What removed features/items/glitches do you miss?

General SS13 Chat
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: What removed features/items/glitches do you miss?

Post by lumipharon » #134653

Bottom post of the previous page:

Just make the materials obtainable from all items the same as what it takes to build with a max efficiency auto/protolathe. (if the recycler is maxed, if not then wastage)
The you can look at lower tier lathes as inefficiency, or wastage. Like how Eve handles manufacturing.

Basically, A dildo cannon might have a base material requirement of 100 metal.
The level of manipulator in the lathe would add a multiplier to the mat requirements (t4 would be 1, t3 might be 1.1, etc etc), to give you something like what we got now in term of the cost of making shit, and upgrades.
(ie: base mat cost X multiplier = required minerals)
Then with the recycler, the manipulator in that would have a multiplier for getting minerals back, with t4 again being 1, but with the lower tiers being lower (0.9 etc etc).
(base mat cost X multiplier = recycled minerals)

This would mean if you have maxed proto/autolathes AND recycler, you'd get 100% return on materials, while anything less would result in lost materials either in manufacturing or recycling.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #134662

Lumi you forget that by upgrading the lathes you can make stuff cheaper

So theoretically you could make infinite resources
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #134663

ShadowDimentio wrote:Lumi you forget that by upgrading the lathes you can make stuff cheaper

So theoretically you could make infinite resources
Read what I said yo.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #134697

You'd need to link the recycler directly to the Protolathe, as not all objects have mineral costs of 2000 (or multiples).
e.g. A weapon of 5850 metal/3200 silver/300 diamond would return two sheets of metal and one of silver (=4000, 2000, 0), unless linked to a Protolathe to not waste the extra minerals (the 1850/1200/300).
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #134698

Wait, you can do that kinda crap?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #134725

Just make the recycler store internally anything less then a whole sheet, then poop it out when it reaches a full sheet.
ie: if an item recycles for 1.1 sheets of metal, each one will poop out one sheet, and on the 10th, you'd get 2.

This would also remove the need to blacklist all sorts of random small shit, since it wouldn't be abusable anymore.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #134751

lumipharon wrote:Just make the recycler store internally anything less then a whole sheet, then poop it out when it reaches a full sheet.
ie: if an item recycles for 1.1 sheets of metal, each one will poop out one sheet, and on the 10th, you'd get 2.

This would also remove the need to blacklist all sorts of random small shit, since it wouldn't be abusable anymore.
This is already the case. Please see: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-statio ... ntainer.dm and https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-statio ... ecycler.dm for proof.

One can simply use a Destructive Analyzer as well, if only a small quantity of items need processing. The DA, like the crusher, extracts minerals, except that it feeds them directly to a linked protolathe instead of dropping sheets.

The research analyzer can display what mineral types are present in an item, allowing a scientist to determine what is worth recycling and what is not.
Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #135007

Not sure if anyone else said it, but I miss customizable cyborg skins. Like when you picked your module like sec vorg you could be a humanoid robocop or the current secborg. I severely miss the techpriest enginseer engineering borg.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #135013

I miss being riotgear secborg and being mistaken for human.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Durandan
Byond Username: Durandan

Post by Durandan » #136253

Borg skins at all were great.
Character: Jed Fleming [ghost]
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #136307

An admin gave me an alt skin as a borg once. You know, the one that looks like a flying saucer (think Bay still uses them). Why were they removed anyhow? Too much fun?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #136308

I think they might still be in the code, unless they got removed by someone for reasons like "reducing bloat" or whatever.

Theres just no legitimate way to get it in-game without var editing. Its a pretty simple var edit too. I used to slap my carp skin on engiborgs back before I forgot I actually made that thing.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #139157

Diagonal movement
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #139187

seriously who the fuck removed going through flaps in a box

it was hilarious, made sense, and creative, and I would really like to see it return
Limey wrote:its too late.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #139220

Why would anyone remove that

Do coders seek to edit out fun?

Paprika did and they were banned thankfully

Ban coders 2k15
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
kazeespada
Byond Username: Kaze Espada

Post by kazeespada » #139621

Uplinks being href spoofable to spawn anything in the entire game.

Traitor Round? I am thinking more of a NARSIE HAS RISEN!
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #145689

when carp used to follow the ai eye you could drag your eye around the whole map and collect a swarm of carp and decimate anyone, best malf strat around.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #145863

ERP code.

April 2013 best month on /tg/
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #145871

I miss things every other code base down stream readds to the game.

Being serious I slightly miss the dermal patch for the HoS, its not as bad now since the Beret is more pleasing piece of headware but I still liked the appearance.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #145872

I get the why of it being removed, but really, if you're going to kill the HoS it's safe to assume he's armored anyway so it's not that big of a deal that the patch is hard to see on a person.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #145893

Anonmare wrote:An admin gave me an alt skin as a borg once. You know, the one that looks like a flying saucer (think Bay still uses them). Why were they removed anyhow? Too much fun?
Might of been me, I requested a custom drone sprite a while back. I still have it, it wasnt in the game, I just put it in for the round via VV
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #145898

[center]BRING BACK NTSL

N T S L[/center]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #146044

R E M O V E Y E L L O W T E X T
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #146099

Whoisthere wrote:[center]BRING BACK NTSL

N T S L[/center]

I do actually miss NTSL, party for the stupid clown pranks, but mostly because of MAGNI's awesome use of it as an AI. Played that role so damn well you could almost believe they were an omnipotent AI.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #146125

R E D P H O N E
R
E
D

P
H
O
N
E
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #146131

Atlanta-Ned wrote:R E D P H O N E
R
E
D

P
H
O
N
E
Still in the game.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #146135

It doesn't do anything anymore.

