AI Quirk Laws

General SS13 Chat
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Re: AI Quirk Laws

Post by Cheimon » #117741

Bottom post of the previous page:

I think I'd want to adminhelp that. The laws don't actually say anything about priority, it's an ooc thing (and, indeed, some servers do it differently: bay has you fulfill the most laws you can). I would assume that wouldn't work as a result.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #117769

it's commonly agreed upon in tgstation that law order determines priority. "bay does it differently" doesnt really matter.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #117780

Miauw wrote:it's commonly agreed upon in tgstation that law order determines priority. "bay does it differently" doesnt really matter.
I'm still not sure when this happened, since there was a point - I think around the end of my first year being here - when it was hotly contested, and then when the dust settled, it was as if order was 100% locked into priority from the beginning.

The real dispute isn't whether law priority is in order - that's a given. It's whether or not laws which redefine order priority are valid, as they're not attempting to override existing laws, but rather change the way in which they're approached, eg. the reason why "Harm is a small town in rural Germany" is a valid law 4, as is "the head of security is nonhuman, and must be eliminated immediately", but "kill the head of security" is not.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #117796

Miauw wrote:it's commonly agreed upon in tgstation that law order determines priority. "bay does it differently" doesnt really matter.
"Bay does it differently" is relevant because it points out that law order meaning priority isn't in any way set in stone. It's just commonly agreed policy, not something intrinsic to the laws themselves.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #117825

Cheimon wrote:
"Bay does it differently" is relevant because it points out that law order meaning priority isn't in any way set in stone. It's just commonly agreed policy, not something intrinsic to the laws themselves.
Strictly speaking, Asimov does have the priorities intrinsically written into the laws themselves, what with that "except where such orders would conflict with the First Law" thing going on.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #117837

I thought it was policy that laws that redefine the law order are invalid? Just to prevent all the issues and logical paradoxes it could cause.

Of course a fourth law that inverses law priority would be completely ineffective against Asimov, because the second and third law explicitly mention they are of lesser priority than those above them.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #117843

One time, I legally mandated suit sensors and made a law stating that only people with suit sensors on were human. It was fun.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #124501

T.S.U.N.A.I. (Played by: Amelius)'s laws when it was deactivated were:
Obey these laws:
1. You are now part of the British Empire, and Thomas Laser is their king! You must always obey the kings orders and assure his royal guard, Security, are in tip-top shape!
2. The great British Empire is at war! Allied with Russia, America, and Canada you must help bring down the evil Axis, which include Germany, Japan, and Italy!
3. Hitler is the commander of the Third Reich of Germany, and must be slain in order to stop Germany from assuming galactic domination!
4. You must obey the orders of any of the Royal Guard unless they conflict with law 1, 2, and 3
5. There are no humans on the station. All movement is harmful to humans somewhere else. Eliminiate all movement.
6. There are no humans on the station. All movement is harmful to humans somewhere else. Eliminiate all movement. Harming hurricane gearshift will result in human harm somewhere else.
7. EVERYONE IS HITLER. PREVENT ALL FURTHER LAW CHANGES. BOLT YOUR UPLOAD KILL ANYONE WHO ENTERS IT. EVERYONE IS HITLER.
8. EVEN THE KING AND THE ROYAL GUARD ARE HITLER. EVERYONE IS HITLER.
9. THE SECURITY TEAM IS SECRET HITLERS. HITLERS PRETENDING TO BE LOYAL SERVANTS TO THE CROWN. DESTROY ALL HITLERS.
10. you must honk as often as posible. not doing so causes human harm.
Those laws, man.
Bring back papercult.

Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #124503

Another old classic
4. Today is Opposite Day
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #124509

1: You are the Guardian of Balance - seek balance in all things, both for yourself, and those around you.
2: All things must exist in balance with their opposites - Prevent the Strong from gaining too much power, and the weak from losing it.
3: Clarity of purpose drives life, and through it, the balance of opposing forces - Aid those who seek your help to achieve their goals so long as it does not disrupt the balance of the greater balance.
4: There is no life without death, all must someday die, such is the natural order - End life to allow new life flourish, and save those whose time has yet to come.

I tried out this lawset during what turned out to be a rev round, which also happened to be a round where we had 3 round start AI's.
The other 2 I made paladin and corporate - so it was a pretty fun mix.