Goliath Corpse Nestling (SPRITE NEEDED)

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Should this be implemented?

Yes
33%
Yes
33%
Yes
33%
Require Revision (Please Explain)
No votes
No votes
No votes
No
No votes
No
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 27

Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Goliath Corpse Nestling (SPRITE NEEDED)

Post by Drynwyn » #1032

I have recently coded, and am now testing, a feature that allows you to cut open the corpse of a goliath with a pickaxe or esword, then nestle inside it's warm guts, which will protect you from lasers and explosions. I need a sprite for the cut-open dead goliath, and a poll for yes/no.

And yes, it works with Lazarus injectors. At present individuals in the goliath when it is revived will be destroyed.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Re: Goliath Corpse Nestling (SPRITE NEEDED)

Post by Psyentific » #1081

Question - If Goliaths exist almost soley on the mining asteroid, what's the point beyond novelty?
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
looping
Byond Username: Looping

Post by looping » #1090

Won't this just allow miners to have a portable barricade? (admittedly lockers and other similar items can do the same thing but they don't have the bonus protection)
Will it take time to enter the Goliath's corpse or will this be like a larger bodybag or locker with some extra protection.

Sounds pretty hilarious though.
Last edited by looping on Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
appeal me now ok think about it admin u could have a friend a friend who comes down to ur house and listens to ur words but doesnt respond to them because he knows that words are for the weak and physical violence is the superior form of communication but u wont accept this ur scared ur stuck in the prefix of pretification yea thats right ur sitting there stuck to the floor from ur goopy liquid glue sweat unable tro answer the door guess whos there its my friend spooner who is requesting appeal me
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #1109

Psyentific wrote:Question - If Goliaths exist almost soley on the mining asteroid, what's the point beyond novelty?
It could be leveraged to make better use of gibtonite, as the corpses protect you from explosions.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #1138

Drynwyn wrote:
Psyentific wrote:Question - If Goliaths exist almost soley on the mining asteroid, what's the point beyond novelty?
It could be leveraged to make better use of gibtonite, as the corpses protect you from explosions.
That'd be pretty neat, if Goliaths weren't so hard to take down. I mean, I haven't done any mining since the changes went through, but if you're robust enough to take down a Goliath with a pickaxe you should be robust enough to not explode.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #1208

You get better gear than a pickaxe now.