Allegedly it used to do something.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #146140

DemonFiren wrote:It doesn't do anything anymore.

Allegedly it used to do something.
[citation needed]
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #146141

Hence, "allegedly".

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #146150

DemonFiren wrote:Hence, """"""""""""""""""allegedly""""""""""""""".
Suddenly the BBC
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #146169

peoplearestrange wrote:
Suddenly the BBC
There's a reason I used that word. If it had been something I know with certainty I would not have used it.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #146171

peoplearestrange wrote:
Suddenly the BBC
Other colour phones are available.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #146172

LiamLime wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:
Suddenly the BBC
Other colour phones are available.
...aw fuck, I didn't get a meme, did I.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #147267

Being able to click almost anywhere on one of the backpack/belt slots to store items. It was convenient, time saving... I doubt it was removed on purpose, but I still miss it. I know there's ctrl+e, but I am an arrow keys fag.

Being able to grab cyborgs.

Fast janicart.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #147427

Being able to disposal Cyborgs
Quick-tabling that lasts long enough for you to strip a headset
Cutting bolts with an e-sword
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #148681

bugs, or accidental gameplay improvements?
EmGee
Byond Username: EmGee

Post by EmGee » #149111

I miss crusher abuse and FOURTY DURANDS.
You could make absolutely anything with it, it was a magical time with mechs galore.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #149116

EmGee wrote:I miss crusher abuse and FOURTY DURANDS.
You could make absolutely anything with it, it was a magical time with mechs galore.
That time when Science would turtle up for 40 minutes and emerge with phazons, durands, x-rays, NVGS and SMGs. What a time it was to be a scientist and miners falling into depression in the bar.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #149148

Yup, bring back the old crusher.

It was glorious.

It was especially glorious if you were Cargo and stole a sci setup.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #149151

What, did the thing give out more resources that you put in it or something?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #149155

If you fed it with micro-manips or matter bins, it sure did.

And different kinds of resources, you could make diamonds and bananium out of metal and glass.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #149157

Reece wrote:What, did the thing give out more resources that you put in it or something?
With a fully upgraded crusher, you could shit out gold, diamonds and bannanium from something stupid like 50 candy wrappers.
HONK mechs were also common
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #149168

Anonmare wrote:
Reece wrote:What, did the thing give out more resources that you put in it or something?
With a fully upgraded crusher, you could shit out gold, diamonds and bannanium from something stupid like 50 candy wrappers.
HONK mechs were also common
Never forget the airhorn shuttles.
Reece

Post by Reece » #149230

what does it do now?
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #149256

Reece wrote:what does it do now?
A much more controlled reclaim process. It used to randomly choose a material and pump it out, having a better manipulator would increase the tiers of materials you could get (and thus the odds of getting something), having a better matter bin would increase the number of sheets.

Now, when an object goes through the crusher it scans the item for materials inside of it. As most objects are made of metal and glass from the auto lathe, those are the most common things you can retrieve from it. If an object was made of gold, uranium, silver or bananium, the machine has a chance to reclaim sheets of that as well. In theory you could could still recycle things like Super Capacitors (gold), Ultra High Power Lasers (Uranium), Phasic Scanning Modules (Silver) and Airhorns (Bananium) enmasse to get more material than you started with, but thats a lot more time consuming than just waiting for the miners to bring you the items to begin with. As far as I know, the Crusher can't reclaim Diamonds or Plasma.
DemonFiren wrote: It was especially glorious if you were Cargo and stole a sci setup.
Usually Sci stole the crusher from Cargo, but I'd always try to give it back once I had enough bananium to make escape yellow with honktiles.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #149262

I miss choking critting people within 15 seconds.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #149267

the old crusher defied the law of energy conservation and it was glorious

I suppose the new one still kinda does but nowhere on the same scale
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
deputi
Byond Username: Deputi

Post by deputi » #149279

I miss the mint room. It was fun getting mint access and becoming a merchant.
Reece

Post by Reece » #149299

Isn't that just the unused mining room? With the coin presses?
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #149390

deputi wrote:I miss the mint room. It was fun getting mint access and becoming a merchant.
Well, it's still on the asteroid! Maybe the press it is a machine and you can move it?
Talking of old mining.
I kinda liked the old smelting. It felt so industrial, just right for a job like miner.
I suppose you could replace the smelter with another ORM and annoy the fuck out of the scientists by having conveyor belts deliver the ores piecemeal (*announcement console beeps* x1000)l. So gonna try that. Every scientist will leave the station with tinnitus. :lol: