then open 'tgstation.2.1.2.dmm', or whatever the current map version is called. You'll then get something looking a bit like this:

[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/858120/Static/SS13/MetaStation/12-08-07%2020-34%20Dream%20Maker%20-%20800.png[/img]

Switch from the files tab to the objects tab, and you'll see area, mob, objects, and turf. These are the four primary 'layers' that you can see in the editor. You can toggle their visability and interactivity on and off using the layers dropdown. I'd advise copying this map, and renaming it to, say, teststation.dmm. Perhaps delete most or all of the default station, and build on the now-empty z-level, wherever you like. To build stuff, use the object tree on the left of the UI to select things, then click to place them. A handy tip is that control-clicking places an object on top of others, instead of replacing them. You can have multiple maps open at once - I usually have the default /tg/station map and mine open, and can then shamelessly copy-paste things far more easily. Also, finding stuff in the object tree can be tedious as hell - right click something you see and you can see its path in the tree - obj/structure/closet/etc. This will help you find things. From this point on, really, you can begin mapping proper.

You can select areas to copy/paste/delete, or enter add or fill mode when placing objects. Basically just click around all the menus and you'll work out how they work, more or less. Options>Zoom allows you to zoom out to 50% to see more stuff. Use layers to select which of area, objects and turf you want to edit. If you actually want to be able to see anything, I'd deselect area, and tick 'only show selectable layers'.

The first step, then, is to be able to create your first few rooms. Select a turf (floor) from the generic simulated floors. These will start with the right make-up and pressure of air on them, which is how you'll want it. Surround these floors with walls, and hey presto you have a room. Try sticking some tables in there, perhaps a vending machine or two. One you've made your room you'll want to put lights in. To get these to work, however, they need power.

So now we get to the basics of making a functioning room. First of all, you'll need to re-enable the area layer. Pick some area from the object tree, and cover your room in it. You can rename this area if you want, we'll do that later. Make sure the area isn't used anywhere else on the map. Each area should have one APC or Area Power Controller in it. Copy one in from the default map.

To rename an area or APC, you need to right click it, and select EDIT. This will give you a menu showing you all of its changeable variables. Name is what you'll want to change. You'll see a hell of a lot of other things you can change, too. Any that aren't defaults are in BOLD. The menu will look something like this:

As you can see, cell type and dir are both in bold. Cell type defines how much power the APC can hold, you'll want to set this nice and high as you don't have any sort of generator yet - 10,000 ought to do. Dir defines the direction the APC is in with regards to the cell it occupies. Basically, 1 means it is above the cell you place it in, 2 is below, 4 is to the right and 8 to the left:

Note that with APCs, dir is the only variable controlling their position. Other objects have their positions defined by pixel_x and pixel_y - this changes where APCs appear in the editor, but once ingame they snap to whatever the dir variable says. Other things, like signs on walls, will only take notice of the pixel variables and not necessarily dir. In a normal power system, you'd connect the APC up to all the others and the station's generator via SMES cells, but we'll do that later. For now you have a basic room that is powered and starts with enough air to breathe happily. You can put an air canister in if you think you'll consume all the oxygen, or somesuch.

Important Note: There are nudge_x and nudge_y variables in the editor, as well as various z-axis variables. Don't ever change these, they're not used in SS13 and break things.

To be able to actually spawn into a room, you'll want to place spawners. You'll see these as the big red X symbols on the default map, for each role. There are also blue Xs for xeno spawn locations and the spawns for all latecomers on the arrival shuttle. Stick in a spawn_late somewhere in your room for now.

To actually play your map and be able to screw around in it as an admin, you'll have to compile it. First, make sure the file tree (on the left like the object tree, click the file tab) is open, and go to maps. Make sure the only one ticked is your own. Then click Build>Compile from the top, and wait for it to finish. This will give you a something like "tgstation.dmb" in the folder containing bot, code, config, maps, etc. Whilst here, quickly go into config, and open 'admins.txt'. Replace everything in there with:

"<yourbyondname> - Game Master", filling in your BYOND name.

This will make you an admin, which is very helpful for tinkering ingame. Now to actually boot up a server so you can run your map! Find 'Dream Daemon' (has a big green icon) in your BYOND folder, and click the 'File' dropdown at the bottom. Select your "tgstation.dmb". Select a port if you want, put security on safe, and visibility to invisible, for now. Click start to start the server, which will take a little while. You can then connect to it through BYOND by putting in either your external IP, shown in Dream Daemon, if that port is correctly forwarded. Otherwise use your internal IP, 192.168.x.x, where x is whatever. If you don't know this, ask and I can help. Once in, go to the admin tab and click 'start game'. By joining after the start, you'll spawn at the late spawn you made, and, being an admin, will be able to make stuff, delete stuff, and other handy admin things (like causing massive explosions).

