4%

Total votes: 49

Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Socially segregated station

Post by Qbopper » #138030

Bottom post of the previous page:

The only problem I have with this idea is that while it's interesting and could be fun, the way map rotation seems to work it would probably be quite a few rounds before it switches to a traditional station and people could get burnt out easily
Limey wrote:its too late.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #138148

Yes for unethical social experiment station.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #138157

Qbopper wrote:The only problem I have with this idea is that while it's interesting and could be fun, the way map rotation seems to work it would probably be quite a few rounds before it switches to a traditional station and people could get burnt out easily
Nothing stopping admins from forcing this map for a few rounds longer etc.

Really interested in this map idea, could create some really fresh meta and decent gameplay. Nice!
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #138369

The mime works in hightown and the clown is kept in lowtown.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #138370

1g88a wrote:The mime works in hightown and the clown is kept in lowtown.
I thought this map would be shit but now I'm suddenly 100% behind it.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #139185

peoplearestrange wrote:
Qbopper wrote:The only problem I have with this idea is that while it's interesting and could be fun, the way map rotation seems to work it would probably be quite a few rounds before it switches to a traditional station and people could get burnt out easily
Nothing stopping admins from forcing this map for a few rounds longer etc.

Really interested in this map idea, could create some really fresh meta and decent gameplay. Nice!
Yeah honestly I'm warming up to the idea a lot but due to the nature of it I would seriously hope it only gets played when admins are on, not even because of burnout but because of how easily it'll lead to people being shits

I'd love to see this though - hell, if no one else is doing it right now I might even try throwing something together

Imagine being on the poor side and having to scrounge for something like a multitool or gloves - hell, give the AI a lawset specific to the map, so like, people in the hightown take priority for the AI, etc

lots of places this could go
Limey wrote:its too late.
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #165150

Mind if I try to make my own version?
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #165187

Go for it. I stopped playing quite a bit ago.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
CocaneStyle
Byond Username: CocaneStyle

Post by CocaneStyle » #182593

Seems like an interesting idea, I have a suggestion on the station shape though.

I think an hourglass shape with security in the center would naturally funnel player interaction in a more natural way then a wide Rwall boarder with some gaps in it.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #182621

CocaneStyle wrote:Seems like an interesting idea, I have a suggestion on the station shape though.

I think an hourglass shape with security in the center would naturally funnel player interaction in a more natural way then a wide Rwall boarder with some gaps in it.
this.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #182797

I for one like the idea because we can take people infected with diseases and quarantine them to the low class section and make it even shittier by turning it into a shithole where disease runs rampant along with crime and poverty.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #182799

Jacough wrote:I for one like the idea because we can take people infected with diseases and quarantine them to the low class section and make it even shittier by turning it into a shithole where disease runs rampant along with crime and poverty.
I love the idea of the Virologist being a plague doctor.
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #182805

Um i just read this thread and i want to clarify that the only reason i told steelpoint that his idea was shit is because i felt he had the potential to make a great normal station. Wasting time on a gimmick station when you could be making something actually awesome is dumb
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #183724

allura wrote:Um i just read this thread and i want to clarify that the only reason i told steelpoint that his idea was shit is because i felt he had the potential to make a great normal station. Wasting time on a gimmick station when you could be making something actually awesome is dumb
Thing is, we already have a couple of good normal stations. It's unlikely that another will be made that's somehow much better than both of them.

So with that in mind, why not base a map on a gimmick so it might actually get used?