From there on, you can make whatever you like, really. Copying the default map and working out how everything works isn't too hard and is fairly rewarding. You could just tweak the default one for a bit if you like. The first thing I made was a small shuttle - you can see this at the bottom. Just tweak it and add stuff and you'll work out how almost everything works fairly easily. For explanations of wiring, piping, and atmos, ask away on here. I'll add an atmos guide later on, as well as a power generation and wiring guide. If you're a good engineer in-game, it'll help a lot as a mapper.

If you've managed to get all the way to the end of this before I've added more, fine effort on your part. Have fun screwing around with stuff, and feel free to ask anything you like. I'll add more stuff here soon.
Last edited by metacide on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #5646

PTW, and to find the code bit.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
metacide

Post by metacide » #10676

Ok, I finally got round to updating the images in this. Thanks for posting it.

Will make a go of updating the actual map itself on both codebases sometime later this week, hopefully.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #14474

Dunno if it happens on tg as well, but on nt, the contraband weapon (stechkin/shotgun/whatever) spawns on top of the locker now, instead of inside it.

Edit: Also, the space suit (the suit itself, not the helmet) located in the toxin test range firing room thing, when you first remove it from the suit holder thing, it has no sprite, and continues to have no sprite, until you place it somewhere (although a few times even after that it was still invisible, I never carefully tested it). Not sure if it's only that space suit, but I've stolen that a few times now, and it always comes out with no sprite, really weird.

Edit2: Because of the changes to sec, making sec officers spawn with a baton and black gloves, someone removed batons from all sec lockers, and the sec gloves from the brig. This SOMEWHAT overlooks the fact that job change officers now don't have access to either.
The ideal solution would be to have the sec lockers in the brig have batons (not the secpost ones) and to put a couple of black/sec gloves into the sec wardrobes. Or something.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #15068

Do this, it's my one gripe with your map.

Mining and cargo would be closer to science, service would be right outside arrivals AND across from the library.

This would basically make your map more than perfect honestly. The rest of the layout is perfect, but mining being so far from science is really really bothersome and service being right outside the arrivals is something people have already discussed is an awesome idea (it works really well on cogstation).

I know swapping two whole sections of the map isn't easy, and would take forever, but it'd be totally worth it.

Yeah, HoP would be further from cargonia, but honestly, how often does the HoP actually go to cargo? Plus, if that's really an issue, you can make it like box where the HoP office is across the hall, underneath the captain office, where the gateway is currently.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #15109

if i had 10 million years i could not say no enough times to signify how much i do not want that change
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
rosello

Post by rosello » #15150

What? Fuck no, that's a terrible idea. Service areas are fine where they are, since they're closer to more departments.
wake me up before you jojo
Marshall/Mira Mudskipper, Bethan/Renni Ashbird, Trish/Susan Gecko, Mia Karp/K.A.R.P, Elliot Spark, Adriana/Octavia Spiral, Mimi Mime, Violet Caterpillar, Eve Steel, Bethan Butterfly
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #15164

yeah dont do that
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15252

But why, cargo/mining is way too far from science and service should totally be in front of arrivals, what? Can I actually get some explanations as to why their current locations are somehow better when service is near fucking atmos/engineering/science for some reason when cargo is a much more industrial department and service isn't near the library/arrivals which would function way better as the 'civillian' section of the station and not the research/industrial part?

Tool storage/dorms/disposals could be swapped too, which would keep the locker rooms near service, keep the tool storage/disposals near supply..
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
miggles

Post by miggles » #15282

because the service sector is a central point of the map where people always are
that central point should also be near all the major departments
cargo is fucking useless to everyone unless there's an emergency and moving mining to science wont do anything other than make the trip take 5 less seconds
its not about putting all the "similar" departments together, its about putting things where theyre most useful to people
and cargo is not useful to people
hence why it is far away from the bustling parts of the station
rosello

Post by rosello » #15349

Yeah, if the service areas were put where cargo is currently, even less people will actually bother to go there. As it is, people only bother to even go to the bar/kitchen because it's so close to the department they work in.
wake me up before you jojo
Marshall/Mira Mudskipper, Bethan/Renni Ashbird, Trish/Susan Gecko, Mia Karp/K.A.R.P, Elliot Spark, Adriana/Octavia Spiral, Mimi Mime, Violet Caterpillar, Eve Steel, Bethan Butterfly
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15361

Why would less people go to the department literally directly outside of arrivals again?
miggles wrote:its about putting things where theyre most useful to people
Cargo is useful to people, it's useful to science and engineering, which is why it should be next to them.

Library is in an absolutely horrid position on the map, and it being closer to service would make a lot more sense. Changing where service is wouldn't change anything about its 'popularity' or make people not want to go to service less, and it won't make people go to the kitchen less. That's a problem with the kitchen, food, and hunger system inherently, and has nothing to do with its map placement at all.

Plus, it makes a lot more sense to have the service/civillian/dorms/locker rooms outside of arrivals than it does to have them on the other side of the map imo, right now everything is extremely jumbled and confusing rather than being sectioned off properly.
miggles wrote:and moving mining to science wont do anything other than make the trip take 5 less seconds
Which is why it's a good idea. You could attach mining and rnd and it'd be better for everyone in those departments while making shit more efficient. Even if this somehow made people go to service less, it's a much better alternative than cargo being a long distance away from engineering and science when those are the departments it's most useful to.

It's like you guys have no idea how gameplay flow works and just give a shit about muh bar RP when map placement has zero to do with that.

You literally cannot say cargo is not useful to science and engineering without making yourself look like a gigantic tool that has never played ss13.

Edit: Some random map WIPs show that other people do it as well:
Image - Brostation
Image - Allura's WIP

Like seriously, do you need any more evidence?
miggles

Post by miggles » #15397

how in the fuck is cargo in any way even marginally useful to engineering?
when has an engineer ever been low on engineering materials?
there is a bucketload in engineering already. what are they going to buy? metal? glass? a new engine? what??
how does it make more sense to put service anywhere else than it is now? nobody is confused about the map. everyone knows where everything is and it all makes sense.
cargo is useful to science in 2 ways: mining, for minerals, and shotguns, for combat research. that's pretty much it. do you think cutting up the entire map is worth the 5 seconds you shave off walking to bring those 2 crates to science?
consider that way, way more people use the service sector than can even possibly be in the entirety of logistics. and then consider that fucking nobody plays cargo tech and at most there's usually 1, maybe 2 shaft miners. so.. 3 people MAX benefit from being closer to 2 departments that only use them every once in a while, while everyone else has to walk to the other side of the station instead to get to service.
service serves more people in one round than cargo will serve rnd and engineering combined in 5 rounds. anyone can come and enjoy some free food or a blunt or something to drink. every single person on the station. two (in reality 1) department(s) benefit from cargo on a normal round, and not even every round.
Alzam
Byond Username: Alzam

Post by Alzam » #15402

Doesn't R&D have its own mail tag anyways? You don't even need to drag the crate all the way to science.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15442

Meh, seems counter intuitive to have service where it is right now instead of near library etc. Switching where it is would only make it further from science and engineering, but it'd still be closer to medbay so nothing really changes there.

Do you really not want to walk 5 seconds longer to get your ambrosia vulgaris? I'm pretty sure we know what's more important to the flow the game.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #15458

having it near library would be like box station's departure wing - fucking dead.
Having people need to move around a bit means they interact with each more, as opposed to just having everything super optimised so people only take 10 steps out of their department, with a big dead area.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15471

Tedium for the sake of roleplay is just tedium. If people don't want to roleplay they fucking won't, to be honest.
miggles

Post by miggles » #15534

yeah except they do which is why those areas are so busy
if people dont want to play CT or miner, they wont either, and then that entire space becomes useless
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15614

If mining/cargo was closer to science I'd play miner AND cargo tech more. Why do you think I'm suggesting this?
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #15632

You're seriously holding out on a job for ten seconds of walking time once every 10 minutes?
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #16022

toxins should have an analyzer in it's room, so if you're not a scientist you can scan canisters
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #19633

Why would a not-scientist have a need to scan canisters other than being someone who's broken in and making bombs?
Assuming they're not a criminal they could just ask a scientist
Or become a scientist.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
as334
Byond Username: As334
Github Username: as334

Post by as334 » #19749

If someone job transfers into science they won't have the PDA cartridge.
Personally I think they should just put a blue toolbox in toxins and call it a day.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #19756

Or maybe they should put TWO toolboxes in research.

OH WAIT.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #19919

as334 wrote:If someone job transfers into science they won't have the PDA cartridge.
Personally I think they should just put a blue toolbox in toxins and call it a day.
There is certainly not a PDA cart dispenser in the same place you go to get a job transfer, or anything....
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #26991

I recently had a very quick catchup to find out what has been preventing Metacide to do things with metastation and sadly to say Real life has caught a new prisoner for now.

Until Metacide can saw off that chain connected to the leg MetaStation is on Hiatus unless someone else takes over the mapping for it.

(If someone else does take over the mapping please tell me and I would be willing to unlock this thread unless ya want to start a new thread of course)

Unlocked for now but nobody please bring this thread back in hype until at least Metacide has made another working copy of the map or talks about it please
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #63928

i made a working copy of the map
http://puu.sh/frdar/f59f0103d2.zip
Last edited by allura on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #63942

praise allura our lord and savior
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #64643

Allura gestures!
Metastation shudders and begins to move!
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #64695

Is metacide actually coming back? Getting pretty sick of box on badgerstation
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
allura

Post by allura » #64714

just ask sos to run meta without metacide
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #64735

I PMed him but never got a response. I don't think we will get off box station unless more people message him.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
miggles

Post by miggles » #64847

Wyzack wrote:I PMed him but never got a response. I don't think we will get off box station unless more people message him.
the joke is that he refuses to do it for some reason
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #64887

Are we actually stuck with box station permanently now? Truly these are the end times.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #65533

The dark god metacide rouses from his sleep
The basillians are forced from their homeland as refugees to the Box.
Their refuges in assstation and eff3landia have been crumpled.
The Goons walk the land, corrupting all that they touch.

Truly, the end times have come.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #65545

IA IA METACIDE FTHAGEN RLYEH
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #65548

Box is perfectly fine but metastation is better

However, if someone else maintains metastation, it will be shit, I prefer metacide, would rather have box if metacide isn't mapping since everyone else is really incompetent.
allura

Post by allura » #65566

why do i even bother
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #65579

You cannot escape.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
allura

Post by allura » #65705

fyi if you downloaded the map file already, if it ever becomes outdated just check back at the thread. im still maintaining it.
metacide

Post by metacide » #65876

Thanks for keeping the map updated Allura - just downloaded the copy you linked earlier.

Going over it now to see what changes there are, see what I have in my old plans, perhaps add some things to it. Will post on here as I go, but I'll try and ensure everything is working as it should, then update the wiki, the online map image, and the thread here and such when I'm done.

Does anyone have any particular suggestions for changes at the moment?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #65877

Swap the inbound and outbound conveyors for the cargo shuttle, so that tunneling through a wall and plopping down a few conveyors is all that's needed for delivering crates from the shuttle straight to the mailing system.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
metacide

Post by metacide » #65878

That sounds like a great idea. I could perhaps just connect the two rooms with a purpose-built system allowing you to easily do that all the time - worth it, do you reckon?

How long have conveyors been build-able?
Last edited by metacide on Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #65879

For a while now. I remember first hooking up Cargo to a conveyor system when Basil ran AssStation.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
metacide

Post by metacide » #65880

Always more stuff to discover on here, neat to hear.

A question for Allura - is there anything that has yet to be updated on this map which will need looking at?

I'm not terribly familiar with what has changed since I was last around, but it looks very up-to-date.

Again, thanks so much for working on it - lovely to see it compiling with 0 errors after all this time.

---------

Update: Have gone over the map, looks like it's very much up to date, fixed a few piping issues and station wall-map alignments, but other than that it seems pretty good to go. Now I'm just tweaking things and seeing what I might add.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #65893

ITS HAPPENING! Meta have you talked to scaredy about switching server 2 back to metastation? We are on boxstation now and it kills me to play there. The talk of the town recently has been the massive overhual to chemistry and subsequently medbay, but it is in a kind of state of flux as it still has some problems
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
metacide

Post by metacide » #65930

Well here's a quick preview of the next version (v40A):

[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/858120/Static/SS13/MetaStation/15-02-04%2015-18%20MSv40A%20800.png[/img]

Hopefully I can get the wiki and such updated tonight, and get the map back in the repo for testing if and when people are happy to test it.

I'll drop a note with SoS sometime and see what they reckon.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #65934

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT HE REALLY IS BACK
Immediate feedback: While you were gone I got SUPER into Eff 3 and Box maint. I think that maint could use a lot more twists and turns and non-linear paths and choices, like box, and also a lot more sick detailing, like Eff 3. On Eff 3 there's shit like tools and random stock parts and small things on the ground, that some people might no care about but others might. Real "one man's trash is another man's treasure" kind of shit. There's robot debris here and there and whatnot that really makes it feel like there was a previous shift and that the station was populated and it feels really good.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
metacide

Post by metacide » #65947

Made a pull-request, but I'm a bit rusty with TortoiseGit and might have screwed something up:

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/7549

And regarding maint, I'll see what I can do. I did intend to expand the area over the construction zone north of the shuttle - perhaps I can take a look at the rest of maint at the same time.

Updated the first post, now looking at the wiki.